Options
1252627282931»

Replies

• shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    rlpomeroy wrote: »
    I was a competitive powerlifter in a former life...lol 30 years ago. Back then, with my bodyweight at 270, I had a 425 bench, 625 squat, and a 650 deadlift. I'm just getting back to the gym now and mostly trying to drop some weight, but I will probably start some lifting again. Not likely that I'll ever get back to competing though.

Those are some lifetime numbers to be proud of. At this stage in my life I highly doubt I will ever come that close. How long of a break from the gym?
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    Meet director posted the results.

I finished 10/17 in my weight class (105kg) weighing in at 93.4kg/205.9 pounds. I had a meet total of 530kg/1168 pounds that counted with a (Wilkes) score of 332.26.

First place in my weight class finished with 712.5; 425.93.

Bottom place in my weight class finished with 445; 277.46.

Respectable.

@nakedraygun nice job! I know it's frustrating when you don't have the day at the gym you were expecting (bench), but at least you don't have to wait too terribly long to go at it again. I'm sure you'll get it this next time!
    For me its having successful lifts, even if they are not the numbers I expect. I like to do well because all that training seems for naught (although it isn't really).

My next meet is in three weeks @McCloud33 . I am going to scale my bench back to lighter attempts but push on my squat a deadlift a little more.
    cpw2109 wrote: »
    My PB lifts from last year - then I fell out of training and I'm a couple of months away from them...

Deadlift - 185kg
    Squat - 180kg
    Bench - 135kg

Total - 500kg = 1100lbs

I saw my weights go steadily up doing the 5/3/1 programme, then all of a sudden, my gym mojo went. I carried on eating the same amount and put on a heap of weight.

Now I'm struggling to find the time to lift, but it'll come back, I'm sure. And when it does, I'm going for more PBs at a lighter bodyweight. My deadlift really ought to be 250+kg, so that needs work. It would be nice to get a 3 plate (140kg) bench in there - I did attempt it, but it wasn't budging (yet the 135kg flew up - just wish I'd tried the 140kg first...)

Sounds like you have a lot to retool. Here's hoping for a comeback!
    I gotta stop coming back to this thread.

At least until after April 2nd. Oh, who am I kidding? I'll screw something up at the meet.

When is your meet @TR0berts ?

New England Revolution 2016 - April 2nd. Hoping to finally crack the 1000 lb barrier. Hopefully my injuries late last year don't screw things up too badly. Was on track - we'll see.

Good luck to you @TR0berts ! Tell us how you did too!

I have no idea what the hell happened with my squat. I had been doing 345 for sets of 5. 325 was a *kitten*. 350 didn't happen. Wha??? 345 for sets of 5, but no-go on 350?

My bench went up - it still sucks, but up is good - and I hit 240 with 5-10 in the tank.

Dead - where I really f'ed up my back last year - was back to where it was @ 410. Not great, but at least it hasn't actually gone down. Setup on 435 was weird, but once you put your hand on the bar, you have to go. Yeah, I pretty much knew it wasn't happening, although I think I could have gotten it had I not lost focus during setup.

Had I not hosed my squat, or was able to pull my last dead, I'd have hit 1000 - only 975. MF. I'm really tempted to - the week before I go on vacation end of July, to just go into the gym and test maxes.

Sorry or hear about the meet. That sucks on the squat. All it takes is one little thing to be off. Regroup, hit the gym and make a couple runs at 350 and up just to clear the doubts from your mind.
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Got my 1200+ tonight.

405 squat (x2)
    315 bench
    500 dead.
    1220 total

Where to go next........