"NO FAT CHICKS" Bumper Stickers

Options

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I think the correct term is "African American" and not "Black People" :) Live and let live. Just remember, all police officers my not be slender. Karma's a ":^%! :)

i strongly prefer "black people". not even kidding.
  • bethanimal4
    bethanimal4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    well, you figure they have a warning label on just about everything now-a-days...

tumblr_inline_mhj5tqdy8Z1qz4rgp.gif

haha perfect
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Wait. This thing went from "No Fat Chicks" bumper stickers to Obama to reverse discrimination by the 3rd page? This thread needs a round of shots or at least some medical herb.

it's a MFP MIRACLE!
  • HamptonPhoenix
    HamptonPhoenix Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mtre3vS4mB1rvn896o1_500.gif
  • fwhittaker
    fwhittaker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm just saying its exactly the same as any group - "disabled people", "black people", "asians", "midgets", etc. These groups experience discrimination. There would be a major reaction if there were stickers referring to such groups. Fat people experience discrimination too, so similar logic.

Never! Never call a dwarf a midget. They get highly offended by that. My cousin is a dwarf. ***Just a tip here.

Do the sticker's bother me? No because it's like that other poster said " Shows me who to avoid".
    If my husband could find a sticker that said "Feed a skinny b---- a cheeseburger" He would have that on his car. Yes I know he's an idiot. LOL
    That's why I said "midget". It's offensive. And "black people" to some people on here. That's the point.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Wait. This thing went from "No Fat Chicks" bumper stickers to Obama to reverse discrimination by the 3rd page? This thread needs a round of shots or at least some medical herb.
    So just you know, I blame Obama.

I blame David Cameron.
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Anyone been lucky enough to see one of these on the back of some *kitten*'s car? Makes me want to take a sledgehammer to it.

Imagine if there was a similar sticker referring to another group based on appearance. I can think of a few examples that would not be legal. These should be illegal too I reckon.

By the time I got to page 4 I forgot what the original post was about (kinda like whispering the same sentence down a row of 100 people and having something completely different said at the end).

Have I seen one of these bumper stickers? No, I haven't. That being said...even though I'm just under 300 lbs (morbidly obese) I wouldn't mind seeing one. Would I be offended? It would probably "sting" a little, yes...but...I'm thankful to be living in a country where almost anything can be put on a bumper sticker and it's perfectly legal. Well...thus far, anyway....we shall see what the future holds. =)
  • lizzybathory
    Options
    tumblr_mtre3vS4mB1rvn896o1_500.gif
    giphy.gif
  • nebraskadan
    Options
    Midgets can't grow. People can't change color. But we can all lose weight. Problem solved!
  • mtyler7718
    Options
    Anyone been lucky enough to see one of these on the back of some *kitten*'s car? Makes me want to take a sledgehammer to it.

Imagine if there was a similar sticker referring to another group based on appearance. I can think of a few examples that would not be legal. These should be illegal too I reckon.

I look at it this way--anyone that would be so narrow minded and nasty to actually put that crap on his/her car is someone whose mentality is far beneath me--someone I would avoid at all costs. I'm glad they've identified themselves for me. Saves time. :laugh:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I think the correct term is "African American" and not "Black People" :) Live and let live. Just remember, all police officers my not be slender. Karma's a ":^%! :)

I prefer to call myself "pigmently challenged," though I have been known to respond to the occasional, "hey you, you're not from around here, are you?" I do, however, draw the line at banjo music.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options

I prefer to be called Northwestern European American myself. I find it offensive that people refer to me as "white". I am more than just my skin color, damnit!
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    No group should be "protected" and that goes for race, weight, gender, ANYTHING. "Protected" classes = reverse discrimination. There's nothing more "wrong" than being a normal, straight, white male in this country. It's sad. Are the bumper stickers stupid? Yeah. But it shouldn't be illegal to speak your mind and apparently he doesn't like fat girls.

And the Civil Rights Movement was just a big to-do about some angry lady on a bus. Gotcha.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

it's a MFP MIRACLE!

tumblr_lwrz4bljoc1qi9nyqo1_250_zps88549059.gif
  • fwhittaker
    fwhittaker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Add: it's tempting to make "prefers fat boys" bumperstickers to anonymously add-on to the displays of the "no fat chicks" bumpersticker crowd.
    LOL
  • erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have bigger things to worry about in life than a bumper sticker, now I'm jealous that all you have to worry about are those.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Actions have consequences.

I'd bet cars with truck nuts or "no fat chicks" stickers get keyed more often than cars without.

Absolutely. A guy in my complex has his lifted-up d-bag truck all decked out with some rather nasty bumper stickers, gun rack, flag, etc., and now parks his car two blocks over because it kept getting vandalized in our family-friendly complex. Not saying it's okay to vandalize someone else's property, but I don't really have any sympathy for the guy either.

Inflammatory bumper stickers are a form of trolling. If you put out bait, you gotta expect to get a bite once in awhile.

Let me see if I get this right...

I don't have the right to put tasteless bumper stickers on my vehicle, but you have the right to deface and vandalize my private property if I do it anyways.

You do have a right to put tasteless bumper stickers on your vehicle, and I don't want to deface or vandalize your private property--but other people do, and so IT HAPPENS.

If you put inflammatory things on your car you have to expect that someone somewhere with low self-control is going to get pissed off and retaliate.

I almost got attacked by a RWNJ just for having an Obama/Biden sticker on my car (But he backed down when I failed to flee his fist-lead charge. Thank you Aikido...).

And even if you are far-right in your politics, you have to admit the guy had to be a nut-job to fly into a fist-flailing rage at the sight of a mere campaign bumper-sticker with no more than the names of politicians on it.
  • DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Did you notice that you called straight white men "normal"? What does that make everyone else? When people use the word "privilege", that's exactly what they mean.

I'm not supporting an opinion one way or another. But, you did not read and interpret what she said correctly.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Make it illegal? Isn't there enough laws where you live? Who really cares? Sledgehammering a car might be fun just the act of it I suppose, but to do it to someone's car because of a bumper sticker is signs of mental dehydration.

*Edit for IBTL
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    So unbelievably true that. The airwaves have been so much quieter since the right-wing fever swaps of Fox News, World Net Daily, Rush Limbaugh et al were shut down by that black guy so he could be elected twice.

Huh? What does that have to do with anything? If I don't like Obama's policies (and I don't) does that make me automatically a racist? I also did not like W. Does that make me racist against whites? Can one not disagree with someone, or a mindset or what have you without it being racist?

P.S: I'm a South American Jew so if you don't agree with me you are a racist anti-semite.
    I could give you a long winded explanation on why removing a quote from its context is nothing short of intellectual dishonesty, but I will save that because I'm have lulz of my life that you have decided to defend yourself from a perceived attack of a racism.
This discussion has been closed.