MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Time to Bulk

43324484.jpg
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

What we do know:
    - You sterotyping the men as obese and with a poor diet, is exactly the same type of stereotyping as women thinking 6-pack = boring and self absorbed.

Umm, if you are obese, you are eating too many calories; excessive eating = a poor diet. If that isn't your understanding, I'm dying to know where you think that body fat comes from.
  • shankasaurus
    shankasaurus Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    bummed that most of these 'meeting new people' scenarios seem to be centered around bars and alcohol. two things i've been forced to ban my childish self from lol

Dating is a numbers game. Do whatever you have to, to meet MORE people. It's why I like online dating! So many choices. There have been times I've gone on a different date every night for a week!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    bummed that most of these 'meeting new people' scenarios seem to be centered around bars and alcohol. two things i've been forced to ban my childish self from lol

Meh. There are a lot of places to meet people besides a bar.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    instead of the muscle shirt we got
    sixpack.jpg
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    ehhh I guess I'm that 1/4 then. I don't find beer bellies attractive, why do I want to be a with a man who looks pregnant? :noway:
    I'm all for a flat belly or toned or 6 pack.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    yeah...there in lies my big problem....
    Conversation.....
    or I just talk about stupid stuff.....that they could honestly care less about.

stuff that is important to YOU is not stupid stuff.
    It may be stupid to them- but it isn't to you.

But when you find someone who is engaged and passionate about what they do- and you have things that over lap- thats when it works.

Mine could give two whoots about fabric- and beads- and dance- but I get visibly excited- eyes light up- hands start going- I can't stand still.

He gets excited about boxing- or gaming.

I get the same way about motorcycles- he does too. We both have something we love- and we have something we love that overlaps- win win.
    (steak- we also have steak)

You just gotta find someone who gets as excited about stuff as you do.
    Someone who can engage a stranger in an enthralling conversation certainly has a lot of 'game'.

It would be wrong to assume that those who do not possess the particular gift are incapable of meaningful and stimulating conversation when they know you better or are otherwise more comfortable.

clearly this plays into the confidence thing though

Well. I agree- to a point. But if you are in a highly social setting- I expect some sort of verbal sparring. Or at the VERY least- some really confident eye contact- engaging verbally isn't all there is to confidence. Seriously. Body language and confidence are strongly tied together.

My BF has no issues being playful and throws banter about- but put him in a bar and his is miserable- but at some point- you have to come out of the shell and show that you can engage... we are at a bar- and you don't- you're getting passed over. So fi that isn't your arena and you aren't comfortable- then don't go to bars- and if you do- I don't expect you'd be approaching women.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Dating is a numbers game. Do whatever you have to, to meet MORE people. It's why I like online dating! So many choices. There have been times I've gone on a different date every night for a week!

Sounds fun.
  • shankasaurus
    Options

Sounds fun.

What can I say. I know how to have fun. I had ice cream for breakfast.
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    In to read later.......
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

What can I say. I know how to have fun. I had ice cream for breakfast.

521bbbef697ab04a7e007a18._w.540_s.fit_.gif
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options

always thought i'd have better luck on line because i thought i wasn't that bad looking and the shyness thing is a non-issue... has not worked out like that in practice lol
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    Well. I agree- to a point. But if you are in a highly social setting- I expect some sort of verbal sparring. Or at the VERY least- some really confident eye contact- engaging verbally isn't all there is to confidence. Seriously. Body language and confidence are strongly tied together.

My BF has no issues being playful and throws banter about- but put him in a bar and his is miserable- but at some point- you have to come out of the shell and show that you can engage... we are at a bar- and you don't- you're getting passed over. So fi that isn't your arena and you aren't comfortable- then don't go to bars- and if you do- I don't expect you'd be approaching women.

that is a good point. me going to a bar to pick up chics would be like a polar bear trying to hunt in the jungle. Does not play to my natural strengths.

not that i'm going there anyway. 90% of the girl friends i had (which isn't many) have basically fell into my lap, sometimes quite literally actually lol... well once anyway ;)
  • therealblackdahlia
    therealblackdahlia Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    I think a man can be hot regardless of the size or shape of his stomach, guess it all depends on the man!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

What we do know:
    - You sterotyping the men as obese and with a poor diet, is exactly the same type of stereotyping as women thinking 6-pack = boring and self absorbed.

Umm, if you are obese, you are eating too many calories; excessive eating = a poor diet. If that isn't your understanding, I'm dying to know where you think that body fat comes from.

My point: Eating to excess is not the only criteris for a poor diet. There is no guarantee that 6-pack man eats healthier, only that he doesn't overeat.
  • shankasaurus
    Options

always thought i'd have better luck on line because i thought i wasn't that bad looking and the shyness thing is a non-issue... has not worked out like that in practice lol

You might be doing it wrong. You come across as kind of serious. I find humor and jokes to work the best. Don't take it or yourself too seriously. Message TONS of women, and then forget about them unless they reply. NEVER mention what they look like in your message to them (its implied that you think they are attractive just by sending the message, anything more is creepy). It's important to meet QUICKLY. The longer you wait the more time they will have to change their mind. Plus it's really fun to be spontaneous. Don't put too much expectations into that first meeting, you can really not tell enough about a person from online interaction, so don't get your hopes up. If you like them, schedule another date, if you don't, it's perfectly acceptable to ignore them.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

What we do know:

My point: Eating to excess is not the only criteris for a poor diet. There is no guarantee that 6-pack man eats healthier, only that he doesn't overeat.

I guess it is possible.....
    but still, 6-pack abs does require a person to be on top of his/her game.
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    I skimmed through most of the comments and truly the "research" results can vary a thousand times over depending on who you are asking. If you are with someone who finds you attractive and you find them attractive then it's a win. Most of the connection comes from personality, but everyone's eye candy is different. Who cares about doing a study on it. If you are happy with you than that is perfect. Don't change your look to please someone else.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I think the flaw of the study is using Colin Firth as an example of the everyday average shlub. Most women I know would gladly take Mr. Firth, and his love handles, any day of the week.