Women prefer bellies over 6-packs

Options

Replies

• 21million
    21million Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm sure they do. But the reasons for that preference are all messed up. It's based solely on stereotypes.

It doesn't even mention that a lot of women feel insecure about themselves if their partner is fit.

Who can keep up with all this?

I know, women are such a PITA. Sorry!!!!! That's just..... that's just who we are.

...What is PITA?
  • stacked
    stacked Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I find bellies gross, as well. I hate mine. I for sure dont want my man to have one.

Where are the men that like women with bellies?

I bet the numbers are way different from the other perspective.
  • 21million
    21million Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I find bellies gross, as well. I hate mine. I for sure dont want my man to have one.

I'd bet men don't mind as much as girls do. Women are cute with a little chub! Then again, are we talking 10 - 30lbs over prime weight for body structure, or 50+?
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    big bellies????? what about big.......??
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Oh, and for the record... offering to buy a drink is probably the worst approach these days.
    If I go out to the bar... it's to go dancing. I will have one, maybe two drinks at all that night, and the rest is water. That means that IF I were even receptive to have a drink bought for me, it would have to be as SOON as I get there.

99% of the time, I decline all drinks and conversation is over.

A person would have a much better chance at striking up a conversation about something I'm wearing,

These days, I simply respond by letting them know that I'm seeing someone, and that I appreciate the offer but will be sticking to water for the rest of the night. That way, if they just feel like chatting, then they know up front that I want no more than that.

On a side note... I responded that way and the guy responded with offering to buy me my next water. well played.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I'm sure they do. But the reasons for that preference are all messed up. It's based solely on stereotypes.

It doesn't even mention that a lot of women feel insecure about themselves if their partner is fit.

Who can keep up with all this?

I know, women are such a PITA. Sorry!!!!! That's just..... that's just who we are.

...What is PITA?

Pain In The A**
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I call lies, lies lies! Fit does not mean their obsessed with themselves just means
    :blushing: you'll get more attention and time in the bedroom :D!
  • nillapup
    nillapup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm just here for the 6 packs....:bigsmile: :tongue: :glasses:
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

I'd bet men don't mind as much as girls do. Women are cute with a little chub! Then again, are we talking 10 - 30lbs over prime weight for body structure, or 50+?

As long as I do not have to move it out the way to get to where I am trying to get to I am cool.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    The OP referenced "big bellies" and "beer bellies", not just undefined / non-6 pack stomachs. If you have a big gut hanging down over your belt line, I would suggest that there are health problems on the horizon for you...

It would increase risk of disease. But so do a lot of other things that have absolutely nothing to do with waist circumference or weight. A man with a beer belly could have just as much muscle underneath as the man with a 6 pack. And they could have less disease risk factors than the man with the 6-pack.

And none of that will necessarily affect the fun and satisfaction one has in a relationship. There are no guarantees of health. I doubt many women would want to be with a man just because they thought he might have less risk of disease later. If so, they'd be asking for a complete medical history, including family history, before deciding who to date.

We can only rationally discuss the factors that are available - in this thread, it is about a man's physical fitness, based upon the presence of a beer belly. Speaking of / dreaming up other possible risk factors is pointless because they are unknowns and off point.

We do know that people who are obese have a higher risk of diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer, heart disease, etc. If a person has a big belly, they are generally not eating a healthy diet and not exercising enough. These are not exactly earth shattering or controversial observations, are they?

We don't know a lot of things, such as:

- if the women in the survey gave long term health a thought (I would guess no, since it's unknown for both groups)
    - if the beer belly men's diet is more or less healthy than the 6-pack men
    - if the beer belly men have a higher risk of diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer, heart disease
    - if the beer belly men are obese

What we do know:
    - You sterotyping the men as obese and with a poor diet, is exactly the same type of stereotyping as women thinking 6-pack = boring and self absorbed.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    Yes. Yes there is.

But if you were after friendly, you would learn really quickly that my sisters weren't for you.

And as a note - my sisters have bought guys drinks at a bar. But again, my sisters have confidence in spades - which is what this sidetracked conversation was about.

then i guess your right in saying that her approach goes a long way in finding out if she is compatible with whomever is trying to get her attention lol
  • stillhere1981
    stillhere1981 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It depends on what they prefer them for. A guy for just a roll in the hay - 6-pack for sure. However, a nice and funny guy with a belly definitely wins over the opposite with a 6-pack.

Women like men that make them laugh.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    bummed that most of these 'meeting new people' scenarios seem to be centered around bars and alcohol. two things i've been forced to ban my childish self from lol
  • theonepercentile
    Options
    Time to Bulk
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    There is an awful lot of generalizing going on here. I have dated some guys with bellies who were pretty full of themselves, too. Having a belly does not make you a good boyfriend.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Time to Bulk
    how YOUUU doin'???
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    bummed that most of these 'meeting new people' scenarios seem to be centered around bars and alcohol. two things i've been forced to ban my childish self from lol

I can say for the year I turned 21 that I went to the bar over 100 times. Bars are always fun but now I like to go and be sober which is something new for me.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    It depends on what they prefer them for. A guy for just a roll in the hay - 6-pack for sure. However, a nice and funny guy with a belly definitely wins over the opposite with a 6-pack.

Women like men that make them laugh.

:huh: :huh: :huh:

You are prolly right though.
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I'd prefer a leaner man over one with a belly. Doesn't necessarily have to be a 6-pack, but lean is nice. I have a range that I prefer. I've always tried to stay somewhat healthy (with a few years of fail on that), and being with a guy that at least tries, too, would be nice.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    ^^ pretty sure thats what hell will be like for me lol

opps, i mean forced to be around drunk people till 4 am while i'm 100% sober