You are looking so thin......

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Why are you so angry? It's just a word. They meant it as a compliment. And you get all *****y because you don't like the word. They don't have your hang up. Chill out.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    in for body shaming.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    surprised OP didnt post nicki minaj's "anaconda"

And then a bunch of people could tell us how they think Nicki's *kitten* is gross and unsightly/that she should cover it up more and even though that would be an amazing example of body shaming no one would be able to connect how it's different from what the OP said.

And I would laugh.

Edit: More. I would laugh more
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    This is her opinion and non you people have to agree with it. I don't think she bashing anyone, you all act like she put someone's picture up here and said they are ugly they are thin. She doesn't think thin woman look beautiful and who cares. A person must feel they look beautiful so someone else's opinion should not matter. I think that what she wrote was her inspiring woman with curves not bashing thin women. Who is to say what is thin and what is not and I agree a stick figure is not attractive to me either but It may be the most beautiful stick figure to someone else tho. Everyone is not going to like the same things in life which is great because that way there is someone for everyone out here.

Actually. ..

This is how I see thin...........

070131_thin_model.jpg

This is how I see fit..........

keira-knightley-beach-bathing-suit.jpg
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Who cares what someone's body type is? Care if they are an @$$hole or not.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    So the Mona Lisa has curves despite only showing a face, only one body type is acceptable as beautiful, and being thin is disgusting and an insult?
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Op, what if they say slim or slender?
  • Daiako
    Options
    So the Mona Lisa has curves despite only showing a face, only one body type is acceptable as beautiful, and being thin is disgusting and an insult?

Is it not possible, and roll with me here, that in all the billions of people out there on this planet That MAYBE some of them perceive words different than others? And that what is a positive to some is a negative to others? And that we shouldn't have to pretend to be complemented by something because otherwise some thin/fat/thick/short/tall/ugly girl somewhere might be offended?

No?
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    just an FYI for your reference keira knightley the girl in the second photo is underweight by medical standards and has long since been called anorexic because she will often get down to the size of the girl in the top photo.

I think OP should learn when to "speak" and not to speak and not be offensive. And personally I'd rather look "thin" without a bunch of muscle tone than "fit". You can be thin without being emaciated looked. Learn the difference.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I will have everyone know, that my milkshakes bring the boys to the yard.
  • Daiako
    Options
    just an FYI for your reference keira knightley the girl in the second photo is underweight by medical standards and has long since been called anorexic because she will often get down to the size of the girl in the top photo.

I think OP should learn when to "speak" and not to speak and not be offensive. And personally I'd rather look "thin" without a bunch of muscle tone than "fit". You can be thin without being emaciated looked. Learn the difference.

lols.

Still laughing.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Some opinions are best left in the mind and not put to words.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    CANT YOU GUYS JUST READ SOMETHING WITHOUT COMMENTING LIKE LITTLE MFP SNOBS??! JESUS CHRIST.

I understand that OP was trying to relay a positive message. Good for her. But we can be positive without accidentally being insulting. I don't see anything wrong with pointing this out to her. Maybe she'll learn from it.

I know that in the past I've had "that girl should eat a sandwich" thoughts. I may have even voiced this out load. I didn't realize that I was being insulting and that "skinny shaming" is just as bad as "fat shaming".

I also made a post on this website telling women not to shop in the juniors section. I thought I was being funny and/or helping out women who are frustrated with the style of clothing they are finding. It was pointed out to me that I was being insulting and that a lot of women prefer those styles and even fit better in those clothes. I apologized, admitted I was wrong, etc.

Learning from one's mistake is essential to leading a successful life.

But at what point does the line between 'hey that's not okay to say' become 'hey, you aren't allowed to speak your opinion'?

If I write a thread about how I'm unhappy as I lose weight because I look thin and to me looking thing is the equivalent of looking weak.and thus is undesirable where is the line between 'Hey, some women are naturally thin and that's not okay' and 'But that's now the body I want or think is attractive?' Is not going 'In my opinion' and 'for me' an admittance that it's a personal ideal and not meant to be a reflection of how everyone feels?

Is body shaming not putting down a form or body universally, calling it ugly or what have you, NOT saying it's a form that's unwelcome for you? And if the latter isn't okay then what exactly is okay?

I just think you should chose your words carefully.

Okay:

I do not want to be "thin". I want to be "fit", and have visible muscles. This is the look I prefer for myself, and what I find most attractive in others.

Not okay:

I do not want to be "thin". "Thin" is not beautiful, "fit" is beautiful.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I don't care if you are offending others. I think you are being rude and *****y to your friends. You don't sound like much fun.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    10z048p.gif
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

Could I get your recipe?
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I am not in anyway saying, a thinner female body is, in anyway less beautiful.

Actually, that's exactly what you said.

Actually what I said is a stick figure is not beautiful.

and who exactly is making the counter argument that stick figures are beautiful?
  • Daiako
    Options
    CANT YOU GUYS JUST READ SOMETHING WITHOUT COMMENTING LIKE LITTLE MFP SNOBS??! JESUS CHRIST.

I understand that OP was trying to relay a positive message. Good for her. But we can be positive without accidentally being insulting. I don't see anything wrong with pointing this out to her. Maybe she'll learn from it.

I know that in the past I've had "that girl should eat a sandwich" thoughts. I may have even voiced this out load. I didn't realize that I was being insulting and that "skinny shaming" is just as bad as "fat shaming".

I also made a post on this website telling women not to shop in the juniors section. I thought I was being funny and/or helping out women who are frustrated with the style of clothing they are finding. It was pointed out to me that I was being insulting and that a lot of women prefer those styles and even fit better in those clothes. I apologized, admitted I was wrong, etc.

Learning from one's mistake is essential to leading a successful life.

But at what point does the line between 'hey that's not okay to say' become 'hey, you aren't allowed to speak your opinion'?

If I write a thread about how I'm unhappy as I lose weight because I look thin and to me looking thing is the equivalent of looking weak.and thus is undesirable where is the line between 'Hey, some women are naturally thin and that's not okay' and 'But that's now the body I want or think is attractive?' Is not going 'In my opinion' and 'for me' an admittance that it's a personal ideal and not meant to be a reflection of how everyone feels?

Is body shaming not putting down a form or body universally, calling it ugly or what have you, NOT saying it's a form that's unwelcome for you? And if the latter isn't okay then what exactly is okay?

I just think you should chose your words carefully.

Okay:

I do not want to be "thin". I want to be "fit", and have visible muscles. This is the look I prefer for myself, and what I find most attractive in others.

Not okay:

I do not want to be "thin". "Thin" is not beautiful, "fit" is beautiful.

But I I say "I don't want to be thin. Thin isn't beautiful to me, but being fit is." it's unacceptable, even though I am clearly talking about how I feel? And it's not okay because thin women might be offended that I don't think they're beautiful? Because I'm morally obligated to pretend like I think all bodies are beautiful?

Anddddd that's okay?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

Could I get your recipe?

I'd have to charge.

(Team Assist was SUPER EFFECTIVE!)
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I don't care if you are offending others. I think you are being rude and *****y to your friends. You don't sound like much fun.

Putting down other body types doesn't go far in convincing others that OP's body type is the most desirable, which I think is what she's trying to do here. Ugly is ugly, and it generally comes from within.