"NO FAT CHICKS" Bumper Stickers

Options

Replies

• lizzybathory
    Options
    Did you notice that you called straight white men "normal"? What does that make everyone else? When people use the word "privilege", that's exactly what they mean.

I'm not supporting an opinion one way or another. But, you did not read and interpret what she said correctly.
    Mmm, I'm going to have to disagree with you there.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    WHEN WILL SOMEONE EXPLAIN HOW OBAMA GOT ELECTED TWICE?

are you guys not telling me because i'm black?
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    WHEN WILL SOMEONE EXPLAIN THE HOW OBAMA GOT ELECTED TWICE?

are you guys not telling me because i"m black?

iunno.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options

He used his Kenyan Muslim Atheist Real Father Malcolm X magic of course.

Ask Erik Rush.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

Is that a bumper sticker too?
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options

whitepeople.gif
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    WHEN WILL SOMEONE EXPLAIN HOW OBAMA GOT ELECTED TWICE?

are you guys not telling me because i'm black?

He obviously went to Gold Medal Astologist Baba Ji.
  • lizzybathory
    Options

whitepeople.gif
    giphy.gif
  • fwhittaker
    fwhittaker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This is hilarious.
  • DireWolfCurse
    DireWolfCurse Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm just saying its exactly the same as any group - "disabled people", "black people", "asians", "midgets", etc. These groups experience discrimination. There would be a major reaction if there were stickers referring to such groups. Fat people experience discrimination too, so similar logic.

But it's not the same thing as those, the above are all protected against discrimination by our pesky little government(& they should be).

I understand completely the point you're trying to make...I get it.

People experience discrimination for a lot of different things...you can't make them all illegal.

I agree that it shouldn't be illegal. I'm fat, but I made myself fat. Being black, disabled, deaf, blind, handicapped in any way, or elderly - these are things that people can't choose or change. I am against any form of censorship, no matter what, despite whether or not I agree with the message.

That said, the OP is entitled to her opinion as well.
  • DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Did you notice that you called straight white men "normal"? What does that make everyone else? When people use the word "privilege", that's exactly what they mean.

I'm not supporting an opinion one way or another. But, you did not read and interpret what she said correctly.

Since this "normal" refers to another, unspecified criteria and NOT being white, or male as they were already mentioned., you can disagree all you like, but you'd be wrong.

That isn't to say that she isn't improperly labeling some other criteria as "not normal".
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    It can be offensive, but it is very literal. Those are usually posted on lowered hondas or toyotas, where their muffler pipe is 1-2" off the ground. If a heavy "person" gets in, the car drops to the ground, whereby making it scrape on the asphalt when they go through an intersection or over a speed hump.

I personally am not hip with it....so I don't know. I hate lowered cars altogether. I have a friend who's son's car is lowered. A bunny rabbit took the oil pan out. A bunny rabbit.
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    2zq8v28.jpg
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I believe that any sort of pejorative stickers against bbws is wrong... Not everyone can be or should be stick thin...

Beauty comes in many different forms -- not just the stupid Barbie Doll images that are portrayed in television and other forms of mass media... At least the mass media of the US.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Since this "normal" refers to another, unspecified criteria and NOT being white, or male as they were already mentioned., you can disagree all you like, but you'd be wrong.

That isn't to say that she isn't improperly labeling some other criteria as "not normal".

LOLOLOL. That's cute
  • lizzybathory
    Options

You don't find the grouping of 'normal' along with white and male a little telling? I know this reverse-racism, reverse-sexism rhetoric too well to give anyone the benefit of the doubt with that grouping.

EDIT: Had she compared "normal white men" to "abnormal white men" I would totally see your point, but I really don't think it applies here. Normal here is just another quality that these poor white men have in addition to being white and male. But I'm done diagramming sentences because it's a ****ty position either way.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    i cannot stand the term "reverse-racism"

it's either racist or it isn't.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I think the correct term is "African American" and not "Black People" :) Live and let live. Just remember, all police officers my not be slender. Karma's a ":^%! :)

i strongly prefer "black people". not even kidding.

In Trinidad, we were Dougla & Coolie.
    In the US, no one makes those distinctions.

When I got married, my new in laws had just walked into the hall and got a good look at my family & extended family for the first time.

new FIL: who are all these black people?
    Me: what black people?

:laugh:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

You don't find the grouping of 'normal' along with white and male a little telling? I know this reverse-racism, reverse-sexism rhetoric too well to give anyone the benefit of the doubt with that grouping.

In any event, I'm highly offended that he left out "abnormal" white, heterosexual, right handed males with entirely too much time on their hands.
  • DireWolfCurse
    DireWolfCurse Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It can be offensive, but it is very literal. Those are usually posted on lowered hondas or toyotas, where their muffler pipe is 1-2" off the ground. If a heavy "person" gets in, the car drops to the ground, whereby making it scrape on the asphalt when they go through an intersection or over a speed hump.

Do you mean the lowered hondas with the "balls"? lol
This discussion has been closed.