Do You Even Beer?

Options
167891012»

Replies

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Anyone catch the story about Dogfish Head's breakfast beer? It's got scrapple in it...somehow. I love the brewery, but I don't think I can do it.
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Anyone catch the story about Dogfish Head's breakfast beer? It's got scrapple in it...somehow. I love the brewery, but I don't think I can do it.

Scrapple? Yummmmm, i don't know about a beer tho. I'm not surprised i haven't heard of this, i'm sheltered.

I'm a Guinness gal, it's dinner in a bottle. Once in a while i will drink a Yuengling lager. Time for me to go back over the list and learn about the things i've never heard of.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Yes tincan, I will buy small bottles of both. Someone suggested blending it with ice too.

I grew up In Philly, so I love Scrapple. I'd like to try that beer.

I'm in South Jersey, so I feel you. Come back here and give us a review once you try it.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    Only on days that end in Y.
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I beer, and I give zero you-know-what's for anybody who dares to give me grief over my beloved Sweet Baby Jesus peanut butter chocolate porter.

I do drink others too, that's just my most recent fave. :#
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    In the holiday season (and in the spirit of not beer flavored beers), we tried to brew a bitter chocolate oatmeal stout (stone clone). Well, turns out that five pounds of specialty grains will really drill that grain sock down to the bottom of the pot. Burned a hole in the grain sock, ruined five pounds of specialty grains. Time to try again!
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    In the holiday season (and in the spirit of not beer flavored beers), we tried to brew a bitter chocolate oatmeal stout (stone clone). Well, turns out that five pounds of specialty grains will really drill that grain sock down to the bottom of the pot. Burned a hole in the grain sock, ruined five pounds of specialty grains. Time to try again!

Without the burning and ruining part, that sounds wonderful.