Sugar is the CULPRIT!

Options

Replies

• cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    The Perricone Prescription is only one source if you take the time to look up articles on the dangers of sugar there are many to back up the fact that sugar has no nutritional value. Also, I did not say that fat was bad, I said SUGAR! And most people on here are overweight from eating too much sugar so it may not be as far out as some are assuming.
    key words here are Too Much. people get fat by eating too many calories, not by eating too much sugar. otherwise i would have been obese when i was surviving on nothing but coffee and pixy stix.

eat-it.gif
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    LOL! I am a troll, sugar free, thin troll thanks for noticing :)
    I am truly sad for you, OP.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    My apology on profile pic. Was uploading them via cell phone and wouldn't set vertically. I think I got it now.

The Dr. name is Dr. Perricone.

It's ok. As you can see other people have posted some pretty thorough reviews on his "work."

Listen, I know this thread didn't go the way you want. I know right now you can't believe how mean people are and it stings. I'd feel the same way. I get it.

But it's ok. You posted some bad information from a poor source. Happens to people ALL THE TIME. Because everyone is out there to make a buck of weight loss. And they know that "you should count calories and exercise" isn't going to make books fly off the shelves. So they demonize sugar. Or bread. Or fat, carbs, etc... the list doesn't end.

If you're mad, you should be. But it should be at Dr. Perricone, not at anyone here. Hopefully you learned something today. Which isn't always easy, but it is important.

Best wishes.

I really like this answer, and not just the bolded part.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

So all thin people get to make stuff up and pretend it's facts? Awesome.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    featured_desserts.jpg
  • skinnygirly23
    skinnygirly23 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I didn't open my mouth. I typed the message with my hands. Thanks for advice.

My intentions were only to point out that sugar has NO not little, NO nutritional value. Foods high in glycemic index are not good for you. Didn't mean to offend anyone to the point of name calling. PLEASE, YOU EAT SUGAR! I encourage it!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

And, according to your profile, you "used to be in shape." Maybe some sugar to help your energy levels would help with that.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

My intentions were only to point out that sugar has NO not little, NO nutritional value. Foods high in glycemic index are not good for you. Didn't mean to offend anyone to the point of name calling. PLEASE, YOU EAT SUGAR! I encourage it!

It provides fast acting energy which people who workout need. Maybe you should eat some and get in the gym and lift some weights?
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Sugar is dangerous....if someone drops a 200lb sack of it on your head.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

You are still incorrect.
  • skinnygirly23
    skinnygirly23 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    IT IS FACT! PEOPLE DO RESEARCH ABOUT SUGAR, IF YOU THEN CHOSE TO INDULGE THEN AT LEAST I GAVE YOU SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT.

DO NOT THINK IT IS NECESSARY TO GET ANGRY AT A LINK YOU CHOOSE TO CLICK ON!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

You also added words like "addicted" and "cancer." There's a huge difference between saying something has no nutritional value (which is still arguable) and saying something causes cancer.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

Well, you're thin...why didn't just say that in the beginning??? This would have been a much more believable statement if you had just told us you were thin from the start!!!
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Intellectual disability is actually the culprit. Choosing not to learn and forming opinions based on non-factual "evidence" of anything. But I understand, scapegoating is easier than comprehension.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    IT IS FACT! PEOPLE DO RESEARCH ABOUT SUGAR, IF YOU THEN CHOSE TO INDULGE THEN AT LEAST I GAVE YOU SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT.

Only one that looks like they are getting angry is you. Have a snickers it will help
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

If you can't back it up yell loudly, or post in all caps. I love MFP! This thread needs a hug
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

Guys OP is thin, she can't possibly be wrong.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Obvious troll is becoming more obvious.
  • DiabolicalColossus
    Options
    Unless there's an M.D. after your name, you quote reliable, peer reviewed material or post legitimate scientific material from a non-shill...

This is all useless conjecture.

Also, you bragging about being "skinny" is lame.

If you need to prop up your self esteem by trolling internet forums, you might want to consider reaching out to a licensed therapist.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

You are still incorrect.

Yep

Even though you've been given link after link proving your original premise/book is debunked quackery...

Even though there are plenty of thin people on this thread who have disagreed with you...

Even though you still think that your opinion makes something fact...