"NO FAT CHICKS" Bumper Stickers

Options

Replies

• RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I don't see why it is wrong to be against chicken obesity. I get the Foul Acceptance movement is meant to be a good thing, but chickens are dying daily out there and I think that is more important than protecting the feelings of overweight chicks.

I think it's an animal rights issue. Did you know that chickens have less rights than cows and pigs in the way that they are treated? I know this because I saw a documentary once on netflix. I think that eating animals and animal products should also be illegal.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Makes me want to get a bumper sticker that says "no douchbags"
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I think the correct term is "African American" and not "Black People" :) Live and let live. Just remember, all police officers my not be slender. Karma's a ":^%! :)

i strongly prefer "black people". not even kidding.

As a white guy, can I also prefer "black people"? I mean, I fine with defining as white.

As a non-native speaker of English I am curious to know what you call black people living legally ( I am pointing this out, because I am tired of people telling me " call them illegals " ) in the US who are not Americans ?
    If " black People " is not correct, what is ?

Sounds like 'illegal' trumps 'black'. I guess because illegal aliens don't have legal US status, sooo....yeah.
    This is turning hella complicated :laugh:

But I am not speaking of anyone illegal and made my remark because too many US citizens automatically assume that blacks from Africa or the Caribbean are automatically illegal, while the majority are actually not. They are often legal residents of the US, but are not African Americans as so many assume without thinking. So, what are they called, in case I have to be PC one day.....:o).... ?
    I used to work with a group of people in Haiti who previously had lived/worked in the US, but returned after the earthquake and they complained that so many in the US automatically assumed they were illegal when they heard they were not African Americans.

Yes. I know exactly what you mean.
    <<<< West Indian.

As a teen and young adult, I would go for a job interview and all would be well until they I got to the office. My first and last name is very very Italian. So when I got there, I was not what they expected.

Without fail, I would be asked if I could work legally in this country. :huh: I had no accent other than that of a girl from Queens and could'nt figure out why they would assume I wasn't in this country legally.

I would be asked to produce my green card & each time, it would be scrutinized because I don't think they ever saw one before. Most people were quite perplexed by it. Or maybe it was my ability to produce it :sick: I dunno. I never did understand. Shrug.

I think it's just out of ignorance.

edited to add: by the way, I'm not black :laugh:

Just be thankful that you're not a white male. The discrimination and persecution they have faced since affirmative action is downright atrocious.

I can confirm. I get far more leeway than my white male husband does. He walks on eggshells and I say and do whatever I want with very little judgement. If he sneezes in a woman's direction it's considered a hostile sexual act.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Fat chicks, Obama, white man's privilege, fat chickens, illegals, truck testicles, social scientists, really long lists of random I don't know what because somebody doesn't think Whierd is funny, and is DavPul writing checks to white guys?

thread-delivers_zps175e777a.jpg
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I think the correct term is "African American" and not "Black People" :) Live and let live. Just remember, all police officers my not be slender. Karma's a ":^%! :)

i strongly prefer "black people". not even kidding.

As a white guy, can I also prefer "black people"? I mean, I fine with defining as white.

As a non-native speaker of English I am curious to know what you call black people living legally ( I am pointing this out, because I am tired of people telling me " call them illegals " ) in the US who are not Americans ?
    If " black People " is not correct, what is ?

Sounds like 'illegal' trumps 'black'. I guess because illegal aliens don't have legal US status, sooo....yeah.
    This is turning hella complicated :laugh:

But I am not speaking of anyone illegal and made my remark because too many US citizens automatically assume that blacks from Africa or the Caribbean are automatically illegal, while the majority are actually not. They are often legal residents of the US, but are not African Americans as so many assume without thinking. So, what are they called, in case I have to be PC one day.....:o).... ?
    I used to work with a group of people in Haiti who previously had lived/worked in the US, but returned after the earthquake and they complained that so many in the US automatically assumed they were illegal when they heard they were not African Americans.

Yes. I know exactly what you mean.
    <<<< West Indian.

As a teen and young adult, I would go for a job interview and all would be well until they I got to the office. My first and last name is very very Italian. So when I got there, I was not what they expected.

Without fail, I would be asked if I could work legally in this country. :huh: I had no accent other than that of a girl from Queens and could'nt figure out why they would assume I wasn't in this country legally.

I would be asked to produce my green card & each time, it would be scrutinized because I don't think they ever saw one before. Most people were quite perplexed by it. Or maybe it was my ability to produce it :sick: I dunno. I never did understand. Shrug.

I think it's just out of ignorance.

edited to add: by the way, I'm not black :laugh:

Just be thankful that you're not a white male. The discrimination and persecution they have faced since affirmative action is downright atrocious.

tumblr_m7cpobUE871qilbieo1_500.gif
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Wait a second...

I am a straight, white, middle class, male. I think this means I was born into priviledge

I need to know my privileges ASAP plz

Maybe trying to be funny ... but it's not working.

Here's a quick summary of some of your privileges, based on just one of the items on your list:

-If you have a bad day or are in a bad mood, people aren’t going to blame it on your sex
    -You can be careless with your money and not have people blame it on your sex
    -You can be a careless driver and not have people blame it on your sex
    -You can be confident that your coworkers won’t assume you were hired because of your sex
    -If you are never promoted, it isn’t because of your sex
    -You can expect to be paid equitably for the work you do, and not paid less because of your sex
    -If you are unable to succeed in your career, that won’t be seen as evidence against your sex in the workplace
    -A decision to hire you won’t be based on whether or not the employer assumes you will be having children in the near future
    -Work comfortably (or walk down a public street) without the fear of sexual harassment
    -Walk alone at night without the fear of being raped or otherwise harmed
    -Go on a date with a stranger without the fear of being raped
    -Dress how you want and not worry it will be used as a defense if you are raped
    -If you are straight, you are not likely to be abused by your partner, or to be told to continue living in an abusive household for your children
    -You can decide not to have children and not have your masculinity questioned
    -If you choose to have children, you will praised for caring for your children, instead of being expected to be the full-time caretaker
    -Balance a career and a family without being called selfish for not staying at home (or being constantly pressured to stay at home)
    -If you are straight and decide to have children with your partner, you can assume this will not affect your career
    -If you rise to prominence in an organization/role, no one will assume it is because you slept your way to the top
    -You can seek political office without having your sex be a part of your platform
    -You can seek political office without fear of your relationship with your children, or who you hire to take care of them, being scrutinized by the press
    -Most political representatives share your sex, particularly the higher-ups
    -You can ask for the “person in charge” and will likely be greeted by a member of your sex
    -As a child, you were able to find plenty of non-limiting, gender role stereotyped media to view
    -If you don’t spend much time on your appearance, you won’t have to worry about about being criticized at work or in social situations
    -You can spend time on your appearance without having people criticizing you for upholding unhealthy gender norms
    -If you’re not conventionally attractive (or in shape), you don’t have to worry as much about that negatively affecting your potential
    -You are not pressured by peers and society to be thin as much as the opposite sex
    -You’re not expected to spend excessive amounts of money on grooming, style, and appearance to fit in, while making less money than the opposite sex
    -Have promiscuous sex and be viewed positively for it
    -You can go to a car dealership or mechanic and assume you’ll get a fair deal and not be taken advantage of
    -Expressions and conventional language reflects your sex (e.g., mailman, “all men are created equal”)
    -Every major religion in the world is led by individuals of your sex
    -You can practice religion without subjugating yourself or thinking of yourself as less because of your sex
    -You are less likely to be interrupted than members of the opposite sex

(h/t http://itspronouncedmetrosexual.com/2012/11/30-examples-of-male-privilege/#sthash.mIRp814T.dpuf)

From a female, this is horsechit.

Inasdume you'll be telling us which parts aren't true on a sociatial level, and not just a "well that's not how people treat me/I don't adhere to these norms!" level
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Ironically, given White House initiatives on activity and nutrition, one could argue that Obama would not have a problem with the sticker.

Just food for thought o.O
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    As a social scientist and teacher, I could write a loooong post about the psychological harm done by hateful statements like the on the bumper sticker, a sociological examination of what it means that crap like that is sold, and an philosophical essay of how harm factors into decisions of what should be legal and illegal...

But nah. I'm gonna go watch a Sherlock rerun instead.

Provide an abstract and call it a day.

You dog the guy that is smart enough to explain why people act the way that they do, whereby portraying your own idiocy. funny part is, he knows why you are dogging him, and knows it is not your fault, so he forgives you.
  • DjinnMarie
    Options
    Wait a second...

I am a straight, white, middle class, male. I think this means I was born into priviledge

Here's a quick summary of some of your privileges, based on just one of the items on your list:

-If you have a bad day or are in a bad mood, people aren’t going to blame it on your sex
    -You can be confident that your coworkers won’t assume you were hired because of your sex
    -You can expect to be paid equitably for the work you do, and not paid less because of your sex
    -If you are unable to succeed in your career, that won’t be seen as evidence against your sex in the workplace
    -A decision to hire you won’t be based on whether or not the employer assumes you will be having children in the near future
    -Work comfortably (or walk down a public street) without the fear of sexual harassment
    -If you are straight, you are not likely to be abused by your partner, or to be told to continue living in an abusive household for your children
    -If you choose to have children, you will praised for caring for your children, instead of being expected to be the full-time caretaker
    -Balance a career and a family without being called selfish for not staying at home (or being constantly pressured to stay at home)
    -If you are straight and decide to have children with your partner, you can assume this will not affect your career
    -If you rise to prominence in an organization/role, no one will assume it is because you slept your way to the top
    -You can seek political office without having your sex be a part of your platform
    -You can seek political office without fear of your relationship with your children, or who you hire to take care of them, being scrutinized by the press
    -You can ask for the “person in charge” and will likely be greeted by a member of your sex
    -As a child, you were able to find plenty of non-limiting, gender role stereotyped media to view
    -If you don’t spend much time on your appearance, you won’t have to worry about about being criticized at work or in social situations
    -You can spend time on your appearance without having people criticizing you for upholding unhealthy gender norms
    -If you’re not conventionally attractive (or in shape), you don’t have to worry as much about that negatively affecting your potential
    -You are not pressured by peers and society to be thin as much as the opposite sex
    -You’re not expected to spend excessive amounts of money on grooming, style, and appearance to fit in, while making less money than the opposite sex
    -You can go to a car dealership or mechanic and assume you’ll get a fair deal and not be taken advantage of
    -Expressions and conventional language reflects your sex (e.g., mailman, “all men are created equal”)
    -You can practice religion without subjugating yourself or thinking of yourself as less because of your sex

(h/t http://itspronouncedmetrosexual.com/2012/11/30-examples-of-male-privilege/#sthash.mIRp814T.dpuf)

Inasdume you'll be telling us which parts aren't true on a sociatial level, and not just a "well that's not how people treat me/I don't adhere to these norms!" level

Ain't nobody got time for that. It's Friday night.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I think we need to get back on topic.

3606f656-6896-45b8-bcf2-24402e64397c_zps4878b4f6.jpg
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Wait a second...

They blame it on my cray
    Um...yes they do
    Aren't women considered better drivers?
    I was hired because of my sex. Women are rarely hired into construction related positions.
    Women don't get promoted?
    My company has pay grades and most women in non-factory positions get paid more than me.
    If a woman doesn't succeed, she can blame it on sexism
    That is a legitimate concern to a business owner.
    As a highly desirable male I deal with sexual harassment daily.
    As a man I could be jumped by degenerates, while walking alone, to prove their manhood.
    During my last first date I said no repeatedly and was forced.
    I'm fairly sure that is no longer a valid defense.
    I've been hit by women.
    Yes it is. Men are told all of the time that "they will want to have children in the future".
    Plenty of women give SAHMs grief for choosing to stay at home and not entering the workforce.
    See above.
    Of course it would.
    If I did it will likely be because I did just that.
    No, just my sexual preferences and relationships with the opposite sex scrutinized.
    I'm pretty sure that this is false.
    So?
    So?
    I don't understand this.
    My appearance is scrutinized daily.
    What?
    This is 100% false. Studies have shown that attractive people are promoted more.
    Yet that pressure is still there.
    Women are not pressured to do so either. Most women look fine with basic grooming.
    Who thinks a man *kitten* is a good thing?
    Those types try to take advantage of everyone.
    So?
    I'm atheist.
    See above.
    I get interrupted by women all of the time.

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Wait a second...

It is your black, female privilege that allows you to say this
  • Daiako
    Options
    Wait a second...

They blame it on my cray
    Um...yes they do
    I was hired because of my sex. Women are rarely hired into construction related positions.
    My company has pay grades and most women in non-factory positions get paid more than me.
    As a man I could be jumped by degenerates, while walking alone, to prove their manhood.
    I've been hit by women.
    Yes it is. Men are told all of the time that "they will want to have children in the future".
    Plenty of women give SAHMs grief for choosing to stay at home and not entering the workforce.
    See above.
    Of course it would.
    No, just my sexual preferences and relationships with the opposite sex scrutinized.
    So?
    So?
    I don't understand this.
    What?
    This is 100% false. Studies have shown that attractive people are promoted more.
    Women are not pressured to do so either. Most women look fine with basic grooming.
    So?
    I'm atheist.
    See above.

Also white privilege isn't real because some white people are poor.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    As a social scientist and teacher, I could write a loooong post about the psychological harm done by hateful statements like the on the bumper sticker, a sociological examination of what it means that crap like that is sold, and an philosophical essay of how harm factors into decisions of what should be legal and illegal...

You dog the guy that is smart enough to explain why people act the way that they do, whereby portraying your own idiocy. funny part is, he knows why you are dogging him, and knows it is not your fault, so he forgives you.

Wait, are you that guy who is "wise enough"? Oh please oh wise one, enlighten us all!

*sits and waits patiently for the aphorism*
  • Daiako
    Options
    Wait a second...

It is your black, female privilege that allows you to say this

I thought it was years of being pummeled with 'male privilege isn't real' 'white privilege isn't real' and the lame *kitten* reasoning people use to prove it that allowed me to say that.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    18e272baad6632bb287291223421d8fe517cf9a52cf29c50da14fa43d57b1b2f.jpg
  • DjinnMarie
    Options
    Wait a second...

They blame it on my cray
    Um...yes they do
    I've been hit by women.
    See above.
    Of course it would.
    So?
    So?
    I don't understand this.
    What?
    So?
    I'm atheist.
    See above.

It's not white privilege, it's majority privilege. It's just a fact of life. Try finding white privilege in South Africa or Japan. It doesn't exist.

Straight hair privilege pisses me off. Straight hair privilege is being able to walk into a store and easily finding a shampoo suitable for your hair, or finding a hairdresser who knows how to cut your hair type. Boob privilege is being able to find shirts that fit you correctly, or bathing suits outside of the girls section. Free boob jobs for all!!! Screw average boob privilege.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options

An abstract tends to preface/summarize a long essay, thesis, or disseration.
  • lizzybathory
    Options
    I think I was doing a pretty good job telling apart the sarcastic and the sincere replies, up until this last page or so.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Wait a second...

They blame it on my cray
    Um...yes they do
    I've been hit by women.
    See above.
    Of course it would.
    So?
    So?
    I don't understand this.
    What?
    So?
    I'm atheist.
    See above.

It's not white privilege, it's majority privilege. It's just a fact of life. Try finding white privilege in South Africa or Japan. It doesn't exist.

Straight hair privilege pisses me off. Straight hair privilege is being able to walk into a store and easily finding a shampoo suitable for your hair, or finding a hairdresser who knows how to cut your hair type. Boob privilege is being able to find shirts that fit you correctly, or bathing suits outside of the girls section. Free boob jobs for all!!! Screw average boob privilege.

Pfff, boob privilege...

(go go new profile pic)
This discussion has been closed.