sabotagers... are real

Options

Replies

• caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Let me tell you. BE CAREFUL who you tell your dreams to. She may care for u but she has allowed her insecurities to mess with what you want in life .
    You may never know if someone is truly jealous or does not want the same good things for u.
    LISTEN to what people say and do. That's who they are. She may be a good person but she is hurting you and that's not cool.
    If you love her as a friend talk to her if not limit your time with her. I've been there not for this kind of situation but still saw a friend not being a friend and it hurt . Not easy but needed it for me.
  • 2thesexydress
    2thesexydress Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Maybe not a sabotager or a feeder, honesty i think she's insecure. I have a friend who is very slim, always goes on about how people tell her how jealous they are of her being so slim, then when she notices i am eating healthy and offers me cake, or ice cream, or whatever, but you can still have ice cream and cakes and such like if you add it to your calories.

I have noticed she is happy if i stay fat, recently i had brown hair, and i am now blonde, and she hates the fact i have long blonde hair, keeps telling me its made me look older and women my age should cut it shorter, its like shes trying to make me feel inferior but i now i ignore her.

Losing weight i have got ridden the four *chins... And now i have one chin, she never comments on how good i look, only the negatives. So if your friend is like this, i would just smile at her and say not hungry at the moment, but you go ahead.

*Smile xx
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I don't know why people do that but they do and I don't think it's conscious. I always advice my dieting friends not to let anyone know they are on a diet and to act surprised if anyone mentions they look like they lost weight.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Ah, yes. In roll the she's jealous of you replies

219ucld.gif
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    Perhaps, it's just your perception. It's like when you're pregnant, you see all the pregnant women that usually escape your notice. When you get a new car, the same type of car jumps out at you.

When we are dieting, we can see normal things as over the top. Maybe before you would have just gone along with her suggestions - not thinking a thing about it because it was who you were then. Now you think differently about your choices, your friend has probably not changed her thinking and now there is discordance.

If she's really your friend - talk to her about it. Then keep making your good decisions.

Also a big yes!

^QFT
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Don't tell anyone you're watching what you eat or exercising, just do it.
  • LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I would like to extend an invitation for you all to invade my fortress but I'm afraid I'd be a Saboteur

2s7whop.jpg

Wait. Ben&Jerry's make cheesecake brownie ice cream!? AND I just had a look at their US website, they make so much more flavours than they sell in Europe. Why won't they sabotage us more!??

th?id=HN.608023926074639505&pid=15.1&P=0
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    I would like to extend an invitation for you all to invade my fortress but I'm afraid I'd be a Saboteur

2s7whop.jpg

Wait. Ben&Jerry's make cheesecake brownie ice cream!? AND I just had a look at their US website, they make so much more flavours than they sell in Europe. Why won't they sabotage us more!??

More reason to come invade? :o FOR DA ICE CREEEEEAM!
  • heatherlee33
    heatherlee33 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    For all the people that are say this isnt sabotage. Please. Allow this woman the freedom to have her own emotions and interpret a situation that she experienced personally and we did not. That being said. I feel ya. And sadly I have been that person before. Trying to destabilize a friends success only to massage my own insecurity. Since I lost my weight, I actually deal with these people daily. "Seriously, it's one donut. You can eat A donut." or, "Oh you have to try this, I made it, it's a amazing...." and you have to taste then or its a personal insult. But they know what they are doing. And I know. Because I was that person before. So now I smile and feel bad for them, because I know their motivation and it stems from insecurity and pain. She is still your friend, you are just more aware now of how she feels about herself.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    For all the people that are say this isnt sabotage. Please. Allow this woman the freedom to have her own emotions and interpret a situation that she experienced personally and we did not. That being said. I feel ya. And sadly I have been that person before. Trying to destabilize a friends success only to massage my own insecurity. Since I lost my weight, I actually deal with these people daily. "Seriously, it's one donut. You can eat A donut." or, "Oh you have to try this, I made it, it's a amazing...." and you have to taste then or its a personal insult. But they know what they are doing. And I know. Because I was that person before. So now I smile and feel bad for them, because I know their motivation and it stems from insecurity and pain. She is still your friend, you are just more aware now of how she feels about herself.

You do? You have your right to your opinion but look at you projecting there. How do you know what it stems from?

Would you....like a donut?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Unless you saw them do this:
    how_to_help_your_wife_to_gain_weight-105154.gif
    Then it's hard for me to sympathize. When will people realize that they have control of their situations in life?
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    sv3vhs.gif

"Conceal, don't feel, don't let it shooooow. Make one wrong move and everyone will knooooow."
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options

2s7whop.jpg

More reason to come invade? :o FOR DA ICE CREEEEEAM!

I live pretty damn close to these *kitten*, with their BandJ's flags waving around, cows out dancing in the field. And what about their once a year "free cone" day. It's their fault I got back in line 3 times.......nom,nom.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options

2s7whop.jpg

So you're the one...

I bought Talenti Sea Salt Caramel ice cream pops dipped in dark chocolate at the grocery store this week because of you.

Saboteur!!

BTW, does anyone else have the Beastie Boys song stuck in their head now??
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options

2s7whop.jpg

So you're the one...

I bought Talenti Sea Salt Caramel ice cream pops dipped in dark chocolate at the grocery store this week because of you.

Saboteur!!

Ahaha. I had no idea my fortress was so famous!

Those gelato pops are freaking incredible! I was skeptical because I mean...3 tiny dilly bars for the price of pint but oh man!

Only the best for the mother of dragons
  • penny0919
    penny0919 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    LOL you had no idea your fortress was so famous yet I've seen this picture in at least 3-4 threads :/
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    It just really knocked me off balance, we had breakfast together so she knew I had eaten well... also she is slim so it's not that she wants me to stay fat with her... it really confused me

She may not want you to "stay fat with her," she may not want you to be smaller than her. Maybe she's the "skinny one," and that's her identity. Maybe she's jealous, b/c even though you are heavier...you're possibly more attractive. Just throwing out some ideas.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    LOL you had no idea your fortress was so famous yet I've seen this picture in at least 3-4 threads :/

Fact- I don't take count of when I use it.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I didn't really believe that people who care about you really did this... but diet sabotagers are actually out there.
    I spent the day with a friend who doesn't usually eat much (if at all), I divulged to her I was on a serious mission to regain my former healthy weight... she spent the whole day trying to feed me junk food, unbelievable! The person who will sit in a restaurant and eat nothing was suddenly in and out of shops eating cr@p... she even ate two ice creams, all the while trying to persuade me to do the same. At one point she was begging me to eat rum and raisin, making me look at all the lovely flavours and willing me to break!
    What is that all about??

if you told her you were on a serious mission to regain your former weight, then she was trying to help you because "regain my former weight" means get heavier.... i.e. she thought you considered yourself to be underweight and to need to gain weight to get healthy....
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options

2s7whop.jpg

So you're the one...

Saboteur!!

Ahaha. I had no idea my fortress was so famous!

Those gelato pops are freaking incredible! I was skeptical because I mean...3 tiny dilly bars for the price of pint but oh man!

Only the best for the mother of dragons

LOL No kidding!

And they're only 200 calories a piece. I have to say it was one of my better decisions...