What can calisthenics do for you? Let me show you.

Options

Replies

• Soapytime
    Soapytime Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later. I would love to be able to do parkour one of these days. :-)
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Great results! Not all workouts will work for everyone's goals and as a new lifter, it's really cool to see other alternatives. You look amazing!
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Great job. You look amazing. Congratulations on finding your passion.
  • Petersbrandy
    Petersbrandy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing. I have only recently discovered Al Kavadlo and I think this is the direction I will go but I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with coming up with a routine. I run a lot (mainly because I love it- not because I believe it is a superior workout) and have had a hard time enjoying strength training, with or without weights. But with results like these, how could I not enjoy?! Maybe I will just start with perfecting my push-up, squat and pull-up and build from there? BTW- I have lost 65 lbs (with 25-30 to go still) and I think I have more noticeable excess skin! Great work!
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • He1loKitty
    He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I love the "strong" look and OP, I don't see any loose skin on you! Congrats and you are an inspiration!
  • LoriA6724
    LoriA6724 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, congratulations on your transformation! I'm going to check out your suggested sites. Thank you so much for sharing this information.
  • rayray61
    rayray61 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good job, baby girl is so cute !!!!!!
  • MyIrishSpirit
    MyIrishSpirit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This is good news! After several years on and off the wagon I finally admitted to myself that I hate the gym and won't go, I hate everything cardio-centric and won't do it for more than a month, and I'm cheap so I won't buy anything that will lay around my house and not be used.

So THIS time I am only doing things like yoga off YouTube videos and calisthenics/body weight training because they're free and I can do it in my office when I'm bored or at home even if it's late. At 8pm when I finally feel like moving around I definitely don't want to run anywhere but I will totally crawl around on the floor seeing how many times and ways I can lift myself. I have a lot of weight to lift so in my head it's better than actually lifting weights.

Your results are awesome and I am glad to know this is a thing that people do and I'm not just going off the grid because I hate exercise :tongue:
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Your hard work shows in your amazing results!
    Your timing in posting this is great as I've been thinking more and more about using simple exercises (bodyweight) instead of lifting weights. After reading some of the links posted in this thread I think I'll take a serious look at incorporating calisthenics into my exercise routine, obviously your results prove it works!
    Great work!!!
  • georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    as a trainer I always work whole body with my clients. You need to do the push-ups, squates, etc. to cover the whole body. Anyone with a trainer that only pushes weights or cardo...have a long talk. It takes the whole body work out to succeed. You look great! Thanks for sharing.
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! You look amazing and you have a beautiful little girl. I'm considerably older than you but am fascinated by bodyweight/calisthenics (maybe because that's how we exercised when I was a kid) and have the same goals as you; be strong and flexible. I will be checking out your resource suggestions!
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have totally inspired me, thank you so much for the awesome pics and all the tips and info :flowerforyou:
  • junglejd13
    junglejd13 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats on your success. This also shows that the number on the scale isn't accurate. You look totally ripped! I don't see this loose skin you talk about, I just see a badass! I also have goals of being able to do a lot of pushups and jump over things.
  • jeannemarie333
    jeannemarie333 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job !!!
  • 2kellymike
    2kellymike Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You look great and I'm saving this to read more.
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing and it's evident that you've worked really hard to get there. Thank you for sharing your photos, information and wisdom! Best wishes with your continued success!
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful. Amazing job! :love:

Thank you for all the advice you guys have provide in this thread. I plan on starting with body weight exercise and will be picking up the Body by You book. I do plan on lifting heavy eventually. I am aiming for a healthy, strong, flexible, and fast body. I think I am going to start adding yoga very soon as well. My main concern is diastasis recti and not messing up my body. I also want to get into martial arts. I really do not think there is over all one right answer for everyone. Might try the P90X out too. Got to get this body moving better.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    That is freakin' awesome, and I totally vibe with your reasoning for why body weight strength training is awesome. I'll have to keep checking back for the road map you promised! ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!