Anyone starting Turbo Fire in January?

Options

Replies

• Kanakake
    Kanakake Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well I am into day 3 of the inferno plan and todays workout was TF 55 EZ and it was easier the second time around since I was more familer with the moves. I feel like such a dork though because at the end of a fire drill when someone looks into the camera and says "good job" or something else encouraging I find myself talking back to them saying "thank you, you did good too". Well lets hope I can stick to todays meal plan.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    TOM has reared it's ugly head therefore I'm not feeling 100% today which means this will be a quick post. Today I completed the Fire 30, Abs 10 and Stretch 10 dvds from the Turbo Fire program. Once again the moves took a little bit to get adjusted to but if I didn't catch on quick enough I just improvised by doing a move that was very similar.

Kanakake: Hey whatever motivates you, so, talk back to the tv.....I love it.

Coach: Great job w/rocking out week 1....nothing but success over the next 11 weeks.
  • Debx12345
    Debx12345 Posts: 210
    Options
    Do you guys all stick religiously to the plan, I got it today, but not sure I want to do it everyday, I like to To go the gym and do other stuff as well, but can't do it all each day, wouldn't have time to slob out. Lol
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Did any of you guys follow the nutrition plan, and your calorie estimation for turbo fire, i keep losing the same 2 pounds and gaining them back, any help is much appreciated
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Do you guys all stick religiously to the plan, I got it today, but not sure I want to do it everyday, I like to To go the gym and do other stuff as well, but can't do it all each day, wouldn't have time to slob out. Lol

I have switched mine around to be only 5 days a week, I am still doing all the workouts recommended for the week, but I have doubled up some of the days ~ I know I won't workout on the weekends. Saturday is house cleaning (which is a workout in it's self) and Sundays is relax day with my Husband:happy:

Today was Core 20 and Stretch 40 ~ a bit slow, but I will admit it felt good! Tomorrow is Fire 30, HIIT 15 & Stretch 10 for me!

Keep pushing play ~ almost through week 1 already!:noway:
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Started Week 2 with TF 45 and have HIIT 20 tomorrow. I have decided I am going to stick to the 12 week plan as it is scheduled. I do these workouts in the morning before work. I go to the gym in the afternoon to lift weights and additional cardio. I am logging my food on MFP and really hoping to see some strong results. I just believe there is a reason for the schedule as it is laid out and I'm going to give it a chance to work.

It seems pretty obvious though if you can work out an hour to an hour and a half, 6 days a week for 12 weeks and keep a food journal you should see some results. That's what I'm hoping for. :smile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! A quick post prior to the start of my morning meeting. Today I completed the Fire 45 EZ dvd from the Turbo Fire program. This is another really good dvd but I struggled with some of the moves so I had to improvise but nonetheless I ROCKED THIS OUT and BURNED 536 calories in 45 minutes
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    Need help with amount of calories to eat for doing turbo fire, when i calculated it myself it gave me 1,213 is this too little , i'm 130 pounds is this too little for me?
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    TGIF!!

I did FIRE 30 and HIIT 15 this morning, was running short on time since hubby is sick and I had to take care of his morning chores also. I'm finally get the moves down!! Well, in my opinion anyways, I'm sure to anyone watching, it's a flail-a-thon:laugh: :laugh:

I ordered new sneakers and can't wait to get them, my feet hurt more than anything else!

Great work everyone, have a great weekend!

Cookie22684, in one of the manuals there is a formula for figuring out how much you should eat, 1213 does sound really low, I think anyways.:flowerforyou:
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    I did use the calculations in the manual and this was what I came out with :sad:
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    going by memory here (oh no lol)

add zero to your weight (1300) and 20% to that (1,560) then add in your exercise calories (they showed an average of 650 in the book) so your total would be 2,210, subtract 500 from that to get your calories (1,710).

Also have you used the wizard on beach body?
    http://teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/meal-plans/diet-wizard
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    Yes I have, and my life right now is not active aside from turbo fire, so I used 10 percent instead of 20 percent, thanks again:flowerforyou:
  • Debx12345
    Options
    Guys need your help. I have turbo fire now, but why should I do 40 min sessions of stretching, when I could be doing serious calorie burns ? I know it's important to stretch before and after workouts, but why dedicate a full session to it. I'm limited on time so want to gets best calorie burn and workout in the time I have. Have posted this as a question already, but had no reply so thought I would ask you guys.
  • Debx12345
    Options
    Another question is are you co-ordinated enough to follow the routines ?? Does it matter sometimes if you sort of make it up. Lol. I found she was abit fast and I lost the plot, but figured as long as I was doing something like and working out it's ok.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon all and TGIF! I'm posting a bit late because I've been really busy with work and I'm suffering from a bad headache too. Quick post. Today I completed the Core 20 and the Stretch 40 dvds from the Chalean Extreme program. While the pace takes a lot to get use to since it's sooooo much slower than our normal workouts my body appreciated the "rest". Can not wait to climb in my bed and relax. It will definitely be a low-key weekend.

Debx: I'm going to try to follow the program as best I can because I figure Chalean designed it this way for a reason. Also, the more flexible/limber your body becomes through the stretching/yoga the better able you should be able to ROCK OUT the Fire and HIIT workouts plus your body does need to recover from all that intensity. I'm sure you'll do what works best for you and your schedule.

Btw, I improvise the routine if it's taking too long for me to catch on b/c your right some movement is better than none. It's really not about the choreography as much as intensity so if you have a move that is similar to what she's doing and you're able to rock it out then I say go for it.
  • Debx12345
    Options
    Guess your right on doing the whole program thing, wanted to just break myself in easy first by alternating it with a few other things I do.

So agree with the movements thing though, I get abit disheartened if I feel I can't follow all the fancy moves, but like you said as long as I'm jiggling along and burn cals that's the main thing.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Guess your right on doing the whole program thing, wanted to just break myself in easy first by alternating it with a few other things I do.

So agree with the movements thing though, I get abit disheartened if I feel I can't follow all the fancy moves, but like you said as long as I'm jiggling along and burn cals that's the main thing.

These programs don't always fit w/in everyone's schedule so you have to find what works best for you. When I completed the P90X program I never completed the 90 minutes of yoga b/c it was just too long but I would do stretch X or 30 minutes of yoga w/Denise Austin. When I got too bored with the schedule and didn't want to do the dvd I went to the gym and worked out. I just tried to replace the workout w/something similar but outside of the regular scheduled program.

Getting the choregraphed routine sure would be nice but having a great burn at the end of it all would be better so even if I'm doing jumping jacks or jumping rope I'm moving and I'm going HARD......keep jiggling it ms lady and you'll be fine.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Hi gang! Look at all the new people on FIYAH!!! For those of you questioning whether to follow the schedule to a T I will offer my opinion that Chalene designed the schedule to optimize your results. I completed the 20 week program (including the advanced workouts) and had great results from following the schedule as written...although I do admit to modifying Stretch 40 days and throwing in a Fire 30 or short HIIT to amp up the calorie burn.

Deb - don't worry about getting all the moves down from the get go. Any movement is better than none and you will catch on eventually. It took me a couple of attempts with each workout to get the movements down pat to the point where I could lose myself in the music and anticipate the next series. Just keep at it. I swear it gets easier the more times you do it!

Did Fire 60 today as day 4 of INSURBO. Burned 485 calories according to my Bodybugg!

Have a great day!
    Sharon
  • Debx12345
    Options
    Thanks guys for that, decided going to try to stick to the program as much as I can, doing the prep schedule first to see how I go on that, but if after a few weeks find it quite easy will switch to the hiit one. If on days I'm abit busy and can't fit in a full hour, then will at least do something else like turbo jam 20 mins (love that one). I also go the gym so don't want t stop going as I have paid up till June for it.

Thanks chicks again. X
    Deb
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Deb, if you are in decent shape already I would start with week 4 on the Turbo Prep. I completed the Prep program in December and have started Week 2 of the Turbo Fire program. I love the workout and I am a big dude (no chick). Sometimes I feel like I'm the only guy doing it but that's ok.

Today is my rest day, but I'm spending the weekend at the beach, so I couldn't resist a 30 minute jog on the beach to start my day and will be playing in the pool later this evening. Not a bad weekend. Sculpt 30 and HIIT 15 in the morning.