Replies

• _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Oh, I love a guy with a nice stomach.

stomach-picture-low-acid.jpg

*swoon* so sexy.

Ooh, them gastric folds :love:

And that pyloric sphincter? Oh yeah. That gets me going.

Dat Fundus

That is also sexy. But I think we can both agree that the duodenum is the sexiest part! :love: :love: :love:

that stomach has a greater curvature than mine :sad:
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    From someone with first hand experience in both ends of this study... It's not accurate... At all... Not even one little bit.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Study is BS unless it's based on skinny guy 6 packs
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it is completely unbelievable that a woman would like a bigger guy.

amirite?
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I've never dated a guy with a six pack. Nope. Just guys with bellies. But....I wouldn't say no if he was fun to talk to and knew popsicle jokes.

I don't think a six pack is important.

Unless you guys with six packs come with ninja skills I never heard about...
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I just like a guy that is fun in bed in the ways I like.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I just like a guy that is fun in bed in the ways I like.

Fat guys try harder in bed
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    on the hind sight, i would prefer women with softer look than too ripped. maybe some women indeed prefer not too ripped
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I :heart: all the menz.

This.
    I also agree with the duodenum lovers. 'Specially a guy who can pronounce it.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Belly no belly, abs, no abs, never bothered me, I find that I'm attracted to mostly guys with hot sexy abs but my husband when we met he had no belly at all he does now, after 11 years lol.
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I like guys with bellies because they are less likely to cheat on me or leave me for someone who is fit.

You'd be shocked. Any person- not just man, it goes for women, too, fit or morbidly obese, drop dead gorgeous, or ugly as sin, it's all about the person you're dating/married to. If it's in them, the position is right, temptation presents itself, ect, they'll cheat regardless of looks or how YOU look.

I recall a private investigator saying he could predict whether a guy was cheating based on whether the "other woman" had longer hair than the spouse.
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Ok, I think a bit of a reality check is due. Several, many...(most?) women on here have stated that they have dated a guy with a six pack...really? A guy can start to develop abs at say 15%...very blurry. At 10% many guys can have a pretty solid 4 pack, but a 6 pack usually (key word here guys, always exceptions) takes a guy at or below 7%BF. I know this because I compete against these guys.

Now how many 7% or lower guys are walking around? Well, naturally, if they are clothed, you can't tell. But I recently return from a 3 week trip to Hawaii. I visited 4 island and most of the major beaches. So I saw thousands of guys without shirts on and I can easily count on two hands the guys that had a legit six pack. In the past few years I've traveled throughout asia, including the popular beaches of Thailand. Again, seldom see guys with six packs. And my home station is Florida...again, on any given day at the beach you may, and I stress may see a guy or two with a legit six pack on a very crowded beach.

So when I read these posts where these ladies are saying they've dated guys with six packs, I'm very skeptical. Sure you may have dated a guy without a beer belly, very lean but a true blue six pack?

And to add to that, a guy that has a six pack is either genetically a freak or works out a LOT or could be rather skinning of course. If he is one of the first two, he probably is dating a lady equal to his own level of fitness. You can draw the obvious second conclusion I have from this observation.

And as a caveat, this is my own observations.
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,470 Member
    Options
    Having had a quick look at the link...
    "Three out of four women say they'd rather have a man with love handles than a six pack."
    - Hmm ok...fair enough
    "Almost 100 percent of the women surveyed said men with beer bellies have better personalities than those with a good body"
    - Awww come on!?!?! survey credibility just went out the window........
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    Ok, I think a bit of a reality check is due. Several, many...(most?) women on here have stated that they have dated a guy with a six pack...really? A guy can start to develop abs at say 15%...very blurry. At 10% many guys can have a pretty solid 4 pack, but a 6 pack usually (key word here guys, always exceptions) takes a guy at or below 7%BF. I know this because I compete against these guys.

Now how many 7% or lower guys are walking around? Well, naturally, if they are clothed, you can't tell. But I recently return from a 3 week trip to Hawaii. I visited 4 island and most of the major beaches. So I saw thousands of guys without shirts on and I can easily count on two hands the guys that had a legit six pack. In the past few years I've traveled throughout asia, including the popular beaches of Thailand. Again, seldom see guys with six packs. And my home station is Florida...again, on any given day at the beach you may, and I stress may see a guy or two with a legit six pack on a very crowded beach.

So when I read these posts where these ladies are saying they've dated guys with six packs, I'm very skeptical. Sure you may have dated a guy without a beer belly, very lean but a true blue six pack?

And to add to that, a guy that has a six pack is either genetically a freak or works out a LOT or could be rather skinning of course. If he is one of the first two, he probably is dating a lady equal to his own level of fitness. You can draw the obvious second conclusion I have from this observation.

And as a caveat, this is my own observations.
    You do realize people use the term "six pack" to describe anyone with somewhat visible abs and rarely is it used literally to mean the person has all 6 abs visible. Though I have never been lean enough to expose all 6 of my abdominal muscles, people say I have a six pack all the time. You're kind of arguing semantics and missing the point. You could replace the word 6 pack with "relatively low body fat" in the article and it would have the same message. It just doesn't sound as nice. The average people who were polled in this study probably don't have as strict a definition of what it means to have a 6 pack as a competitive bodybuilder does.
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    You do realize people use the term "six pack" to describe anyone with somewhat visible abs and rarely is it used literally to mean the person has all 6 abs visible. Though I have never been lean enough to expose all 6 of my abdominal muscles, people say I have a six pack all the time. You're kind of arguing semantics and missing the point. You could replace the word 6 pack with "relatively low body fat" in the article and it would have the same message. It just doesn't sound as nice. The average people who were polled in this study probably don't have as strict a definition of what it means to have a 6 pack as a competitive bodybuilder does.

True. Point well taken.

True blue six packs are like unicorns...often talked about but seldom seen.
  • burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to even to attempt to read any of the previous posts.
    Personal experience is.....wait for it....hell no!!!!
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Weeeell I get it, I guess it just goes along with the stereotype that muscular/in-shape men are vain meat-heads. Also, I know a lot of women just feel more comfortable w/their flaws or body insecurities when their partner appears to be dealing w/the same things. My boyfriend has a belly which I have no problem with, but if I were given a survey, I would say I 'prefer' six packs aesthetically.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I've never had a partner with a six pack until now. I'd say his lack of douchiness is the more attractive quality.
  • Mikel423
    Mikel423 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    @Whitney

Best post ever! Haha
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    @Whitney

Best post ever! Haha

It's funny 'cause it's true ;)