Replies

• rmitchell239
    rmitchell239 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Barely made it in:

Deadlift 410
    Bench 265
    Squat 325

I suspect bench is higher ive only been training 3 months and havent maxed in a month. I just started 20 rep squat challenge aka breathing squats. Has anyone ever done that routine?
  • rmitchell239
    rmitchell239 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Last time I reported in I was -35 lbs under the 1000 mark.

This past week, I test my maxes. Results below:
    • Bench: 285 lbs (129 kg) (03/25/2015)
    • Squat: 360 lbs (163 kg) (03/25/2015)
    • Deadlift: 440 lbs (199.5 kg) (03/28/2015)
    • TOTAL: 1,085 lbs. (492 kg)

Yesterday morning, I nailed the 440 lbs. on the second attempt deadlifting. Few minutes later I attempted 445 - nothing but utter failure. But that's a failure I am proud of. Since end of September I added +10 to my bench (training through a shoulder injury so that affected my performance), +65 lbs to my squat, and +45 to my deadlift. Overall since Sept '14, among the three lifts I've added a total of 120 lbs. (FYI: Lifts beltless.)

When I got back into the gym and back into barbell work three months later in June/July of 2014, I strained my back just trying to attempt a 115 lbs pull. Enter ice packs, heat pads and muscle relaxers. I think what really helped me was by forcing myself to take a 6-8 week detour by assigning Sumo and Front Squats as my primary lifts and not touching (back) squat or conventional deadlifts for that period. I also made a slight adjustment in the how wide I squat. You know *that* back pain you can sometimes get from either doing the dl or the squat? Well no longer.

Permit me to humblebrag, but I feel awesome.

Nice stats bro!
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    480 (225 DL, 100 bench, 155 squat).

I feel so weak. Lol
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    My lifts have really suffered from getting sick this past month. I am so far behind now it will take me a month hopefully to get to where I was. Kick in muscle memory.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    unbelievable

bench 155x5
    deadlift 235x5
    squat 185x5

• DoogCampbell
    DoogCampbell Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Even my best lifts only put me at 885

Bench: 203.5
    Squat: 286
    Deadlift: 396

Although I'm probably 15lbs off those on my squat and deadlift at the moment. I have a vacation coming up in August and going through a cut, I'll come back once I have some lifting in and see if I cant become an offical member :)
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    I do plan to be in this club by the end of this year. I need to get this cut out the way so I can get back to bulking up.
  • Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Squats Are My Weak Link 305
    Bench 295
    Deadlift 400
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get back up there after 5 months of cutting 20+ lbs off of my frame. Maybe I'll try for my 1RMx again next week to see where I'm at now. I'm back up to 190x5 bench, 275x5 squat and 315x5 DL in my regular routine, so we'll see where that puts me on my maxes.
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    I'm trying to get back up there after 5 months of cutting 20+ lbs off of my frame. Maybe I'll try for my 1RMx again next week to see where I'm at now. I'm back up to 190x5 bench, 275x5 squat and 315x5 DL in my regular routine, so we'll see where that puts me on my maxes.

You should be close to me, I would think, with those numbers. Each one of those numbers is something I do in my ladders for those lifts. My 1RP maxes are:

Bench: 240
    Squat: 340
    Deadlift: 445

Chasing the 1100 club now...

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,302 Member
    Options
    Added 20# to my DL the other day, puts me at 1185 now (b285,s475,d425). Hope to crack 1200 in the next month, unless the doc puts a kibosh on heavy lifting (shoulders have been sore, got an appointment with an orthopedic doc in a couple weeks).
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »

You should be close to me, I would think, with those numbers. Each one of those numbers is something I do in my ladders for those lifts. My 1RP maxes are:

Bench: 240
    Squat: 340
    Deadlift: 445

Chasing the 1100 club now...

Yeah, I was at 245 bench, 405 squat and 405 DL back in January. I'd have to look back at my charts, but I think I was at like 205x5 BP, 300+x5 squat and 330+x5 DL when I hit those 1RMx.

• oilphins
    oilphins Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I use to lift really heavy when I was in my 30's and it wasn't worth it because I gave myself a hernia. Not sure how old you are peeps but I would be careful because it is not worth the aggravation with surgery and not being able to ever lift heavy again. I think it gets to a point when your older you can only get to a certain weight before your overdoing it. Not trying to sound like a negative nelly either but unless your a power lifter in competitions, I don't see the point. Bench press is fine but the squats and deadlifts, I just don't quite get it. And if you hurt your back even once, it will never be the same. Good luck to you peeps and hope you stay healthy and injury free.
  • SonofNorthernDarkness
    SonofNorthernDarkness Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    im 30 lbs under the 1000

Squat 335
    Deadlift 385
    Bench 250
    Total 970
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    oilphins wrote: »
    I use to lift really heavy when I was in my 30's and it wasn't worth it because I gave myself a hernia. Not sure how old you are peeps but I would be careful because it is not worth the aggravation with surgery and not being able to ever lift heavy again. I think it gets to a point when your older you can only get to a certain weight before your overdoing it. Not trying to sound like a negative nelly either but unless your a power lifter in competitions, I don't see the point. Bench press is fine but the squats and deadlifts, I just don't quite get it. And if you hurt your back even once, it will never be the same. Good luck to you peeps and hope you stay healthy and injury free.

I think some folks would disagree with you.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

I actually already tore a muscle from lifting so I know how important form is. I am 27. I now know how to not overdo a workout and to check my ego at the door. Last time my ego got the best was the day I tore my muscle.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Oh please. I'm 44 and I pulled 480 last week and I have only been deadlifting for a year.

If you are lifting incorrectly you will injure yourself - same with bench press -- but these dire warnings against squats and deadlifts I just don't get.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Oh please. I'm 44 and I pulled 480 last week and I have only been deadlifting for a year.

If you are lifting incorrectly you will injure yourself - same with bench press -- but these dire warnings against squats and deadlifts I just don't get.

There exercises that take focus to learn and perform correctly. BTW today is squats and deadlifts day :lol:
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

There exercises that take focus to learn and perform correctly. BTW today is squats and deadlifts day :lol:

Exactly and some would say that the bench press is by far the more technical lift and the lift with the most risk due to the complexities of the shoulder.

Have fun lifting!
  • ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    627, Nowhere near yet :( I struggled with squats for so long that I avoided them entirely for months; I only started them properly a couple months ago.