PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    There's no wrong way to have a body.

http://www.niashanks.com/real-woman/

:heart:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I don't care if you are offending others. I think you are being rude and *****y to your friends. You don't sound like much fun.

Putting down other body types doesn't go far in convincing others that OP's body type is the most desirable, which I think is what she's trying to do here. Ugly is ugly, and it generally comes from within.

I agree with you on that. It does come from within.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Hysterical neither of these women are fit to me. I don't care what they do with themselves- but it is not a body type I find attractive or long to be- BUT- they may be perfectly happy- which is fine- I'm not here to judge- but since you are judging- I'll go ahead and let you know I'm judging you on your definition of "fit"

because Kiera Knightly really? fit?
    Love her- she's beautiful- even side/center boob leakage and all- but fit?
    This is how I see thin...........

070131_thin_model.jpg

This is how I see fit..........

keira-knightley-beach-bathing-suit.jpg
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I am not in anyway saying, a thinner female body is, in anyway less beautiful.

Actually, that's exactly what you said.

Actually what I said is a stick figure is not beautiful.

and who exactly is making the counter argument that stick figures are beautiful?

I will because they are. Every time my daughter hands me a picture she's drawn, I think it is beautiful.

Humans aren't stick figures, and equating a human being to a stick figure is insulting, regardless of so-called intentions.
  • lizzybathory
    Options

and who exactly is making the counter argument that stick figures are beautiful?
    I think we're all making the argument that people you might call "stick figures" don't deserve to be put down for their body type.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Hysterical neither of these women are fit to me. I don't care what they do with themselves- but it is not a body type I find attractive or long to be- BUT- they may be perfectly happy- which is fine- I'm not here to judge- but since you are judging- I'll go ahead and let you know I'm judging you on your definition of "fit"

because Kiera Knightly really? fit?
    Love her- she's beautiful- even side/center boob leakage and all- but fit?
    This is how I see thin...........

070131_thin_model.jpg

This is how I see fit..........

keira-knightley-beach-bathing-suit.jpg

I wonder what OP definition of FIT is?
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    There are different types of fitness. Not just one.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    Well this thread is a big ole cluster ****.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

I just think you should chose your words carefully.

Okay:

I do not want to be "thin". I want to be "fit", and have visible muscles. This is the look I prefer for myself, and what I find most attractive in others.

Not okay:

I do not want to be "thin". "Thin" is not beautiful, "fit" is beautiful.

But I I say "I don't want to be thin. Thin isn't beautiful to me, but being fit is." it's unacceptable, even though I am clearly talking about how I feel? And it's not okay because thin women might be offended that I don't think they're beautiful? Because I'm morally obligated to pretend like I think all bodies are beautiful?

Anddddd that's okay?

No, of course you aren't morally obligated to pretend you think all bodies are beautiful. But yes, I do believe people should try not to insult others. And OP didn't *just* say "thin isn't beautiful to me". She posted 3 paragraphs emphasizing her opinion and justifying why it was "right", and thanking her parents for it, etc.
  • free1220
    free1220 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Heeehee..have at it!!!:huh:
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options

I just think you should chose your words carefully.

Okay:

I do not want to be "thin". I want to be "fit", and have visible muscles. This is the look I prefer for myself, and what I find most attractive in others.

Not okay:

I do not want to be "thin". "Thin" is not beautiful, "fit" is beautiful.

But I I say "I don't want to be thin. Thin isn't beautiful to me, but being fit is." it's unacceptable, even though I am clearly talking about how I feel? And it's not okay because thin women might be offended that I don't think they're beautiful? Because I'm morally obligated to pretend like I think all bodies are beautiful?

Anddddd that's okay?

No, of course you aren't morally obligated to pretend you think all bodies are beautiful. But yes, I do believe people should try not to insult others. And OP didn't *just* say "thin isn't beautiful to me". She posted 3 paragraphs emphasizing her opinion and justifying why it was "right", and thanking her parents for it, etc.

I'm not sure you call call what the OP posted paragraphs let alone number them, honestly. Seems more like one really long sentence/thought.

Emphasizing a point isn't wrong. She prefaced with 'To me', making it clear that it's her judgement. That's a far cry from 'Men don't want bones' or 'Muscularity on women is gross' or "Being above a size 14 is just unhealthy and disgusting'. In fact it's no different from
    just an FYI for your reference keira knightley the girl in the second photo is underweight by medical standards and has long since been called anorexic because she will often get down to the size of the girl in the top photo.

I think OP should learn when to "speak" and not to speak and not be offensive. And personally I'd rather look "thin" without a bunch of muscle tone than "fit". You can be thin without being emaciated looked. Learn the difference.

this, which casts judgement on Keira Knightley under the guise of medical standards (concern trolling) and takes time to stop over and express her view of the 'muscular' look. But this was fine even tho it's in no way different than the OP's post. I suppose because it was brief? More words = more offense?

We all wanna stop body shaming but this reeks of fighting against someone's personal opinion and trying to take it from them/police how they're allowed to express themselves because it's not up to the standards of others.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    When people compliment me, I give the benefit of the doubt that they meant it as a compliment (and are not bogged down by hang ups over words). And I thank them. I don't launch into a speech and get angry at them, and demand that they compliment me My Way.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I sense hurt buttocks.

Are there hurt buttocks in the house?
  • prettychelly
    prettychelly Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Or we could all just stop talking about other's bodies.

This. I'm really just trying to focus on me.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Good job OP, body shaming thin people is never a good ideal and I believe it's against the rules of MFP to do so.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I sense hurt buttocks.

butthurt is always funny.
  • lizzybathory
    Options
    just an FYI for your reference keira knightley the girl in the second photo is underweight by medical standards and has long since been called anorexic because she will often get down to the size of the girl in the top photo.

I think OP should learn when to "speak" and not to speak and not be offensive. And personally I'd rather look "thin" without a bunch of muscle tone than "fit". You can be thin without being emaciated looked. Learn the difference.

this, which casts judgement on Keira Knightley under the guise of medical standards (concern trolling) and takes time to stop over and express her view of the 'muscular' look. But this was fine even tho it's in no way different than the OP's post. I suppose because it was brief? More words = more offense?
    I interpreted that more as a point about how OP's judgments are subjective and inaccurate than as "concern trolling". I did think it was strange that the OP posted two pictures of different women, and said one was okay and one wasn't; but chose a woman with some controversy around her weight as the ideal to prove that her point wasn't controversial?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I sense hurt buttocks.

butthurt is always funny.

for great truth.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

Actually, what you said is, "Fit is beautiful, thin is not" and "Thin is not beautiful."

Don't make such a bold statement and then try to take it back. It doesn't work like that here or in the real world. I understand your point of the message. However, the above two statements in quotations are where your message took a turn for the worst.

You, along with everyone else in the world, are in no way, shape, or form entitled to decide what type of body is beautiful and what isn't. Thin is beautiful. Fit is beautiful. Curvy is beautiful. Overweight is beautiful. Obese is beautiful. White is beautiful. Black is beautiful. You get the point.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    When people compliment me, I give the benefit of the doubt that they meant it as a compliment (and are not bogged down by hang ups over words). And I thank them. I don't launch into a speech and get angry at them, and demand that they compliment me My Way.

Sometimes people tell me I'm very well spoken/really pretty for a black person. Or oh, 'hey, you're must smarter than people in the military usually are.' or 'wow, you just seem like you've always been small, I never would have guess you had to work at it.' I'm fairly certainly certain they mean it as a compliment and yet it's really hard for me go 'hey, thanks.'.

I'm not saying you gotta get mad but there is nothing wrong with saying "Hey, I actually don't care for that."

But I'm not one to let people say crap I don't appreciate to me and smile because they're 'really nice' or whatever