Women prefer bellies over 6-packs

Options

Replies

• LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    If you can pass my sister test you're gold.

My sister at a bar. Guy walks up to her,
    Guy: I would offer to buy you a drink but I see you have one already.
    Sister: That's ok, you can reimburse me.
    Guy: Hahaha
    Sister: No, I'm serious.
    Guy walks away cuz he has nothing.

If you can come out swinging at that, you're good to go.
    Woman likes guys who are aggressive and can't take a hint. Film at 11.
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Then you, sir, are a hidden gem in the dating world. Women can teach a guy some confidence - as long as you're ok one on one with her.

first awful approach to someone who already has a drink. What are you trying to say about your sister?

My sister is amazingly awesome and hilarious.

That is what I'm saying.

The 'test' as I'm calling it, is not so much about the approach, but if you someone shoots your first attempt down, do you engage or give up? Can you pick yourself up and have fun with it?

For example, if he said - "shoot, I only have credit cards, but I have a taco bell gift card in my wallet I can give you."

Sold. He just created an opening an opportunity to determine compatibility over a drink.

And if he had said 'Ok. Here's however much the drink was and I'll buy you another when you're done."
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    It's a woman's confidence thing, definitely.

I've been attracted to all forms of male. Never bothers me one way or another. Fit and unfit, men are each very different. My choice of men has nothing to do with six-pack or no.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Generalizations.

Breast size is not important as long as she has a great sense of humor.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Then you, sir, are a hidden gem in the dating world. Women can teach a guy some confidence - as long as you're ok one on one with her.

first awful approach to someone who already has a drink. What are you trying to say about your sister?

That is what I'm saying.

The 'test' as I'm calling it, is not so much about the approach, but if you someone shoots your first attempt down, do you engage or give up? Can you pick yourself up and have fun with it?

For example, if he said - "shoot, I only have credit cards, but I have a taco bell gift card in my wallet I can give you."

Sold. He just created an opening an opportunity to determine compatibility over a drink.

So the test is get rejected and see what happens? See if you're persistent? LOL

No. That is not the test.

That is someone calling you out on a bad line and seeing if you're willing to engage in wits and really want a conversation. It is giving the guy an opening to show you're compatible - which is the point.

If the guy was just trying a line and doesn't want to engage. He walks away. Fail.

If he tries to engage wits? Opening. Potential win.

If he replies with honesty: 'I'm sorry about that line - I was just trying to find a way to approach you. Can I get the next round?' Win.

Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread for a bit. Six packs vs. bellies. Discuss.
    212019156 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Although offering to buy a girl a drink may be a weak approach I don't think it really falls under the "line" category.

That is what I'm saying.

So the test is get rejected and see what happens? See if you're persistent? LOL

That is someone calling you out on a bad line and seeing if you're willing to engage in wits and really want a conversation. It is giving the guy an opening to show you're compatible - which is the point.

If the guy was just trying a line and doesn't want to engage. He walks away. Fail.

If he replies with honesty: 'I'm sorry about that line - I was just trying to find a way to approach you. Can I get the next round?' Win.

• No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    persistance definetly not a plus in this arena lol.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Even if that were true, a 6-pack is not necessary for a strong core.

oh really, what part of your body would it strengthen then?

doesn't matter anyway. The abs pull the pelvis an inch or two closer to the sterum... a motion some men use during sex lol

Please read my post again, as you seem to have misread it. I did not say that men with 6-packs do not have a strong core.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Why don't women buy the guy a drink? :huh: :huh:

I concur w/ N_F_L
    Persistence in this arena is total B.S.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    well, I don't have one yet. How bout you buy ME one, then the next round is on me?

Kidding, but I'm curious how this would play out.

Borderline arrogant response depending on delivery.

If it was my sister? She'd have another right there for you that would require another witty response. You have to be willing to engage in conversation.

My sisters are tough. Beautiful, smart, witty and taken - if you can engage with them you need confidence in spades. Which is what I was trying to drive at.

that's the point- if you can engage and keep up- you're worth talking to. If you can't- you're not worth it. I"m the same way. I'm not even dating and I still have the same conversations- its just no fun having boring conversations with people.

I wound up at a place once at 3 AM (not my choice but whatever) and I had a scarf on my head (lace thing) and I was preening(I admit) and not drunk- but the guy was wasted.
    stumbles up to me and goes

OH- Are you... what's it called.
    OH YEAH- Religious- you know- that Muslim thing?
    ...lol- um- no.

So he presses on- SHOCKED FACE- WAIT.... like ARE YOU IN MOURNING??

I couldn't I couldn't let it go.

Yes.

OMG I"M SO SORRY.

yeah- I had him going for a while.

but yeah- if you can't figure out how to TALK and take a joke- it's over. and over fast.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

I concur w/ N_F_L

I never approach anyone... I'm too shy.
    Could be why I never dated much. There seems to be a connection. lol
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options

seems like there's a more friendly way of doing that.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options

I concur w/ N_F_L

I never approach anyone... I'm too shy.
    Could be why I never dated much. There seems to be a connection. lol

ding ding ding!
  • NataliaLueck
    NataliaLueck Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    um…hell NO i do not prefer bellies, in fact i find them gross….
  • TheNewPriceIsLoading
    TheNewPriceIsLoading Posts: 2,135 Member
    Options
    belly = anything other than 6 pack...
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    :huh:

Damn girl, nice back!!!!

:blushing: Thank you!

In for the back! Whoa! You're looking super cut!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

that's the point- if you can engage and keep up- you're worth talking to. If you can't- you're not worth it. I"m the same way. I'm not even dating and I still have the same conversations- its just no fun having boring conversations with people.

but yeah- if you can't figure out how to TALK and take a joke- it's over. and over fast.

yeah...there in lies my big problem....
    Conversation.....
    or I just talk about stupid stuff.....that they could honestly care less about.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    well, I don't have one yet. How bout you buy ME one, then the next round is on me?

Kidding, but I'm curious how this would play out.

Borderline arrogant response depending on delivery.

If it was my sister? She'd have another right there for you that would require another witty response. You have to be willing to engage in conversation.

My sisters are tough. Beautiful, smart, witty and taken - if you can engage with them you need confidence in spades. Which is what I was trying to drive at.

I wound up at a place once at 3 AM (not my choice but whatever) and I had a scarf on my head (lace thing) and I was preening(I admit) and not drunk- but the guy was wasted.
    stumbles up to me and goes

OH- Are you... what's it called.
    OH YEAH- Religious- you know- that Muslim thing?
    ...lol- um- no.

So he presses on- SHOCKED FACE- WAIT.... like ARE YOU IN MOURNING??

I couldn't I couldn't let it go.

Yes.

OMG I"M SO SORRY.

yeah- I had him going for a while.

Someone who can engage a stranger in an enthralling conversation certainly has a lot of 'game'.

It would be wrong to assume that those who do not possess the particular gift are incapable of meaningful and stimulating conversation when they know you better or are otherwise more comfortable.

clearly this plays into the confidence thing though
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

seems like there's a more friendly way of doing that.

Yes. Yes there is.

But if you were after friendly, you would learn really quickly that my sisters weren't for you.

And as a note - my sisters have bought guys drinks at a bar. But again, my sisters have confidence in spades - which is what this sidetracked conversation was about.
  • raisealittlehell
    raisealittlehell Posts: 341 Member
    Options

I concur w/ N_F_L

I always buy first rounds/drinks (I don't drink either- bring on the coffee) and I have had more then one guy get mad at me.