Do you eat breakfast?

Options

Replies

• karenmarie1234
    Options
    Yes. I eat breakfast every day. Generally a few hours after waking and before high intensity exercise. Typically it is a generous serving of oatmeal with skim milk, or shredded mini-wheats when I'm feeling wild. LOL. Between the cereal and the coffee with creamer (that I just won't give up) breakfast is my largest and highest calorie intake of the day. It's usually around 700 calories and nearly half of my daily intake.

Lunch is light... soup, maybe a yogurt and a protein bar.

Then I see how many calories I have left for dinner. I eat back some of my exercise calories, but always save at least 400 (on top of the 1000 for weight loss) to be sure that I don't go over with questionable calorie counting.
  • seamandi
    seamandi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast food! However, I've started only eating fruit for breakfast so I occasionally have breakfast for dinner. I eat 300-500 calories worth of fruit every morning depending on how hungry I am, what kind of fruit I have on hand and how long of a walk I take in the morning.
  • Atrocity108
    Atrocity108 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I always eat breakfast. Usually, it hovers around 240cal.

I eat some meat (Chicken or Turkey) with four egg whites and some onions mixed in. For a drink, I will have coffee with 1.5 teaspoons of sugar.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    EVERYBODY eats breakfast ....... The 1st thing you eat after your sleeping fast!! .. It just varies what time of day that you actually eat it!
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    EVERYBODY eats breakfast ....... The 1st thing you eat after your sleeping fast!! .. It just varies what time of day that you actually eat it!

hehe....I like this! \o/
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I most certainly do, usually before 6 A.M. Last few months its my crockpot steel cut banana chia seed oatmeal, and around 150 calories add another 10 for the Coffee Mate creamer I add to it before microwaving. No way I can function w/o eating.
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have a double shot of espresso with butter from a grass fed cow and coconut oil at 6 am.
    I'll eat something like bacon or eggs (or both) or dinner leftovers sometimes at 10:30ish if I feel like it.
  • nathan6878
    nathan6878 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Breakfast wise I am usually eating around anywhere from 150 to 200 of my daily calories. But I tend not to really eat a big lunch and concentrate those calories for dinner or a later snack during the evening.
  • RegularOats
    Options
    Always, always consume breakfast otherwise I will not be awake for morning lectures and grumpy for the remainder of the day.
    The only meal I can get away with skipping is lunch (but that just means an early dinner and glass of milk!)

I believe it's crucial to each something, even if it's just an apple to start your day off
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I have a double shot of espresso with butter from a grass fed cow and coconut oil at 6 am.

Holy frou-frou breakfast, Batman!! People put butter in espresso? OK, I had not heard (herd?) of this before. :tongue:

http://coffeegeek.com/forums/coffee/general/588928
  • queenierz
    queenierz Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yes, I need breakfast othereise I have no energy to workout at the gym! Usually for me around 300-350 cals. Most of my carbs portion will be in breakfast, snack before lunch, and lunch.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Nothing on this earth get's between me and my cereal and lives.

NOTHING!!!
  • LilyOfTheValley008
    Options
    Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day! Honestly without some porridge or wholemeal toast I'd probably want to snack around 10-11 plus be feeling pretty tired still (I wake up 6am).
    I don't think there's anything wrong with not having breakfast as long as you don't binge later, but people I know who suddenly go on diets which include skipping breakfast usually don't last very long.

If it works for you, great. But don't deprive yourself of breakfast if you actually want it.
  • LilyOfTheValley008
    Options
    For whats it's worth , I read a study once that compared the habits of people who had significant weight loss and who were able to maintain the weightloss for > 3 years. Those studied had 2 items that was common to all. 1. They all maintained a daily meticulous food diary/calorie count and 2. they all ate breakfast.

^^^
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast. I overeat when I eat I'm the mornings. It gives me too large of a window to stretch out my calories. I have lunch at 12 and try to finish my calories for the day by 8:00. It's all about calories in and out. The time of day doesn't matter. And it's a myth that eating breakfast kick starts metabolism. I've done some thorough research on the subject lol you should check out the benefits of intermittent fasting. That's basically what I do by skipping breakfast.
  • Becka99x
    Becka99x Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I always eat breakfast, I think it's important and it's about 40% of my calories, but I don't usually eat much of a lunch.
  • PurrlyGirl
    PurrlyGirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I usually eat breakfast, unless I sleep late and just have lunch instead. My daily cals are 1500, and I spend anywhere from 200 to 500 on breakfast, depending on how hungry I am, but most often it's about 250-300. Most days that's plenty.
  • garywishart1
    garywishart1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i vary ..most days i eat breakfast of some sort, beit toast (wholemeal) or frosties. and its only around the 200 calorie mark:drinker: :heart:
  • Himejii
    Options
    My breakfast is usually in the 300-400 calorie range. You don't need to eat a large breakfast or even eat a traditional breakfast at all if you're not hungry. Your metabolism does not need kickstarting nor does eating breakfast guarantee that you'll lose weight more quickly and easily. Some people find the earlier in the day they start eating, the more likely they are to overeat.

This is a relief to read. I get tired of being told "Or Else" all the time.

On school days (I'm a PhD student) I rarely make time for breakfast. I drink two cups of coffee with cream and sugar, and that seems to provide enough energy to get me to lunch.

If I ate late at night the day before, I find it makes me more hungry in the morning, but that the hunger usually passes quickly, especially after coffee. I'm usually hungry for lunch by 11 or 11:30.

When I do eat breakfast, I like to indulge. Eggs benedict or pancakes, so usually about 400-500 calories, which is about 1/3 of my daily intake. On those days, breakfast usually replaces lunch, and I'll have a small snack in the afternoon.

For a while I tried green smoothies for breakfast. Only result was that I was starving by 10:00. It was enough to get my stomach working, but not enough substance to actually be sustaining. Good for my fibre intake though.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Nope to breakfast, unless I'm hungry - I just eat when I feel hungry (normally 12 - 1pm).