I challenge you to lose 5 Pounds This Month January 2011

Options

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys no time for a myth today.

Just got in a 6 mile run and need to get the kids fed, then get ready to get my daughter to her swim meet.

I weighed in this morning and it is the same as last Saturday. No loss but have made gains physically this week.

Hopefully sitting on my but all day today is not too bad since I got in a good run this morning, though my legs will probably be very stiff when I get up to leave from the meet.

Have a great day!

Terri
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I lost 1lb

SW 159
    CW 158
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    well after running/walking 42 miles last week and doing other exercise as well along with eating well the scale didn't budge at all. :grumble:

Starting weight 1/1/11 - 156.0
    Jan 8: 156
    Jan 15:
    Jan 22:
    Jan 29:
    Feb 5:
    Feb 12:
  • kbefit
    kbefit Posts: 116
    Options
    Congrats to all who lost weight....especially Ladykatie....7.6 pounds?!?!?!? THAT'S SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    With the help of you guys, I have created my "mini-goals." Here they are...

Starting weight, 1/1-- 157 lbs
    2/1 goal weight-- 152 lbs (reward: mani/pedi)
    3/1 goal weight-- 147 lbs (reward: new top)
    4/1 goal weight-- 142 lbs (reward: new "little black dress" to wear at my birthday party)
    5/1 goal weight-- 137 lbs (reward: swimsuit)
    6/1 goal weight-- 132 lbs, and then I will have to reassess my goals

I set them up to lose 5 lbs/month like 55tolose said but realize that I will lose more some months and less other months. I am also rewarding myself with a weekend trip to visit friends in San Marcos (near Austin, I live in Houston) once I reach 150 lbs.

My fitness goals are to exercise 3x a week. I will work my way through New Rules of Lifting for Women. I will also move around more throughout the week and get some good walking in on my off days.

I posted my goals in a facebook note (you guys can add me if you want--- http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/amanda.s.butler) but without the numbers. My boyfriend's opinion on that was, "You better be careful with that. Now you HAVE to do it." ..... yep! That's the whole point!
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    well after running/walking 42 miles last week and doing other exercise as well along with eating well the scale didn't budge at all. :grumble:

Starting weight 1/1/11 - 156.0
    Jan 8: 156
    Jan 15:
    Jan 22:
    Jan 29:
    Feb 5:
    Feb 12:

I hate when that happens. So frustrating! Whatever you do, don't let it kill your roll. You are doing great! Keep up the hard work, and I bet you see a huge loss next week.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I want to reach my goal weight of 140 by Mother's Day,

My starting weight is:

1-1-11 -- 162.

Good luck everyone. :flowerforyou:

1-8-11 -- 161.4

1-15-11 --

1-22-11 --

1-29-11 --

Well I did lose a few ounces so that counts. I'm at 161 now instead of 162. I'll take it. :happy: Great to see you all doing such a great job. Keep up the good work. Next week I plan to be at 160 at the most.

WOOHOO!! I just noticed that few ounces lost made my ticker go down a pound. YAAAAY!!!:happy: :happy:
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    i lost 7.6 pounds last week. ...does that mean i win? :)

Wow I think you won, thats an amazing loss :O
  • 30tips
    30tips Posts: 132
    Options
    I´m trying to do that right now. I am also starting a blog that is about giving one weight loss tip a day if that helps, right here on the site.
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm already down 2 pounds! Three more to go! We can do it!

Shawn
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!! Great job on the weight loss, everyone! I don't officially weigh in until tomorrow. I hope to log a loss too! I'm getting ready for playoff football. Go Jets!
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    So far so good.......

Starting weight 290.0
    1/8/11 - 288.00
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone : ) Great losses so far! :drinker:

I ended up with a 2.4 pound loss for the week : ) and I am extremely happy about that. :love: :happy:

1/01/11 160.0
    1/08/11 157.4!!!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys are making great progress! Keep it up!

Jan 1: 145
    Jan 8: 142

I hope I'm back to where I was at the end of November. I weighed in at a weird time and on a brand new scale, so I'm not sure how the latest number really relates to the previous numbers. I'm a little worried I'm losing muscle mass, since I haven't been doing anything but walking lately. However, this week I accidentally slid my size 8 jeans off without unbuttoning them. So I measured and found out that I lost another inch off my hips. :drinker:

My new scale measures body fat %, muscle %, and hydration. I've never had my own scale before, let alone one that does all of that. It feels fancy.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    So, my '5k' turned into a 1.5miles walk/run..:frown: . appearently only those who signed up for the competitive run get to do the whole 5k, everyone else does the 1.5...I didn't find out until after reaching the 1.5mile marker when they said 'all walkers you are done, please go inside, all runners, men to the right, women to the left' :grumble: Gee thanks for being clear about this on the flyer that I got.. and let's face, everyone looks forward to those race day tee's..a trophy tee if you will..You guessed it, again, only the 'runners' get one. :grumble: Everyone else gets a reusable shopping bag promoting the place and has nothing to do with the 5k on it, not that I won't use it, but still. A little annoyed but it will pass. Just wished they were better organized. Now, cappuccino, cheese potatoes, and a fire for the night.:ohwell: I'm really looking forward to the 5k in March, because I KNOW it's an actual 5k :drinker: Enjoy your weekend all!!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    "my new scale measures body fat %, muscle %, and hydration. I've never had my own scale before, let alone one that does all of that. It feels fancy."

Sure sounds fancy! I want one! :laugh: Where and how much?

Bru-
    Sorry to hear that your race was a let down, but I am so proud of you that you went and did that. I hope to cross that off my list one day and would enjoy hearing all about the next one. Cheers to the REAL 5k :drinker:

My day was nice. Walked over to my mom's house with the kids for lunch and ended up making yummy fresh veggie, turkey, and noddle soup. We made a lot so I will have a ton for leftover meals next week and so will she. Plus it was nice to get the walk in, she is about 30 mins from my house walking but by pushing the 96 lb double stroller I get a good calorie burn. My brother (who lives a little over an hour away) dropped by her place also and that was a nice surprise to hang out together for the day. I had more soup for dinner and then walked home while the sun went down. It is only a bit after 8 and both my kids are clean fed and asleep. I might just get to bed early tonight and get the amount of sleep I should. :bigsmile: Wouldn't that be nice. I should drink some water due to all the sodium in the soup, but other than that I feel I did well today. Might just be a good weekend eating wise.
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Bru>> Boooooo! A bag is not as nice as a tee-shirt. I want a shirt too.

Jenn>> I got it at Big K-Mart for $32. I had to ask the sales clerk because it was stashed in a weird location at the back of the store--not with the bathroom stuff at all but with baskets! Once I got it home, it took me 30 minutes to figure out how to program it and work it. But after trying it out a few times, I really like it. It has a glass top and feels sturdy. There was also a WeightWatchers one for $34 that I considered. But the WW one tells BMI, not muscle % along with the hydration and body fat. I want to track my muscle % too, so I got this other one.
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Morning all, hope you are enjoying the weekend..

Had to buy a new iron ....my Rowenta finally died....had secretly been wanting the new an improved but the old one just kept hanging on....anyway, Macy's had it on sale reg. $160 on sale for $90.....:bigsmile: ...by the way, I LLOOVVEE to iron!!!!!

Congrats to everyone on the weight losses

Alioth, I too am jealous, your scale sounds nice...I have a regular digital one at home but the YMCA has a nice one that prints out all kind of stuff so I just use it when I go..

Bru, sorry about the 5K (I mean 1.5K)...sounds like you had it in the bag...HA!! sorry for joking....anyway, when is your 5K in March...mine is the weekend of the 18th (I think?)
  • katmarsc
    katmarsc Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    1 pound loss..

1st wk SW 161
    2nd wk CW 160
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO......I see the numbers going down! I'm learning, eating right, exercising what I am physically able to manage and the scale is beginning to move in the right direction.