Some nice numbers up there

When I'm bulking and am 230+lb
    Bench 405
    Squat 445
    Deadlift 565

Impressive! Very impressive!
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    Nailed a 315 lb BP and a 405 lb Squat last Sunday and with a 505 lb deadlift that brings me up to 1225 lbs.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Nailed a 315 lb BP and a 405 lb Squat last Sunday and with a 505 lb deadlift that brings me up to 1225 lbs.

Nice work dude. We are really close, I'm testing my lifts next week and expect almost the same exact numbers.
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »

Nice work dude. We are really close, I'm testing my lifts next week and expect almost the same exact numbers.
    Thanks and sweet @DopeItUp ! Good luck!
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Awesome job guys!
  • DopeItUp
    Options

Forgot to post a follow-up. Ended up with a 325lb bench, 385lb squat and a 545lb deadlift. 1255, guess membership to the thread is finally official!
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options

Forgot to post a follow-up. Ended up with a 325lb bench, 385lb squat and a 545lb deadlift. 1255, guess membership to the thread is finally official![/quote]

Congrats man! Great lifts and awesome total!

• DopeItUp
    Options
    ovidnine wrote: »

Forgot to post a follow-up. Ended up with a 325lb bench, 385lb squat and a 545lb deadlift. 1255, guess membership to the thread is finally official!

Congrats man! Great lifts and awesome total!

• jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options

I thought this was the "1000 POST club......." dang........guess I gotta keep lifting instead of typing to be apart of this group....... :trollface:
    Options

I wish I had a bench press like that. Nicely done.
    jmule24 wrote: »

I thought this was the "1000 POST club......." dang........guess I gotta keep lifting instead of typing to be apart of this group....... :trollface:
    Maybe we need to start a 1500 club?
    Options
    I pulled this deadlift two weeks ago in a small 8 person meet. 525 lbs. (Its ugly, I know.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Br0QGjsJpE

And then a few days later, I ran through this squat attempt of 405 with some friends, including @jmule24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Sfo2Ix7g5o

But I failed this bench attempt of 315 lbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeExU3qlIcc

I had nailed it a few weeks earlier. Not going to attempt that much next weekend, just go for a modest 3 pound increase over last paused meet attempt (305 lbs) to kilo equivalent.

Work to be done.
  • DopeItUp
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I pulled this deadlift two weeks ago in a small 8 person meet. 525 lbs. (Its ugly, I know.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Br0QGjsJpE

And then a few days later, I ran through this squat attempt of 405 with some friends, including @jmule24

But I failed this bench attempt of 315 lbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeExU3qlIcc

I had nailed it a few weeks earlier. Not going to attempt that much next weekend, just go for a modest 3 pound increase over last paused meet attempt (305 lbs) to kilo equivalent.

Work to be done.

Nice lifts. No belt on that deadlift? Impressive. That bench looked really close too. I'll have to post up my videos in a bit.

ETA: forgot to mention, I am jealous of that squat. Good form considering max-effort and strong as hell. Were you squatting high or low bar? I can't really tell. Your arms are so far under the bar I assumed high bar but it looks like it's a little further back (can't see due to the plates).
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Nice lifts. No belt on that deadlift? Impressive. That bench looked really close too. I'll have to post up my videos in a bit.
    Thank you @DopeItUp - I appreciate it!

I don't normally belt up for deadlifting because I haven't really needed it, unless my back is sore. After that 525 attempt per the rules of this meet, I was allowed a 5th attempt which I did belt up for because I was feeling it.

Definitely post up your videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uaf_QcY4FHY

Total fail, but I tied for second and won my entrance fee back of $25. I guess this makes me a professional now since I won money. :p:p:p
    ETA: forgot to mention, I am jealous of that squat. Good form considering max-effort and strong as hell. Were you squatting high or low bar? I can't really tell. Your arms are so far under the bar I assumed high bar but it looks like it's a little further back (can't see due to the plates).
    Again thanks! Of all the powerlifts, I really struggled to get into the groove of this one, but about three months ago it all came together but it still wasn't meet ready. I went to a USAPL clinic and demo'd my lifts in front of the judges and I got pointers. I found out that the way I was squatting, not locking me knees prior to commencement of the lift would fail that lift. That following day I spent hours working on that part of that lift. Next weekend will be my first USAPL/IPF meet.

Yep High Bar. Works for me.

• jmule24
    Options
    I pulled this deadlift two weeks ago in a small 8 person meet. 525 lbs. (Its ugly,

Work to be done.

I did not consent to be put in a YouTube video spammed on MFP........... :tongue:
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options

I don't normally belt up for deadlifting because I haven't really needed it, unless my back is sore. After that 525 attempt per the rules of this meet, I was allowed a 5th attempt which I did belt up for because I was feeling it.

Total fail, but I tied for second and won my entrance fee back of $25. I guess this makes me a professional now since I won money. :p:p:p
    Again thanks! Of all the powerlifts, I really struggled to get into the groove of this one, but about three months ago it all came together but it still wasn't meet ready. I went to a USAPL clinic and demo'd my lifts in front of the judges and I got pointers. I found out that the way I was squatting, not locking me knees prior to commencement of the lift would fail that lift. That following day I spent hours working on that part of that lift. Next weekend will be my first USAPL/IPF meet.

Good luck next weekend! All y'all up in the 1200+ are my heros LOL I think I've got several more years of lifting before I get up there. Especially if I want to keep the bodyweight/BF% down. Tweaked my back on deadlift this morning too so I'll be taking it easy for a couple weeks :tongue:
    Options
    jmule24 wrote: »
    I pulled this deadlift two weeks ago in a small 8 person meet. 525 lbs. (Its ugly,

Work to be done.

I did not consent to be put in a YouTube video spammed on MFP........... :tongue:

Too bad buttercup. :D
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »

Good luck next weekend! All y'all up in the 1200+ are my heros LOL I think I've got several more years of lifting before I get up there. Especially if I want to keep the bodyweight/BF% down. Tweaked my back on deadlift this morning too so I'll be taking it easy for a couple weeks :tongue:
    Thank you @McCloud33 ! I hope to collect as many white lights as possible.

As far as bodyweight, come on a join me at 14-15% BF level -- the feeding is great around here! But sorry to hear about your back. Hopefully you can roll and stretch that thing back out and get it back to lift ready status.
  • jmule24
    Options
    Here's my vids:

Awesome! Is that your basement??? Either way, I want a dedicated weight room like that IN MY HOUSE!!!! :+1: