Women prefer bellies over 6-packs

Options

Replies

• ILuvCupcakesNLifting87
    Options
    That's why if you find a guy that was a previous chubby guy you get the best of both worlds! Banging body chubby guy personality equals WINNING.
  • raisealittlehell
    raisealittlehell Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    "Well yes let me conduct a random survey and get enough people to support my own opinions".- basically what that survey did.

In real life however, everyone is attracted to different things. Personally I think 6 packs are pretty spectacular, but I wouldn't not find a guy attractive because he didn't have one.

While looks are an initial hook- if your as a**hole doesn't matter if your fit or not.

Moral of the story- don't be an a**hole :laugh:
  • Lazygal53
    Lazygal53 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Does this work in reverse? I'm a girl with a 6-pack (okay, more like a 4-pack, but whatevs); does this mean my personality automatically sucks, I'm obsessive, I cheat, and I don't make time for my family? :huh:

Yes, it does. However it is not about a 6 pack for women more so than being very beautiful.

Very beautiful women tend to be very lonely.

I just knew that was my problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for clearing that up for me ... phew!
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    All I know is.....the original attraction is physical, when you meet face-to-face. You're either interested or you're not. Whatever your personal criteria. I HOPE I don't need a 6 pack to find the girl of my dreams. If that were a prerequisite, she wouldn't be my ideal because I wouldn't have long-term interest in someone so superficial.
    It's been said that the soil of the heart is stonier. My belief is that if she's worth her salt, she's worth the effort to dig through the stones. It takes work to get to the rich soil. And if all you see is the outward appearance, you're potentially missing a heart of gold. Which, to me, far and away outweighs any exterior aesthetics.

My $.02
    YMMV
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    They must have surveyed me too because I'm in agreement. :drinker:
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I think women might associate arrogance with a 6 pack, which is a turn off for some - as I think that would explain many of the answers.

Not true... hopefully?

I wouldn't know, I don't know many guys with 6 packs

I don't think I am arrogant.....
    But that is up to people who know me to decide I guess

Confidence is attractive, I think arrogance is having the expectation that life, or ladies, will fall into line because of appearance. I've only had a few encounters with this IRL, as I think (hope?) this is a rare attitude.

If you don't think you're arrogant, you're probably not.
  • no_russian
    no_russian Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    My gf thought so too, until my abs started coming in.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I think women might associate arrogance with a 6 pack, which is a turn off for some - as I think that would explain many of the answers.

Not true... hopefully?

Confidence is attractive, I think arrogance is having the expectation that life, or ladies, will fall into line because of appearance. I've only had a few encounters with this IRL, as I think (hope?) this is a rare attitude.

ah yes....confidence...
    Definitely an area I need to work on.....which really sux
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    The OP referenced "big bellies" and "beer bellies", not just undefined / non-6 pack stomachs. If you have a big gut hanging down over your belt line, I would suggest that there are health problems on the horizon for you...

It would increase risk of disease. But so do a lot of other things that have absolutely nothing to do with waist circumference or weight. A man with a beer belly could have just as much muscle underneath as the man with a 6 pack. And they could have less disease risk factors than the man with the 6-pack.

And none of that will necessarily affect the fun and satisfaction one has in a relationship. There are no guarantees of health. I doubt many women would want to be with a man just because they thought he might have less risk of disease later. If so, they'd be asking for a complete medical history, including family history, before deciding who to date.

We can only rationally discuss the factors that are available - in this thread, it is about a man's physical fitness, based upon the presence of a beer belly. Speaking of / dreaming up other possible risk factors is pointless because they are unknowns and off point.

We do know that people who are obese have a higher risk of diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer, heart disease, etc. If a person has a big belly, they are generally not eating a healthy diet and not exercising enough. These are not exactly earth shattering or controversial observations, are they?
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Does this mean guys with 6-packs are having a hard time getting dates??? Because I am willing to take one for the team ladies!

Yes

i've had a beer belly and a six pack. made zero difference in my dating life. From what i can tell, its really all about game and the more stimulate a through conversation (note that this does not necessarily mean an intellectual conversation) the more attractive you will appear.

my problem is the more i'm attracted to a women, the less capable i am at having that conversation lol
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Does this mean guys with 6-packs are having a hard time getting dates??? Because I am willing to take one for the team ladies!

Yes

i've had a beer belly and a six pack. made zero difference in my dating life. From what i can tell, its really all about game and the more stimulate a through conversation (note that this does not necessarily mean an intellectual conversation) the more attractive you will appear.

my problem is the more i'm attracted to a women, the less capable i am at having that conversation lol

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    so true.....
    Same issue here
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    Even if that were true, a 6-pack is not necessary for a strong core.

oh really, what part of your body would it strengthen then?

doesn't matter anyway. The abs pull the pelvis an inch or two closer to the sterum... a motion some men use during sex lol
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Yes

Alcohol helps.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

Not true... hopefully?

ah yes....confidence...
    Definitely an area I need to work on.....which really sux

Then you, sir, are a hidden gem in the dating world. Women can teach a guy some confidence - as long as you're ok one on one with her.

If you can pass my sister test you're gold.

My sister at a bar. Guy walks up to her,
    Guy: I would offer to buy you a drink but I see you have one already.
    Sister: That's ok, you can reimburse me.
    Guy: Hahaha
    Sister: No, I'm serious.
    Guy walks away cuz he has nothing.

If you can come out swinging at that, you're good to go.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

doesn't matter anyway. The abs pull the pelvis an inch or two closer to the sterum... a motion some men use during sex lol

A six pack can be just a slim guy with no muscles and no fat.
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I read an interesting study about how women prefer fit men for a one night stand, but that they tend to think they are bad in relationships. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same for men.

Agreed!!
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    i dont even know why i'm posting in here, because what makes a woman happy is clearly unknown to me lol
  • Chalk_Slinger
    Options
    You CANNOT make women happy, No_Finish. Case closed.
  • MityMax96
    Options

Yes

Alcohol helps.

I don't drink
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options

A six pack can be just a slim guy with no muscles and no fat.

so skinny guys are bad at sex?

or your saying that merely having a six pack is no indication of conditioning or performance? some might see nice abs at a super low bf without lifiting a finger, others will be disappointed