Replies

• DrumlineGirl
    DrumlineGirl Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    dmgaloha- thanks for the encouragement!
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    OK I finally got the scale moving the right direction for the month. Now to push it the next two weeks to end strong for January:

1/1 - 180.5
    1/11 - 181 (opps)
    1/18 - 179

I am determined to end strong this month and have upped my exercise. I am actually looking forward to next weeks weigh in already...
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Anyone stuck in a rut? Try changing up your exercise. Maybe try something new like Couch to 5k or pilates. And if it's food you are having problems with, search for a new recipe for an old fave food or maybe even a new food. I'm gonna search allrecipes.com for a new recipe...I'm tired of the same old same old every week..tacos, spaghetti, chili, Homestyle Bake ($3 at Walmart, really good, but the sodium is scary), so I'm checking for something else to make with ground turkey.

I'm hoping to get on the tread again tonight while watching Biggest Loser, but my foot is achy so I'm keeping an eye on the pain, so to speak, and if it hurts too much, then today is a rest day. I'm not about to have an injury because I pushed too hard.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    This weekend I did great on my walking goal! I walked Saturday, Sunday, and Monday! However, I didn't do so hot on my eating. But not in the way you might expect. I didn't eat enough! My goal is to eat 1500+ exercise calories and on Saturday I only ate 1064 (-608 exercise=456 calories) Sunday I ate 823 (-784exercise=39) 39 calories to fuel my body all day?!?!?! :noway: Plus my burned calories are an under estimate I'm sure because I am chasing young kids around all day and don't account for that. Oh man, not good ladies, not good! I have had a migraine headache for the last 4 days and I read on WebMD today that loss of appetite often occurs with a migraine. Well, today my goal is to eat, eat, eat! I am hoping to go over on calories to make up for my two days of starving my body. I just wasn't feeling hungry but felt like I needed to get my exercise still, weekends are typically hard for me to stay under calories so I think I was in the frame of mind that I should save calories and exercise to not go over, but then I felt like crap and didn't want to eat. I guess that was not the best plan. Well, now I know.

Hope you all have a nice Tuesday! I will be watching Biggest Loser (with Bru) and doing some step aerobics while I cheer on Aqua!
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Anyone stuck in a rut? Try changing up your exercise. Maybe try something new like Couch to 5k or pilates. And if it's food you are having problems with, search for a new recipe for an old fave food or maybe even a new food. I'm gonna search allrecipes.com for a new recipe...I'm tired of the same old same old every week..tacos, spaghetti, chili, Homestyle Bake ($3 at Walmart, really good, but the sodium is scary), so I'm checking for something else to make with ground turkey.
    I highly recommend Whole Foods' site for recipes too. You don't have to buy the recipes from there and a lot of the recipes are very good for you! And it introduces new ingredients that you might not otherwise cook with! I've made 3 recipes from the site already and just printed out 8 more.
  • fixpc
    fixpc Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm in
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend Whole Foods' site for recipes too. You don't have to buy the recipes from there and a lot of the recipes are very good for you! And it introduces new ingredients that you might not otherwise cook with! I've made 3 recipes from the site already and just printed out 8 more.
    I'll have to check that site out.

You don't have to 'buy' recipes from allrecipes.com , just to be clear. :flowerforyou:
  • Grenell1229
    Options
    Im in!
  • ifychudy
    ifychudy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Ding724, Blackbyrd, and ifychudy - great losses!!

Thanks dmgaloha
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    Just ate 915 calories for lunch! (a Chipotle burrito bol) I'm stuffed! How ever did I use to eat like this everyday?!?! Well now I am set, don't have to worry about being under on calories today! I have my big calorie burn planned for tonight while watching biggest Loser so I know I wont be over on calories, but now I feel much better knowing I will be having at least 1200 calories today. Right now I am at 1,115 and don't think I'll be very hungry for dinner so I might have to hold back and only do my stepper for 60-90 minutes and not the full two hours. We'll see how things go, but I know I don't want to have 500 calories to eat at 10 pm when the show ends.
  • Jennplus2
    Options

You don't have to 'buy' recipes from allrecipes.com , just to be clear. :flowerforyou:

One more free recipe site that I like is SparkRecipes. I love to enter a food I have on hand, like if I have lots of chicken about to go bad you can search recipes that use chicken. Or just look around and see what looks yummy. People vote on ease of cooking so for me I look for the easy ones cuz I'm not that great in the kitchen (yet!).
    :flowerforyou:
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/browse-recipes.asp
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options

Ugh. I meant that the recipes don't have ingredients that you have to buy from Whole Foods. That is what happens when I'm trying to multitask. LOL I also use allrecipes. :)
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Hi all - just checking in quick. I will have to catch up on all the posts later.

Jan 01: 204.0 lbs
    Jan 03: 203.0 lbs
    Jan 10: 201.1 lbs
    Jan 12: 198.8 lbs
    Jan 18: 199.2 lbs

Up a bit today, but I've been eating a lot of sugar lately. Darn it that I made cookies!:ohwell: I did run another 1.25 miles on the dreadmill last night & also did water aerobics. I was pretty sore still yesterday, but I think getting back on that dreadmill helped out. I feel great today.

Anyway - Walter (the puppy) had surgery this morning for 2 1/2 hours. They ended up doing his palate surgery as well, as doc said if he didn't he feared Walter wouldn't wake up. He has a pretty bad breathing problem (as most bulldogs do). Anyway the surgery went very well, but no one can see the poor baby till at least tomorrow so as not to excite him and damage anything. He is still hooked up to oxygen and some other tubes. (Doc took a picture of him...so nice of him.)

I'm headed to a movie then making dinner for CJ tonight. I'm skipping Zumba at the gym. I just need to relax my mind after the stressful last few days. Sometimes I think its harder to have a dog than it is kids! :laugh:
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Kelly, so glad to hear things went will with the pups surgery....like the new profile pic also...is that one of him??? If so HOW CUTE!! and yes, go out and relax...

Thanks everyone for the cooking sites....will have to look into them maybe tomorrow when I have more time...

Now off to give me and the kids baths...have a GREAT evening all!!
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    kelly-
    Dreadmill :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Kelly, I am so glad your bully made it thru surgery. I can't wait to see my Granddog next week. He is a 3 year old English bull named Cronus. He is my little baby boy (aka tank!) My daughter had to have him. He lives in vegas with her so I only see him when I see her
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hahaha Dreadmill :glasses: :laugh: love it! Glad your puppy is ok : )

Bru, Im constantly looking at recepies on those sites and I have never actually made one lol. But like you my main meals are spaghetti, alfredo, tacos, potatoes, and homestyle bakes. haha not much of a menu lol

well Im holding steady back at 158 so Dmgloa I think im officially losing the race lol especially since my mother in law brought me dinner tonight, roast, potatoes, corn, olives, and boiled carrots. It was really really yummy, and probably really high in calories. And tomorrow is chuckecheese and Im having pizza : )

xx cross my fingers for a maintain for Sunday
  • sapphirelazuli
    Options
    Wed 01/12/11 11:32 AM
    Jan 3 SW ...175lbs
    Jan 5 ..........169lbs
    Jan 12.........168lbs
    Jan 19 ........167.5lbs
    Jan 26
    Jan 31

Total loss - 7.5lbs

I am kicking Januarys *kitten*! Haha :) and it feels good!

How is everyone else getting on with their challenge? :)
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Oh boy do I ever need to get back on this. I accept although I'm a bit late....so i'll commit to 2.5lb. :) Hope everyone is doing well :)
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, hope all is well!!

ceelovejay, congrats! I knew you'd have a loss soon!! Good for you for not giving up!

Drumlinegirl, your loss is just around the corner!!

Dawn, great attitude! Looking forward to seeing your next week's results too!

Bru, smart plan, taking care of yourself before getting injured. Recovery is so much more difficult and painful than prevention! Although sometimes prevention is the harder thing to do!

Jenn, good luck stuffing yourself with (healthy!) foods today! I am struggling with my 1200 cals, because if I don't exercise, and eat even 1 calorie under, then the system tells me I'm not eating enough, but if I eat over, then I get the scary RED numbers. I guess I really need to log even a few minutes of exercise so I have a bit of wiggle room.

Kelly, the problem with kids vs. dogs is you can't leave them home alone for the first 12 years!! :laugh: Glad to hear Walter's surgery went well. Will he be able to come home today?

55tolose, I don't want to jinx myself, but the peek on my home scale was a good one this morning: 155! I'm waiting until Friday to weigh in on my official gym scale. It's keeping me motivated to at least eat well, if not exercise...

Zara, yay for kicking Jan in the butt!!