"You MUST send me a message if you want to be my friend"

Options

Replies

• calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

If you PM me with "I want to throw you up against a wall and bang the sh&t out of you," you are getting denied.

That would pry be acceptable criteria for quite a few here.

inorite? :laugh:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    This isn't real life just so everyone knows.

Maybe not to you.

That doesn't mean everyone has to see it that way.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Do you have an instagram? Do you have to know everyone that follows you there as well? You've lost 101 lbs and I'm sure you're a motivation to a lot of people that you might not even know who just stumbled upon in a thread and have never talked to. I feel like it's more creepy to say "i saw that you posted in a thread but i never talked to you" than to just not say anything at all.

I am more creeped out by silence. It is like having a conversation at a restaurant, and some stranger wearing work out gear comes over and sits next to me, then picks through my salad, asking how many carbs are in spinach. At least tell my who the hell you are first...

I choked on my salad reading this... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Could you even imagine MFP in real life? People just flashing each other, that one random guy that walks by and yells at you for not eating breakfast. A bunch of men with bleeding nipples stopping to talk about their fitbits.

This would be hilarious. We should have an Improv night and we can act out the forums for the various skits. One of them would be a confused person standing in the middle of the stage with a big group on one side of the stage shouting, "YOU NEED TO EAT MORE, YOU'RE IN STARVATION MODE!" and the big group on the other side saying, "IF YOU AREN'T LOSING, YOU ARE EATING MORE THAN YOU THINK!!!" Then the confused person would start go to on the offensive and start shouting out ridiculous things to both sides that they failed to mention in the first place.

I would pay to see this.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

If you PM me with "I want to throw you up against a wall and bang the sh&t out of you," you are getting denied.

That would pry be acceptable criteria for quite a few here.

:laugh: :drinker:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Also, I had to add a disclaimer because I kept getting unsolicited nudes from men, a couple women. Also, one person added me just to talk about violating me. My MFP friends list is now strictly people I interact with on a consistent basis that I can trust.

YES this too.

If you are creepy in the forums (and all you creepers know who you are), you are getting denied.

If you have an ED and you have no intention of working on it, you are getting denied.

Messages help me sort this out.

The creepers don't actually know they are creepers! Every time I call one out they act as if they have no clue what I'm talking about.

True. Story. There was this one weird dude....

Wait, what are you doing on my FL?! :mad:

HAVE MY BABIES
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options

Is it just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide?

No escape from reality?

Open your eyes...
  • SEAFOODMAN
    Options
    alot on here, like to make it a big deal....like they want you beggin to be your friend....................and then they won't say **** to ya.......but they want all the attention.......they want you coming to their page..............too much work for them to come to your page..................as you say....only takes a few seconds..............lmao......so many attention getters on here..............
    but there are a couple of handfuls of good people on here..............but mostly the women want to show their *kitten* or tits.....and the dudes want to flex their muscles...............majority of them won't show their face.......lol hiding from their spouse or their that damn ugly
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

brainblown_zps25ab5bdd.gif
  • PRMinx
    Options
    Also, I had to add a disclaimer because I kept getting unsolicited nudes from men, a couple women. Also, one person added me just to talk about violating me. My MFP friends list is now strictly people I interact with on a consistent basis that I can trust.

YES this too.

If you are creepy in the forums (and all you creepers know who you are), you are getting denied.

If you have an ED and you have no intention of working on it, you are getting denied.

Messages help me sort this out.

The creepers don't actually know they are creepers! Every time I call one out they act as if they have no clue what I'm talking about.

True. Story. There was this one weird dude....

Wait, what are you doing on my FL?! :mad:

HAVE MY BABIES

759996.gif
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I usually run a credit check, criminal background and insurability screening prior to accepting any friend requests.

Always consult an actuary as well... just to make sure your investment of friendship is worthwhile.

You know what an actuary is! I like you! :smile:
    My friend is married to an actuary.
    Now I want to be an actuary just to see what it's all about.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    alot on here, like to make it a big deal....like they want you beggin to be your friend....................and then they won't say **** to ya.......but they want all the attention.......they want you coming to their page..............too much work for them to come to your page..................as you say....only takes a few seconds..............lmao......so many attention getters on here..............
    but there are a couple of handfuls of good people on here..............but mostly the women want to show their *kitten* or tits.....and the dudes want to flex their muscles...............majority of them won't show their face.......lol hiding from their spouse or their that damn ugly

WUT?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Do you have an instagram? Do you have to know everyone that follows you there as well? You've lost 101 lbs and I'm sure you're a motivation to a lot of people that you might not even know who just stumbled upon in a thread and have never talked to. I feel like it's more creepy to say "i saw that you posted in a thread but i never talked to you" than to just not say anything at all.

I am more creeped out by silence. It is like having a conversation at a restaurant, and some stranger wearing work out gear comes over and sits next to me, then picks through my salad, asking how many carbs are in spinach. At least tell my who the hell you are first...

Could you even imagine MFP in real life? People just flashing each other, that one random guy that walks by and yells at you for not eating breakfast. A bunch of men with bleeding nipples stopping to talk about their fitbits.

This would be hilarious. We should have an Improv night and we can act out the forums for the various skits. One of them would be a confused person standing in the middle of the stage with a big group on one side of the stage shouting, "YOU NEED TO EAT MORE, YOU'RE IN STARVATION MODE!" and the big group on the other side saying, "IF YOU AREN'T LOSING, YOU ARE EATING MORE THAN YOU THINK!!!" Then the confused person would start go to on the offensive and start shouting out ridiculous things to both sides that they failed to mention in the first place.

I would pay to see this.

The other fun one would be a clean eating vs junk eating (giggity) debate with some poor IIFYM person in the middle screaming, "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YOU'RE BOTH SAYING THE SAME THING!" but it would be like that person was a ghost or invisible or something because no one could actually hear them.

They still have ComedySportz in KC? I'll meet you one weekend.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    I ask politely for a message to be included with FR and think a little note is nice as well as polite. The one thing I explain on my profile is the requirement that whomever is requesting to be friends has an open Profile because I'd like to know a little about someone before becoming friends with them. After all...this is a voluntary site and it's not asking any of us for our deep down personal info, we only have to post what we want to share on our Profile page.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I guess I don't understand why it's such a big deal.

I'm one of those people who likes a message with a FR, for a lot of different reasons. First, I like a smaller list of friends because I do enjoy actually getting to know people here and interacting with them on a more personal level. Second, I like being friends with people who have similar goals and mindsets. It makes it easier to relate to people when you have things in common. Third, even though I have lost a fairly significant amount of weight, I'm not done setting and achieving goals and probably never will be. Maybe other people do find motivation and inspiration in my success so far, and that's really awesome. I'm very willing to offer support to anyone who needs it. But that doesn't mean I don't also look to other people for support and advice as I continue to figure things out, so, I tend to prefer a FL of people that I can relate to and have conversations with.

Also, my diary is public, so if someone wants to creep on my food choices at any time, they can have at it.

It's not like I'm expecting someone to write me a paper detailing all the reasons why they want to be my internet friend. Even a single sentence - practically ANY sentence - is good enough. I just feel like it's courteous to make the tiny bit of effort to say "Hey, you seem cool".
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    igH3dF4STszz9.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Let's not forget the kitty gifs. This means people running around with kittens/cats doing cute things.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    I usually run a credit check, criminal background and insurability screening prior to accepting any friend requests.

Always consult an actuary as well... just to make sure your investment of friendship is worthwhile.

You know what an actuary is! I like you! :smile:
    My friend is married to an actuary.
    Now I want to be an actuary just to see what it's all about.

I always wanted to be an actuary so at parties, when people said, "oh, you're like an insurance adjuster", I could say, "Actually, I'm an Actuary"
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I like to have a message with the friend request. It gives you a space for it. It only takes a second to say Hey, I liked your post in the forum, or we have similar goals, etc.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

......... ............. ................. ......
  • WinoGelato
    Options

Let's not forget the kitty gifs. This means people running around with kittens/cats doing cute things.

And the cat's would be all like, "WTF is wrong with you, I am not a trained monkey, I refuse to perform just to amuse the crowd"