Sugar is the CULPRIT!

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Sugar killed my parents, and laid waste to my homeland before beginning it's heartless reign of terror, and executing millions in the name of freedom. Wait. I'm sorry. What thread is this again?

You're never gonna get Bingo if you don't keep them straight!
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    The Perricone Prescription is only one source if you take the time to look up articles on the dangers of sugar there are many to back up the fact that sugar has no nutritional value. Also, I did not say that fat was bad, I said SUGAR! And most people on here are overweight from eating too much sugar so it may not be as far out as some are assuming.
    No, most people are overweight because they ate too many calories and didn't move enough.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    The Perricone Prescription is only one source if you take the time to look up articles on the dangers of sugar there are many to back up the fact that sugar has no nutritional value. Also, I did not say that fat was bad, I said SUGAR! And most people on here are overweight from eating too much sugar so it may not be as far out as some are assuming.

And you're still wrong....
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Articles aren't science.
    You really need to educate yourself, unless you are a troll which is highly plausible.
  • skinnygirly23
    skinnygirly23 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Not mad. We are all entitled to believes and opinions. People can take what they want to not from information posted. It is a free world.

With that being said I do not believe all carbs are bad, do not believe all fat is bad, we actually need fat to live. I DO believe sugar has no nutritional value and people are addicted to it.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

No I was fat from sitting on my butt too much and eating too much of everything. Now I move more, eat less but still eat things like this:

2u77tli.jpg

And have lost a little weight, health has improved. So thanks I'll keep my sugar.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options

I don't think anyone is arguing that sugar has nutritional value other than calories.

But in the absence of a caloric surplus, it's not going to make you gain weight either.

If you've got room for it after meeting basic nutritional needs, there's no reason you can't enjoy it.
  • DiabolicalColossus
    Options
    If I get cancer, chances are it'll be because I chain-smoked menthol cigarettes for a few years.

It most likely won't be because I ate/eat processed sugar.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    LOL Just No ........ If you eat a well balanced diet that stays within the confines of your daily caloric intake for whatever it is your are trying to do (lose weight, maintain, or bulk) and do your best to come close to hitting your macros with the occasional daily treat when your nutritional needs have been met, then there is absolutely no need to fear Sugar and this is coming from a Type 2 Diabetic with A1c of 5.3 on average the last 2 1/2 years.... Best of Luck though on your Journey.....

LMAO and this from a moderator.
    /thread
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

No.

They are overweight from eating at a calorie surplus.

Just stop. Please.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    madness.gif

panic.gif

I think I've seen this before. and before that...

tumblr_mhid02gJdK1qb05aco6_250.gif
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Not mad. We are all entitled to believes and opinions. People can take what they want to not from information posted. It is a free world.

With that being said I do not believe all carbs are bad, do not believe all fat is bad, we actually need fat to live. I DO believe sugar has no nutritional value and people are addicted to it.

That's right, you can have your own opinion no matter how wrong it is, but you can't make up your own facts which you seem to be doing.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Well, we all know the every person in the world that isn't overweight and/or obese, doesn't eat any sugar whatsoever, so your position is 100% legit.........thanks for educating us.

pretty much yes
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The Perricone Prescription is only one source if you take the time to look up articles on the dangers of sugar there are many to back up the fact that sugar has no nutritional value. Also, I did not say that fat was bad, I said SUGAR! And most people on here are overweight from eating too many calories in the form of sugar so it may not be as far out as some are assuming.

FIFY
  • skinnygirly23
    skinnygirly23 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    LOL! I am a troll, sugar free, thin troll thanks for noticing :)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

lol, NO.

They're overweight because they eat/ate more calories than their body required. Sugar wasn't the reason they got fat.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

I didn't get fat eating to much sugar, I got fat eating much FOOD!!!!!!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :yawn:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    521bbacd697ab049ba007f24._w.540_s.fit_.jpg
  • ljmorgi
    ljmorgi Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    There's a big difference between "little nutritional value" and "WILL KILL YOU!!11!11one!!"