Do You Even Beer?

Options

Replies

• WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Most Stouts are my go-to. And pretty much EVERYTHING my local brewery Hangar 24 makes... :drinker:

I hate "lite" or "light" or "low carb" or "ultra" "beers" :noway:

That being said,

I'm kind of digging Blue Moon's Cinnamon Horchata ale right now :laugh:

WHATTTTT? Is that actually good?? Please be real with me
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Most Stouts are my go-to. And pretty much EVERYTHING my local brewery Hangar 24 makes... :drinker:

That being said,

it actually is.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Generally, no. I don't beer.

If you put enough flavoring in beer to make drinkable (for me), I might as well just drink something else. The same holds true for coffee. I'd probably be more likely to drink more beer if it didn't taste like bug repellent* If I am caught drinking a beer, it's probably gimmicky, and I'd probably rather be having something else anyway.

*thinks anything with hops in it tastes like bug repellent.

I will cider from time to time. To be honest, though, my only real purpose in drinking alcohol is getting to some degree of impaired. A few screwdrivers or vodka crans will do.
  • dan95130
    dan95130 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love good craft beers and drink them to excess. IPAs are my personal favorite. I refuse to drink any Bud, Miller, or Coors and I am shocked and disgusted by the number of bars and restaurants that limit their offerings to those watered down brews.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Oktoberfest starts in two days... Since I live right next to it I won't have a choice but to beer a lot for 16 days. Wow.

I'm pretty sure that I am not alone when I say that I am envious

Don't be envious. It's sixteen days of insanely drunk people and puke everywhere. The place is horribly crowded and the beer waaay overpriced. I like to go there a couple of times but if to really enjoy a beer or two or 21 I'd prefer other places.

Hey, if this thread isn't dead by then, I might even post a picture of me wearing a Dirndl waving a Maß (one liter of beer) around :-D

I hesitate to do this but I will anyway, I'm honestly not a German beer guy. There are some I like and perhaps if I went through the countryside I'd like more, but my taste really centers around ales and the occasional stout. I am, however, all about beer festivals and general excess so I need to go one day.
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options

That being said,

it actually is.

Yup. Seriously. It's actually pretty damn good.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Total hijackery, but why start another beer thread? Anyhoo...

Bottles or cans, y'all?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

Bottles or cans, y'all?
    cans.

why?

32 oz crowlers.
    they're basically mini kegs.
    easier to store/stack.
    don't care if they're in the sunlight.
    come in 12/16.9 oz sizes already.
    you can drop them after they're empty, and they don't get all breakybreaky or whatever.
    PLENTY of great beer is available in cans.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

That being said,

it actually is.

Yup. Seriously. It's actually pretty damn good.

Because I wasn't enough of a *kitten* to Blue Moon and their Pumpkin Ale already.... I hate you all. :mad:

Not really. Now I want beer.:drinker:
  • RachaelRenk
    RachaelRenk Posts: 116 Member
    Options

Bottles or cans, y'all?
    cans.

As long as there's beer inside....
    ...but probably bottles. I feel like they stay cool longer and there's a much wider variety of craft beer in bottles than cans. I'm lucky in that two of my favorite local breweries sell cans, but almost anything else from out of state is only available in bottles.
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Every beer I've tried (which isn't many) has tasted like toilet water... fizzy toilet water of vomit...

I can literally look at a bottle of beer and start gagging...
    I don't see how any of you can stomach any of it.

Pass me the rum.
  • Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Every beer I've tried (which isn't many) has tasted like toilet water... fizzy toilet water of vomit...

Pass me the rum.

You're trying the wrong beer. I promise, it has taste.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

Pass me the rum.

If I drank nothing but mass produced lagers I'd feel the same way
  • Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    Options

Pass me the rum.

If I drank nothing but mass produced lagers I'd feel the same way

Shiner Bock is not held in high esteem by beer geeks, but it was the first beer other than Bud Light or Natty Ice I'd ever had. It made me realize that not all beer tasted like bitter metallic water. I still have a soft spot for that beer, though I mostly use it in chili now.
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    How about this.................I plan don't like beer or most forms of alcohol for that matter............for me if it taste like alcohol than I am not drinking it...........this includes wine, beer, champagne etc.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    h1A4F348C

Insult various craft beers, but then cheer Sam Adams (which is mass produced swill, itself...)

I can't wait until we beer together!!

In my defense (well... sort of...) it turns out I meant Widmer's Okto, not Sam Adams' Oktoberfest. Just retried both and, again, was surprised that I enjoyed Widmer's. The Sam Adams brew was awful. Still, I do enjoy their Boston Lager. And, if I forgot to mention it before, I drink Coors Light and Rolling Rock. I was more attacking gimmicky beers, which I tried my darnedest to define (pumpkin, doughnut flavored, beard, oyster liquor, etc.).

Anyway, BUMP! I'm down for more beer talk and I've been feeling like all of the forum posts strike me as pretty boring today. Anyway tried a good one recently? I finally tried Pliny the Elder by Russian River. IT WAS GREAT! But didn't exactly live up to all of the hype.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I will say, I am certainly starting to cider and am really enjoying it.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options

Bottles or cans, y'all?

Bottles, hands down. Every beer I've ever had in a can had a metallic taste that ruined the beer.

Of course, I'll take draft over bottled.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    I wish I had never tried craft beers. I'll never be happy with a Select 55 again.

Bottles every time and draft over bottled.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    I have yet to try a flavoured beer that comes anything close to even the worst of regular beers. i just cant do the mix, beer and that sugary flavour kill my stomach on top of not tasting all that great