Women prefer bellies over 6-packs

Options

Replies

• talentedmom56
    talentedmom56 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I prefer a larger man. Always have. Since I was a kid I saw larger men as extreamly handsome. Thin men have nothing to hold onto at night.
    Many thin men like me becasue I'm large. Sometimes that's a kink, other times it's a true connection (It ws for my husband).
    People like people for different reasons.
    For me, the heart and eyes are much more important than the body, but I'll take chunky over thin.
    Guess that means I agree with the study.
    Candace
  • shankasaurus
    shankasaurus Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Seth Rogan is funny and Zac Effron is a baby. Now if I had to pick between Seth and Dane...

bd5f85cdb9d107ae8fb6ad5660993792.jpg

funny and hot. *swoon* I spend way too much time on mfp looking at shirtless pics.
  • Return_of_the_Big_Mac
    Options
    when was Dane Cook ever funny?
  • ninja8tofu
    ninja8tofu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Give me abs. My bf used to have abs. I miss them, much the way, I'm sure he missed my petite little self when I had gained a lot of weight.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

I think you may be misreading that. Maybe that is the case for some, maybe not. People are attracted to those they feel comfortable with. If someone is insecure in their size, they may not feel comfortable with someone who is built like adonis... they may worry that their lack of fitness makes them unattractive or unappealing. Regardless of gender.

It's like you KNOW me! Get out of my head, Mirey!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I can't say I am surprised by these results, but was this a scientific study or a survey? Does anyone have a link to the actual study?

EL OH EL
    I'm pretty sure i read it's Fox..... So i hope your expectations are very very very very very low.

Fox news doesn't typically (ever?) do studies. They do however often poorly report the results. Just because it's on Fox News does not mean a study is flawed.

I never said they did a study - hence why i said 'i read it was Fox' as i remember somebody referencing the article as one from Fox News above. I was merely trying to help when i first scrolled through (obviously before i decided to answer and such), that's all.

I also never said that something being reported on Fox meant it was automatically flawed. I merely said to have low expectations because - like you say yourself - they are not the best at reporting accurately.

Sorry, I don't understand your train of thought of at all. But it's okay. No biggie.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    did they ask whom they would want to sleep with or have a relationship with. suspect they maybe different answers
  • shankasaurus
    Options
    when was Dane Cook ever funny?

Argh, foiled again by logic.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    did they ask whom they would want to sleep with or have a relationship with. suspect they maybe different answers

How funny. Why would a 6-pack = better sex?
  • shankasaurus
    Options

Maybe they taste better.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options

not better sex just more sexual attraction.

although one could probably make an arguement, simply from a mechanical perspective, that a strong core on a man could make for better sex
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Ryan Reynolds > Dane Cook.
    seriously.

Also
    Stephen Amell? WINNING

although one could probably make an argument, simply from a mechanical perspective, that a strong core on a man could make for better sex

I'd be all over my BF if he had a better body. seriously.

I think this all sounds perfectly reasonable. And I think the quotes below are the reason.

"But while they may admire the actor's physique as James Bond, it seems they wouldn't want to date such a muscular man in real life."

"Most women worry about their bodies, so we know the hard work and dedication that goes into getting a buff, toned body."

A man with a perfect body has probably restricted his diet and alcohol intake and spends hours in the gym. All this suggests he's not going to be much fun as a partner."

I am not suggesting that every man, or even any man, with a 6-pack is not fun!! But a six pack doesn't doesn't come easy and women know it. I think the assumption that a guy with a little more fat = more fun on a day-to-day basis is not uncommon.

I call bullocks on the bolded one.

Only because of how constant the "I don't want to get bulky" comments from women- that they have ZIPPO clue how much work it takes to get there.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Does this mean guys with 6-packs are having a hard time getting dates??? Because I am willing to take one for the team ladies!

Yes
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Tell me lies tell me sweet little lies . . .

Though I thoroughly agee with the insecurity statements made. Kind of like loving the way a muscle car looks but not being able to handle the way it drives.

Just have to say thanks because now this song is totally stuck in my head!
  • shankasaurus
    Options
    Does this mean guys with 6-packs are having a hard time getting dates??? Because I am willing to take one for the team ladies!

Yes

I've just found a questionable study that I am interpreting to mean men like curvy women for short term flings. Anyone want to test it's validity?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/8002283/Men-look-at-bodies-not-faces-when-picking-date.html

Edited: I have to constantly fix typos cause I get too excited and type faster than I should. :)
  • in_lieu_of
    in_lieu_of Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I met my husband when he was super skinny, married him when he was overweight with a belly, and happily married to him 8 years later with his 4 pack (he's working on it). I love the cut look on the man I love. I'm just saying...
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

although one could probably make an arguement, simply from a mechanical perspective, that a strong core on a man could make for better sex

Even if that were true, a 6-pack is not necessary for a strong core.

But serious question - why do you think the women in the survey would pick the guys they found less sexually attractive to be in a relationship with? Long term vs. short term relationship? Something along the lines of: "Yeah, the guy with the abs would be nice for a quick roll in the hay, but I wouldn't want to hang out with him"?
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I think women might associate arrogance with a 6 pack, which is a turn off for some - as I think that would explain many of the answers.

Not true... hopefully?

I wouldn't know, I don't know many guys with 6 packs

@Shankasauraus... good of you to take one for the team - a full report on this arrogance question would be appreciated.
  • MityMax96
    Options

Yes

I've just found a questionable study that I am interpreting to mean men like curvy women for short term flings. Anyone want to test it's validity?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/8002283/Men-look-at-bodies-not-faces-when-picking-date.html

Edited: I have to constantly fix typos cause I get too excited and type faster than I should. :)

For me personally,
    She doesn't have to have a stage ready body....
    While I am fascinated by a woman who is stage ready.....knowing the work they have put into it....and think them pretty sexy looking....
    To me, I find myself more attracted to women who have some BF on them....say ~25% or so....????

Oh, asian helps to....
  • MityMax96
    Options
    I think women might associate arrogance with a 6 pack, which is a turn off for some - as I think that would explain many of the answers.

Not true... hopefully?

I wouldn't know, I don't know many guys with 6 packs

I don't think I am arrogant.....
    But that is up to people who know me to decide I guess