You are looking so thin......

I have never thought..... "Gosh, I want to be thin!!" To me "Thin" is not beautiful. Think of it this way..........When you are looking at art.......Is a stick figure drawing really all that beautiful (Mom's use an objective eye here, of course our children's drawings are beautiful, no matter what it is, to us.)......No, stick figures are NOT beautiful............but look at something like the Mona Lisa (obviously far from a "Thin" woman) it IS beautiful........Why? She has curves. Her curves catch light, and has shadows that are worth exploring. So no, I have no desire to be "Thin"..... I have a desire to be "Fit and Muscled" Would I like a flat belly....sure. It makes buying fun clothes easier. The reason Super Models are "Stick thin".......is because they are basically living, breathing, clothes hangers & designers want to display the lines of their clothing........not the lines of the models..........Here is where I see BIG BIG BIG flaws with a designer's thought process........... Woman are wearing these clothes, and WE HAVE CURVES!! We want to see your (the designer) lines, the way they would appear in correlation to OUR lines, and curves. If I want to see what it would look like on a hanger........ I go to the Effing Department store! Guess what I always try the clothes on!! So I HATE when people say, "Oh, you are looking so thin!" I always say, "No, I am looking so fit, and healthy. There is a difference, fit is beautiful, thin is not!" (By the way I thank my parents immensely for teaching me to view the world this way, and keeping me from ever having self confidence issues as a teenage girl. I have never been "thin" I will never be "thin", but I am getting to a place where I can honestly say, " I love my curves, and I am the best version of me I can be. Like my little quote on my page says,"I don't want to be anyone else when I grow up! I just want to be a better version of me." I hope that at least one young woman takes this to heart, and realizes.........That imperfect is some much more beautiful, than the perfect will ever be. I love you all, and I hope you take your inner strength, and make it shine today, & always! Love yourself as who you are now, because NO ONE will EVER love you, like you do!! S&S&S (Smooches, Squeezes, and Spanks)

Replies

• knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    There's no wrong way to have a body.

http://www.niashanks.com/real-woman/
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    There is a difference, fit is beautiful, thin is not!

I like where this thread is going.jpg
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    I do want to stress that this is strictly my own opinion. I am not in anyway saying, a thinner female body is, in anyway less beautiful. I think the human body, alone is AMAZING. What I am hoping to convey here is that no matter who you are, or what size you are, or what you look like.... they key things you need to find for yourself..... is to be FIT (however you accomplish this because it is individual to each and everyone of us. You have to tweak it until you get it right for you, and only you.), and to be HEALTHY (why because life is worth giving it your all for as long as your are give this life, relish it. It is a gift that no one should take for granted)

I just see too many woman who think they need to strive to be who they are not, and I see too many taking unhealthy shortcuts to get there, and cause their body irrevocable damage in their endeavor to be, an idea....instead of a reality. I just felt the need to get on my soapbox today, and hug everyone of us, and say.... LOVE YOU!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Do you realize you just called thin women not beautiful? Can't we feel good about ourselves without degrading others?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    I am not in anyway saying, a thinner female body is, in anyway less beautiful.

Actually, that's exactly what you said.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member

Actually what I said is a stick figure is not beautiful.
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Well said and I completely agree. I always see these posts about people struggling stating they are losing weight for some reason other than for themselves or stating some reason why they "hate" to be overwieght. NO! Love your body no matter what it looks like. Find good things about yourself that you like no matter what you look like and then it will be easier to take care of yourself and get healthy. I dont want to be "thin" either. I LOVE my curves, big bewbs, nice hips, hourglass waist!! I am not trying and will never, ever try to get rid of these curves! I just want to be healthy and strong!

Awesome post as usual Saucy!!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Too...many...ellipses...
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    some women ARE naturally model thin though.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    IMO, real women come in all shapes and sizes, and they're beautiful.

Thin, fit, healthy, etc are just descriptors. Instead of allowing it to offend you, take it as a compliment. You are a woman, and you are beautiful in your own skin.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Too...many...ellipses...

And this. Paragraphs are your friends.
  • blukitten

Actually what I said is a stick figure is not beautiful.

Stick figure thin can be just as unhealthy as overwieght! I get what you said Saucy and meant by it!!

What she said was that everyone should be what they consider beautiful and not try to conform to anyone elses opinion of what that might be!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    To me "Thin" is not beautiful.

fit is beautiful, thin is not!"
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    You meant well but your presentation is seriously lacking (and did include body shamming of thin women) so I think you are getting yourself in trouble with this one....
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    I do want to stress that this is strictly my own opinion. I am not in anyway saying, a thinner female body is, in anyway less beautiful. I think the human body, alone is AMAZING. What I am hoping to convey here is that no matter who you are, or what size you are, or what you look like.... they key things you need to find for yourself..... is to be FIT (however you accomplish this because it is individual to each and everyone of us. You have to tweak it until you get it right for you, and only you.), and to be HEALTHY (why because life is worth giving it your all for as long as your are give this life, relish it. It is a gift that no one should take for granted)

I just see too many woman who think they need to strive to be who they are not, and I see too many taking unhealthy shortcuts to get there, and cause their body irrevocable damage in their endeavor to be, an idea....instead of a reality. I just felt the need to get on my soapbox today, and hug everyone of us, and say.... LOVE YOU!

There are plenty of thin, fit women.

Your delivery needs work.
  • blukitten
    IMO, real women come in all shapes and sizes, and they're beautiful.

Thin, fit, healthy, etc are just descriptors. Instead of allowing it to offend you, take it as a compliment. You are a woman, and you are beautiful in your own skin.

This! ^^
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Cliffs notes?
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    Your parents did something very wrong...I would reconsider your perception.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    To me "Thin" is not beautiful.

fit is beautiful, thin is not!"

This is why I love the internet.

If we were having this discussion in person she'd again say, "No I didn't say that. You're misunderstanding me."

She did say that, and I can only assume she meant it since she took the time to type it out. It's right there in black and white. You can stand by what you wrote, you can admit you were wrong and take it back, but you can not tell everyone else they're misinterpreting your own words when they're right there clear as day.

^This. 100%.