"NO FAT CHICKS" Bumper Stickers

Options

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I sometimes feel sad, so I can't be privileged!
    One time, I went to an interview, and didn't get the job. They probably hated white people. I can't think of another explanation.

It probably went to the one token minority they were forced to hire before getting crushed by those draconian EEOC laws. 200 people at a company + 1 minority = total lack of Privilege because of affirmative action.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    One time, I went to an interview, and didn't get the job. They probably hated white people. I can't think of another explanation.

They totally hated white people, that is the only explanation! LOL :drinker:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

It probably went to the one token minority they were forced to hire before getting crushed by those draconian EEOC laws. 200 people at a company + 1 minority = total lack of Privilege because of affirmative action.

but but but but- forced diversity makes our group stronger!!!!!
  • DavPul
    Options
    This just in..." Bumper sticker sparks riot on MY Fitness Pal, many offended, many angry, many with valid points. Where do we go from here? To the weather report or maybe sports cuz that *kitten* changes all the time as well." It's a bumper sticker. Some people are *kitten* and some are nice and in between. Some people are racist some aren't some people are left handed others right handed, some are both. Everyone turned this into a racial war when all it was originally about was a dam bumper sticker. To the op.. I'm sure you have things you like and dislike. This guy just expresses his or is trying to be funny. Either way yes it's retarded. As for everyone else get over it. People have opinions and nothing you can do to change it so stop trying. You all have your arguments and comments and so does everyone else near or far away from you. That's life. A dam bumper sticker started a race war! Rediculous

WHY DO YOU FEEL IT'S OKAY TO DISPARAGE MENTALLY CHALLENGED PEOPLE?
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I think the correct term is "African American" and not "Black People" :) Live and let live. Just remember, all police officers my not be slender. Karma's a ":^%! :)

i strongly prefer "black people". not even kidding.

As a white guy, can I also prefer "black people"? I mean, I fine with defining as white.

As a non-native speaker of English I am curious to know what you call black people living legally ( I am pointing this out, because I am tired of people telling me " call them illegals " ) in the US who are not Americans ?
    If " black People " is not correct, what is ?

Sounds like 'illegal' trumps 'black'. I guess because illegal aliens don't have legal US status, sooo....yeah.
    This is turning hella complicated :laugh:

But I am not speaking of anyone illegal and made my remark because too many US citizens automatically assume that blacks from Africa or the Caribbean are automatically illegal, while the majority are actually not. They are often legal residents of the US, but are not African Americans as so many assume without thinking. So, what are they called, in case I have to be PC one day.....:o).... ?
    I used to work with a group of people in Haiti who previously had lived/worked in the US, but returned after the earthquake and they complained that so many in the US automatically assumed they were illegal when they heard they were not African Americans.
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Anyone been lucky enough to see one of these on the back of some *kitten*'s car? Makes me want to take a sledgehammer to it.

Imagine if there was a similar sticker referring to another group based on appearance. I can think of a few examples that would not be legal. These should be illegal too I reckon.

This is the logic that got Obama elected. Twice.

Its called freedom of speech. You can read about it in the US Constitution. While I personally think you are a turd if this is on your car, i also feel you shouldn't have your right to look like an idiot infringed upon...

Brilliant analysis of why Obama was elected twice. Stay classy, man.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I feel like fat chicks are being overlooked in this thread and their plight ignored. It's time for all the skinnies to check their privilege.

shame-cat.gif
  • DavPul
    Options

We even let them use the same bathrooms!

Sometimes.
  • lizzybathory
    Options

They totally hated white people, that is the only explanation! LOL :drinker:
    This is always happening to me! :cry:
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options

Being a minority is so awesome! That's why my husband's father told him to never tell anyone he's actually descended from tan skinned Mexicans and to always check the 'white' box.

Mmm privilege.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Some cars have stickers like that. If they're severely lowered, the sticker also says "Will scrape."

Cars that ride a couple of inches off the ground have very little load capacity.

Just sayin'.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Sometimes.

but we have to have a sign out to flip so they can use them all together and then we can use them- so you know- you don't cross pollinate germs and stuff.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Thread be lookin like the Bay of Pigs.
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    axp3iy.jpg
  • DavPul
    Options

Sometimes.

but we have to have a sign out to flip so they can use them all together and then we can use them- so you know- you don't cross pollinate germs and stuff.

TWINS!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Thread be lookin like the Bay of Pigs.

Needs air support
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Ah,yes yes, these stickers are quite popular in agricultural areas....you see, it is being taken out of context.

They are really referring to actual chicks and it may be related to some sort of Willie Nelson, Farm-Aid movement.

5244438015_143a69d196.jpg
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    I think the correct term is "African American" and not "Black People" :) Live and let live. Just remember, all police officers my not be slender. Karma's a ":^%! :)

i strongly prefer "black people". not even kidding.

As a white guy, can I also prefer "black people"? I mean, I fine with defining as white.

As a non-native speaker of English I am curious to know what you call black people living legally ( I am pointing this out, because I am tired of people telling me " call them illegals " ) in the US who are not Americans ?
    If " black People " is not correct, what is ?

Sounds like 'illegal' trumps 'black'. I guess because illegal aliens don't have legal US status, sooo....yeah.
    This is turning hella complicated :laugh:

But I am not speaking of anyone illegal and made my remark because too many US citizens automatically assume that blacks from Africa or the Caribbean are automatically illegal, while the majority are actually not. They are often legal residents of the US, but are not African Americans as so many assume without thinking. So, what are they called, in case I have to be PC one day.....:o).... ?
    I used to work with a group of people in Haiti who previously had lived/worked in the US, but returned after the earthquake and they complained that so many in the US automatically assumed they were illegal when they heard they were not African Americans.

Are you suggesting there is more to black people in America than African Americans?

I'm pretty sure that's too advanced a concept for your average American.
  • fwhittaker
    fwhittaker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean each group faced the same discrimination, just that they are all minority groups who face discrimination.

Look, I apologise if I've caused any offense. Obviously using the word illegal was definitely wrong and in Australia, freedom of speech is not as hot a topic so I was unaware my comments would create such a discussion.

Also, my experience with people with darker skin pigment has been with Aboriginals (who call themselves 'blackfellas' and white people 'whitefellas' - and obviously have faced vile discrimination but the term black I didn't think was an issue to) and in Africa where the terms black and white are used all the time.

Anyway, again - offense not intended. Just wanted to talk about the fat chicks sticker. Obviously used the wrong language.
This discussion has been closed.