1000 pound club

Options

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,302 Member
    Options
    Me too, but as thirty-year old. A young thirty-something and with my present bank account, not my college poverty bank account.

I have four kids and a mortgage, I think I actually had more money back in college than now! lol
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Me too, but as thirty-year old. A young thirty-something and with my present bank account, not my college poverty bank account.

I have four kids and a mortgage, I think I actually had more money back in college than now! lol

Speak that truth brother!
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    This morning I nailed dead nuts 305 lbs bench and a 500 lbs deadlift - Federation legal. Feeling super confident heading into my first meet, a push/pull meet, in two weeks.
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    This morning I nailed dead nuts 305 lbs bench and a 500 lbs deadlift - Federation legal. Feeling super confident heading into my first meet, a push/pull meet, in two weeks.

Dude that it awesome. I'd love to have those numbers next year.

Way to go man!

• ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    So motivating reading this thread. Went through a few months of struggling between nursing and injury and just battling general soreness from not prehabbing/stretching/etc. enough.

Great to see all you guys kicking butt. I've only been back doing legs for 3 weeks, but my plan is in late September early October see where I'm at. I don't expect to be close until some point probably late next year, but its just motivating seeing the iron being moved here!
    Options

Dude that it awesome. I'd love to have those numbers next year.

Way to go man!
    Hey thanks!
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I wanted to share this. On the 15th, I participated in my first meet and while it wasn't a Federation event and that was only a push/pull (no squat) the weights lifted were real and the prep was real.

Unfortunately, I didn't get any video of the 305 (PR paused) I benched in my last attempt, but here's raw video of my second attempt of 255 lbs paused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knet-jY89aU

My last deadlift attempt was for 505 lbs -- which was a PR. Here's some crappy raw video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZNa4reZXPw

Overall I did pretty well, placed top 10 in two divisions for both lifts (Open & Master I) and for my deadlift, received gold in Masters I.

hCtpniygjFjinYQQLVwZfkfJHorrBJOXoaAo-610xh.jpg

I had such a great time finally doing this -- and it only took me twenty plus years to figure out a new sport to participate in and there it was -- underneath my nose all the time. I have another meet planned for the of October -- another push/pull -- and then finally a full Federation meet for January.

If you ever considered about competing but wasn't sure, do it.
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Very cool man! I'm attending my first meet in Feb.

Just hit the 1100 club yesterday.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    @nakedraygun Way to go! Very impressive.
  • ovidnine
    Options
    @nakedraygun Awesome job!

@colors_fade Congrats dude!
    Options
    Very cool man! I'm attending my first meet in Feb.

Just hit the 1100 club yesterday.
    Welcome to the club @colors_fade.
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    @nakedraygun Way to go! Very impressive.
    ovidnine wrote: »
    @nakedraygun Awesome job!

@colors_fade Congrats dude!
    Thank you @McCloud33 and @ovidnine. I finished my last meet two weeks ago, had a couple two three place finishes in bench and deadlift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7PYiZUyLuw

Not a PB or PR, but still I'm happy.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Almost! 995 (gym)
    300 / 255 / 440
    @ 168lb
  • McCloud33
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    Almost! 995 (gym)
    300 / 255 / 440
    @ 168lb

@ROBOTFOOD Nice! You're where I want to be. Every time I try and drop my body weight down, my lifts suffer too. I just switched over from the SL5x5 program to the Wendler 5/3/1 so we'll see how that goes. Still trying to drop the weight down (was 193, down to 185) while still gaining strength (hopefully at least maintaining)...I guess we'll see how that goes.

Almost done with week two of the switch over to the new regimen and my calculated 1Rmx's put me around 900. I really want to hit 1,000 at sub 170BW.
  • McCloud33
    Options
    Almost! 995 (gym)
    300 / 255 / 440
    @ 168lb

@ROBOTFOOD Nice! You're where I want to be. Every time I try and drop my body weight down, my lifts suffer too. I just switched over from the SL5x5 program to the Wendler 5/3/1 so we'll see how that goes. Still trying to drop the weight down (was 193, down to 185) while still gaining strength (hopefully at least maintaining)...I guess we'll see how that goes.

Almost done with week two of the switch over to the new regimen and my calculated 1Rmx's put me around 900. I really want to hit 1,000 at sub 170BW.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    Options
    @McCloud33 I'm on 531 too. But I'm trying to gain weight. I was 190 about 7 wks ago. But I kinda got tired of eating 24/7 and weight dropped. I was doing some cardio too. Cut that and now I got it back to about 174 now. My main goals are to get 500+ dead and 315 bench. Weak in squat so I guess mid -upper 3's.
  • ovidnine
    Options
    Awesome job guys! I haven't tried to max anytime lately but I'm a goodly way from 1000 still, like I know I could do 850, but beyond that not sure. 850 is a long way from 1000. lol

I'm at 189, down from 203 in August, slowly cutting and trying to up my lifts at the same time. Its working pretty well and aiming to get down to low 170s before gaining up to 180 and really seeing how much I can add to my lifts. Slow and steady for me. lol
  • McCloud33
    Options
    @McCloud33 I'm on 531 too. But I'm trying to gain weight. I was 190 about 7 wks ago. But I kinda got tired of eating 24/7 and weight dropped. I was doing some cardio too. Cut that and now I got it back to about 174 now. My main goals are to get 500+ dead and 315 bench. Weak in squat so I guess mid -upper 3's.

@ROBOTFOOD Is there a weight that you're trying to accomplish those goals at, or is it just "strength only and to hell with how much I way". I just don't like how I look with the added bodyfat (high teens right now), even though I know I could probably add a lot of strength if I actually ate on a good surplus. It feels like I've got a slower than normal metabolism though...I'm one of those people that looks at food and puts on weight.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »

@ROBOTFOOD Is there a weight that you're trying to accomplish those goals at, or is it just "strength only and to hell with how much I way". I just don't like how I look with the added bodyfat (high teens right now), even though I know I could probably add a lot of strength if I actually ate on a good surplus. It feels like I've got a slower than normal metabolism though...I'm one of those people that looks at food and puts on weight.

No. I just focus on strength. It's difficult for me to gain. Body fat is always low, so I don't care about gaining. It would be more impressive to hit the goals at a lower weight, but I'm just trying to hit them at any weight first. @McCloud33
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,302 Member
    Options
    I was pushing 1200 before I hurt my shoulders, when I returned to the gym after several weeks' layoff I started my return at half that. Now I'm up to about 900, would love to crack 1k again before the new year.
  • Grosen17
    Grosen17 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Some nice numbers up there

When I'm bulking and am 230+lb
    Bench 405
    Squat 445
    Deadlift 565