Do You Even Beer?

Options

Replies

• JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I tried to brew a clone recipe of Stone's Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout. It requires five pounds of specialty grain (when extract brewing... all-grain requires another 16 of two-row malt, but anyway...). The weight of this kept the nylon sack stuck to the bottom of the brewpot where, you guessed it, the nylon melted and fused with my brewpot.

The result: threw away five pounds of delicious specialty grains, a melted nylon grain sock, and a tried-and-true brewpot. Buuuuuuummmmmmeeeeeerrrrrrrr...
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I had a beer this weekend that I've been hunting for almost 3 years now. Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA. 2 hours of continuous hopping. It was heaven in a bottle.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    MCIBTY wrote: »
    REAL beer all the way! My favourite at the moment is the Brooklyn Dark Chocolate Stout. Mmmhmm, and at £4.50 and 320 calories a bottle, I don't have it often.

I cannot stand these 'beers' with rum or tequila mixed in, just have a beer and a chaser!

Brooklyn makes some amazing beer!
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    OP ..... too long to read on a Monday.
    Beer? Yes please.
  • DWhy5
    DWhy5 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I've never had a sip of alcohol. I do not even beer!
  • geminigrey
    geminigrey Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't care for beer at all, but I do love a nice glass of cider.
  • deucemon69
    deucemon69 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Beer is yummy!
  • JustinAnimal
    Options
    I had a beer this weekend that I've been hunting for almost 3 years now. Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA. 2 hours of continuous hopping. It was heaven in a bottle.

Love me that 90-minute. I'm going to sound lame for saying this, but 120 was too hoppy and wasn't balanced enough for me. Just a personal taste thing.
  • Badger_Girl99
    Badger_Girl99 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    That was way too long to read. All I saw was beer, and came for the show.
  • Oxmarqt
    Oxmarqt Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I had 2 tall boys of Miller High Life Sat. night. Does that count?
  • JustinAnimal
    Options
    Hell yes?!
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    It's gonna be cold this weekend... which means it's finally good weather to start drinking stouts!
  • fat2burn2014
    fat2burn2014 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! Beer snobs rub me the wrong way. My BF rides me all the time on Untappd. "How could you post High Life ect." The funny thing is I was the one who introduced him to mirco brews in about 1997/1998 with a trip to Quebec. Any ways, drink up! Cheer! Porters and Stouts for me this cold weekend.
  • fat2burn2014
    Options
    Oh yeah, anyone on Untappd? Add me! Username is tomsuds
  • JustinAnimal
    Options
    i feel like an idiot. what is untappd? may i join? NOW?!?!?
  • fat2burn2014
    Options
    Untappd is Facebook for beer lovers. You set up a profile then check in and rate beer that you are drinking. You also get suggestions of other beer based on what you are drinking. There are also "badges" for different accomplishments achieved. Check out https://untappd.com/ I have the android app.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Husband loves microbrews, but I'm not much of a beer drinker so the gimmicky beers are normally the only ones I will drink. I like the Pumpkin ales and the local cherry beers, but I will try a few here and there and occasionally find a few I like. We often travel and will try to visit as many microbrews as we can (in exchange, husband suffers through tours of musty mansion museums and quaint scrapbook stores... LOL).
  • fat2burn2014
    Options
    huh. just re-reading these posts a bit. When I referred to BF, I meant best friend. Not boyfriend.....
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Give me all the beers. Happy to see other untappd members. Will find people soon there as well. Amber ales and kolsch are great things.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    I know this probably doesn't belong here, but I've never been one to follow the rules anyway.

You see I almost never have a mixed drink, because I'd rather have beer or maybe do shots.
    That said, I have finally found the mixed drink for me. A shot of Fireball poured into a glass of Apple Cider. That is all, thank you for your time and attention.

Danger, Will Robinson! You can go through a lot of Fireball and a lot of cider that way.