Women prefer bellies over 6-packs

Options

Replies

• No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    You CANNOT make women happy, No_Finish. Case closed.

amen to that
  • Chalk_Slinger
    Options
    and now come the hateful comments (grabs his popcorn)
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I think women might associate arrogance with a 6 pack, which is a turn off for some - as I think that would explain many of the answers.

Not true... hopefully?

I wouldn't know, I don't know many guys with 6 packs

I don't think I am arrogant.....
    But that is up to people who know me to decide I guess

Confidence is attractive, I think arrogance is having the expectation that life, or ladies, will fall into line because of appearance. I've only had a few encounters with this IRL, as I think (hope?) this is a rare attitude.

If you don't think you're arrogant, you're probably not.

ah yes....confidence...
    Definitely an area I need to work on.....which really sux

Then you, sir, are a hidden gem in the dating world. Women can teach a guy some confidence - as long as you're ok one on one with her.

If you can pass my sister test you're gold.

My sister at a bar. Guy walks up to her,
    Guy: I would offer to buy you a drink but I see you have one already.
    Sister: That's ok, you can reimburse me.
    Guy: Hahaha
    Sister: No, I'm serious.
    Guy walks away cuz he has nothing.

If you can come out swinging at that, you're good to go.

LOL
    well I don't know if your sister and I would meet....
    I don't drink, so prolly wouldn't wind up in a bar....

Coffee shop, then yeah, deal.
    Cuz coffee is awesome
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Even if that were true, a 6-pack is not necessary for a strong core.

oh really, what part of your body would it strengthen then?

doesn't matter anyway. The abs pull the pelvis an inch or two closer to the sterum... a motion some men use during sex lol

A six pack can be just a slim guy with no muscles and no fat.

so skinny guys are bad at sex?

or your saying that merely having a six pack is no indication of conditioning or performance? some might see nice abs at a super low bf without lifiting a finger, others will be disappointed

How did you get to that from my statement. Anyways what I am saying is low bf fat people does not mean they know how to stroke.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    I think women might associate arrogance with a 6 pack, which is a turn off for some - as I think that would explain many of the answers.

Not true... hopefully?

Confidence is attractive, I think arrogance is having the expectation that life, or ladies, will fall into line because of appearance. I've only had a few encounters with this IRL, as I think (hope?) this is a rare attitude.

ah yes....confidence...

Then you, sir, are a hidden gem in the dating world. Women can teach a guy some confidence - as long as you're ok one on one with her.

first awful approach to someone who already has a drink. What are you trying to say about your sister?
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

first awful approach to someone who already has a drink. What are you trying to say about your sister?

My sister is amazingly awesome and hilarious.

That is what I'm saying.

The 'test' as I'm calling it, is not so much about the approach, but if you someone shoots your first attempt down, do you engage or give up? Can you pick yourself up and have fun with it?

For example, if he said - "shoot, I only have credit cards, but I have a taco bell gift card in my wallet I can give you."

Sold. He just created an opening an opportunity to determine compatibility over a drink.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm sure they do. But the reasons for that preference are all messed up. It's based solely on stereotypes.

It doesn't even mention that a lot of women feel insecure about themselves if their partner is fit.

Who can keep up with all this?

I know, women are such a PITA. Sorry!!!!! That's just..... that's just who we are.
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My gf thought so too, until my abs started coming in.
    winner.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

amen to that

Actually this is true. A woman must make herself happy. Relying on others for happiness is not the way to go about it.
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options

Not true... hopefully?

ah yes....confidence...

well, I don't have one yet. How bout you buy ME one, then the next round is on me?

Kidding, but I'm curious how this would play out.
  • Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Options

That sounds like the beginning of a negotiation..... Does the barter system apply. What if he offers to reimburse in live chickens....?
  • MityMax96
    Options

amen to that

Actually this is true. A woman must make herself happy. Relying on others for happiness is not the way to go about it.

This is extremely accurate.....
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Back in the day, I dated a guy with a 6-pack; he was good-looking, but I just wasn't as attracted to him. I ended up marrying the guy with the love handles, which is now a belly. I do worry about his health, but we live in New England, heating oil is expensive, and I have to admit, the guy with the belly is kind of cuddly and warm. Also, I feel that he will always be satisfied with my body, even if it isn't perfect because he isn't perfect, either. My husband also always had a great sense of humor, which the other guy lacked. We've been together 30+ years -- and have gone through better and worse in terms of health, family issues, etc.

Attraction is almost impossible to explain and defies mere physical characteristics. I have found that when I was in situations where people didn't know me or that I was married, the males who were attracted to me were a similar type to my husband. I had been in a social situation several times with someone I was attracted to and couldn't understand why -- then I looked at an old picture of my husband and I -- the guy looked almost like my husband in his younger days. It does make one wonder whether some folks are destined to be with a certain kind of partner.
  • MityMax96
    Options

That is what I'm saying.

The 'test' as I'm calling it, is not so much about the approach, but if you someone shoots your first attempt down, do you engage or give up? Can you pick yourself up and have fun with it?

For example, if he said - "shoot, I only have credit cards, but I have a taco bell gift card in my wallet I can give you."

Sold. He just created an opening an opportunity to determine compatibility over a drink.

Good to know
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/26446041/women-prefer-men-with-big-bellies
    A new study says women prefer men with big bellies.

Three out of four women say they'd rather have a man with love handles than a six pack. Almost 100 percent of the women surveyed said men with beer bellies have better personalities than those with a good body.

They also say guys in shape prioritize the gym over spending quality time with their significant others.

The British survey was carried out to mark the DVD release of the film "Bad Neighbors", which pits buff college boy Zac Efron against family man, Seth Rogan.

3 out of 4....
    bellies over 6-pack
    Ohnoes that leaves only 1.25 billion women in the possible dating pool. What ever will these poor 6-pack men do?
  • yopeeps025
    Options

That is what I'm saying.

So the test is get rejected and see what happens? See if you're persistent? LOL
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    well, I don't have one yet. How bout you buy ME one, then the next round is on me?

Kidding, but I'm curious how this would play out.

Borderline arrogant response depending on delivery.

If it was my sister? She'd have another right there for you that would require another witty response. You have to be willing to engage in conversation.

My sisters are tough. Beautiful, smart, witty and taken - if you can engage with them you need confidence in spades. Which is what I was trying to drive at.
  • nursedb
    nursedb Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have dated all different kinds of body types from six pack ab guy to beer belly man. I prefer a belly over six pack any day. And since I have some body issues myself I'm sure deep down that may be a slight reason for my preference. I'm super attracted to my bf I have now and he has a huge belly but has power lifter arms and is very active. If I could get him to stop drinking beer and eating crap I might be able to help him get healthier but I LOVE the belly!
  • MityMax96
    Options

That is what I'm saying.

So the test is get rejected and see what happens? See if you're persistent? LOL

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I got shot down a couple times by a girl....
    So I took the hint.....
    moving on.