What can calisthenics do for you? Let me show you.

Options

Replies

• NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic...the results speak volumes. Well done on accomplishing something amazing!
  • WEB3
    WEB3 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    bump for info
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    That is just fantastic what you've acheived
  • jmp463
    jmp463 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Amazing - Great job!!
  • enzosmama
    enzosmama Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I take Barre classes 3x/week and we do some calisthenics, some isometric movements, and some stuff with very light weights (1lb yoga balls and 2-3 lb dumbells) I know I'm getting stronger, I'm definitely getting more flexible, and it feels great. I think some calisthenic circuits would be great for me to add to my "in between" barre days.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Great post
  • Lil40
    Lil40 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Reading your story has made me download the Kindle version of "Convict Conditioning" and I am in awe and in love and inspired lol! Everything that man says make so much sense to me that I will slowly over the cause of the next weeks transition from weights to bodyweight exercises.

I will also get "Pushing the limits" from Al K.

Thank you again for posting your story, it's completely resonated with me. And if (WHEN!) I do a one armed pull up next year I will think of you haha!..
  • Reddirtblacktopqueen
    Options
    Bump.
  • Tabbitha1968
    Tabbitha1968 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey when ever you get a chance take a look at this guy, he does calisthenics and you wont believe what you can train the body to do: http://www.thefrankmedrano.com/
    this is what im looking to do in addition to my walking.
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    you look really awesome!!
  • parsonsk64
    parsonsk64 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This is so encouraging! bump to read again.
  • mandymack14
    mandymack14 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hey when ever you get a chance take a look at this guy, he does calisthenics and you wont believe what you can train the body to do: http://www.thefrankmedrano.com/
    this is what im looking to do in addition to my walking.

What this guy can do with his body just blows my mind! And he's a vegan.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    And I bet that in the event you were Lois Lane and hanging from the side of a building - you could pull yourself up.

That's where I want to be. I want to be able to pull myself up - you see those movies where the heroine is hanging and waiting for the hero - I would last 2 seconds before falling now.

Congratulations on your success - you can tell your daughter is proud of you too, and she's lucky to have you as a role model in her life.
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely stunning! Congratulations and thank you for sharing :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • mimi1136
    Options
    BUMP - total inspiration!! i love my heavy weight lifting but I too would like to just kind of lift myself up off the kitchen counter by one arm or do some pull ups. I think after I finish this first couple of months of heavy weights I'll move into your routine. Thanks for the book recommendations too, always helps. Congrats and thanks for posting!
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! A dim greatly encouraged at how little skin you have to deal with! I'm inspired!! WTG!!
  • readthat
    Options
    Great results! I would definitely be interested in knowing about where you started with body weight/calisthenics. What did your beginner work outs look like?
  • Andrea4456
    Andrea4456 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on getting that definition! Great motivation for me to start adding more calisthenics. :)
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    What loose skin? You look great!

/agree :)
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I enjoy lifting and will keep it up, but it is very nice to see examples of other great approaches available to folks to meet their fitness and body composition goals. Tagging so I can share with others later when questions about fitness programs come up.

Fabulous work, OP! And great results!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!