I challenge you to lose 5 Pounds This Month January 2011

Options

Replies

• Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

It's darn TOM this week. I am up .5. I was hoping by drinking a lot of water I could off-set the hormone bloat. Not quite. Normally seeing a gain would send me looking for something sweet. Not this time. I know that I have done everything to be healthy and my body is doing what it has to do.
    Here's to another week!
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Wow everyone is soo motivated! Great job everyone.

jen wow you have passed me by a mile. way to go!:drinker: Now I know I cant get left behind lol so Im going to try my best.

I really really wish winter would get over so that I can take the kids for walks and that. I pretty much hate snow.

well here it is (im thinking I missed sunday but maybe I didn't who knows so here is a repeat lol)

SW 159.8
    1/10 157.4
    1/17 158.0
    1/24 ???

well I will be really dissapointed if I don't at least make it back under 157 by the end of the month : ( I know its not the best excuse in the world but school and work and homework and all of the reading i am having to do is just taking up any time that cleaning cooking and shopping isn't taking. but there is definately room to *squeeze* in a workout. so im going to try to get at least 4 workouts before the end of the month... maybe even 5 if i can get one in next weekend as well since he keeps giving me saturday off:noway:
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi, I weighed in at 121.5 this week :sad: must try harder for next week

12/31/10............................122 pounds
    1/7/11.................................120 pounds
    1/14/11.............................. 119.5 pounds
    1/21/11.............................. 121.5 pounds
    1/28/11..............................

Started with MFP 1/12/10 at an all time high weight of 164.5 pounds
    Got to goal weight of 119 pounds at the beginning of August
    Now trying hard to maintain at or around 119 pounds
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Evening all....did a lot of exercise today, and didn't even feel like it....soooo happy today.....

Bru, you are suck a nice person, you are just full of good deeds, I would love to see the face of the people who see your post-its....and doing a 5k every week, you are truly the woman!!

Terri--soo sorry you are feeling so awful, hope they find out what is wrong and it is not serious...and soon before you are broke..

Jenn, so you think you can dance?...HA!!

55tolose, I am with you...I am soooo over winter, bring on the spring with all its fresh fruits and veggies

Good night all, talk to you in the am
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I managed another 1lb

SW 159
    CW 156
    GW 154
  • ukredhead19
    Options
    Hey everyone - looks like you are all doing so well! I've got exciting news, i weighed this morning and i've officially lost 10 lbs this month!! now to keep it down till my weigh in day monday. I'm so happy, it took me 12 weeks to lose 10 lbs last time. I'm so much more motivated this year and I think these challenges are keeping me on track.

Bru - and all you other runners are inspiring me to start running again. My husband is a runner, in fact he is on the treadmill running right now! I need to start a C25k...how did you all start running???

now off to watch mickey mouse clubhouse with my little man! hot dog hot dog hot diggity dog :tongue:
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Jan.01/2011 - 144.4lbs
    Jan.08/2011 - 143.1lbs
    Jan.15/2011 - 141.8lbs
    Jan.22/2011 - 141 .1lbs
    Jan.29/2011 -

Slooooow going but I guess it is better then a gain.
    Loss so far this month 3.3lbs. Only 0.7lbs this week :frown:
  • katmarsc
    katmarsc Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself today, actually up 2 lbs this week, but lost ~.5 inches off Waist, Hips, Arms, I added strength training this week, from a post earlier this week, it comforted me when someone wrote that my muscles will retain water this is due to inflamed muscles(water retention) postworkout. I tracked my food, I ate good healthy food and I worked out every day (~280-400 burn) ,maybe doesn't seem like alot, but I did exercise. I have to praise myself for those accomplishments and know the scale is just one tool on progress.

I was told that the less you have the slower the progress. Well I would love the have a "hare" progress, but the turtle still wins in the end... :laugh:

I love hearing everyone's progress, great motivator.

Jan 1- 161
    Jan 8- 160
    Jan 15- 158.8
    Jan 22- 160.8
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Bru and all you other runners are inspiring me to start running again. My husband is a runner, in fact he is on the treadmill running right now! I need to start a C25k...how did you all start running??

Actually, by doing c25k!! When I startwd this journey, I jogged for 30sec and literally passed out. I decided to do c25k and was able to graduate shortly after! I jogged slow and am now working on speed.

So, hubby joined last week YAY! He lost 8.9lbs this week...wth?! Darn men and their ability to do this crap like it's nothing.

He is slowly changing his food habits, mostly in portions, not quite types of food..still, baby steps :)
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    1/1/11=145
    1/8/11=144
    1/15/11=144
    1/22/11=143

It's better than nothing. Now I only have to lose 3 lbs this week to meet goal (for the month). I'm starting the 30 day Shred this afternoon. Wish me luck!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 1/1/11 - 156.0
    Jan 8: 156
    Jan 15: 156
    Jan 22: 154.4
    Jan 29:
    A loss is a loss.
    Bru- glad your hubby is trying the site. that is awesome.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Well I managed to lose another pound thanks to Richard.

1-1-11
    1-8-11
    1-15-11
    1-22-11
    1-29-11

Don't think I'm gonna be able to lose 3 pounds this next week. I'll be ecstatic if I can lose 2 though.

Good luck everyone. This is a great challenge. :flowerforyou:
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Jan 1: 145
    Jan 8: 142
    Jan 12: 140
    Jan 22: 139

I used Googemaps to figure out my dog walking route. Me and the beagle/coon hound mix seem to be averaging 2 to 4 miles per day. This seems to be working, so I'm gonna put off joining any gyms. I'm actually a little grossed out because I'm getting loose wrinkly skin in places where it's embarrassing to have loose, wrinkly skin. :grumble: So I measured this morning and found I'd lost 3" on hips, neck, thigh, and waist. :love:

rjadams>>"A loss is a loss." That it is. Good job.

Also, congrats to CricketKate, katmarsc (inches & pounds!), kickrz, ukredhead19 (10 lbs!!!), bjshooter, barty, 55tolose, Jennplus2, and everyone else who's making progress! :flowerforyou:

Bru>> He what? *lol* Good for him. Maybe he'll decide to stay if it keeps working for him. Hooray togetherness!
  • timbotina
    Options
    Evening all, glad to see that most are doing great....a loss is a loss, take it!!! Glad to see everyone maybe stepping out of their comfort zones and trying something new...glad to see people introducing others to this amazing site....hope you all are enjoying the weekend...Tomorrow is my sons birthday party (a bowling party so we should get in some exercise) but we are having our favorite cake from our local bakery so I am going to enjoy cake tomorrow but will get in a good workout beforehand so I can have my cake and eat it too....:bigsmile:
  • ifychudy
    ifychudy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Evening all, glad to see that most are doing great....a loss is a loss, take it!!! Glad to see everyone maybe stepping out of their comfort zones and trying something new...glad to see people introducing others to this amazing site....hope you all are enjoying the weekend...Tomorrow is my sons birthday party (a bowling party so we should get in some exercise) but we are having our favorite cake from our local bakery so I am going to enjoy cake tomorrow but will get in a good workout beforehand so I can have my cake and eat it too....:bigsmile:

Happy Birthday to your son dear.That's a smart move:exercise before the cake!!! Enjoy yourself like you intend toit will be worth it
  • timbotina
    Options
    ifychudy...thanks hopefully everyone will show up at the party and we will all have a blast together....

Heading to get my workouts in so I can enjoy the cake guilt free...hope you are all enjoying the weekend...the time flys by so quickly, then it is the week already....Supposed to be cold here still so probably 2hr delay on Monday, we'll see...my son is praying for cold, HA!!

have a GREAT day all!!:flowerforyou:
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start embracing more of my Non-Scale Victories than worrying about my darn scale all the time.

NSV: Zipping up a boot calf length all the way up!! It use to only go maybe 3/4 of the way and was crazy tight...now all the way up and there's PLENTY of room to move my leg in..almost too much to where I need new boots :D

HUGE NSV:... I was able to put on and zip up completely my size 12 bridesmaids dress from my friends wedding in 2004! Of course, I have more boobage now, so its not the comfy-est, but damnit I'm not far from it! I posted a pic as a before and after from Sept 2010 to today, kind hard to see but had my hubby take the pic, he forgot to zoom in... Woot Woot!! 200lbs(ish) and a size 12/14..I'll take it!

So, what NSV have you had recently?
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Bru - congrats on your NSV's. that is awesome.
    my most recent NSV would be the fact that going back to work involves a lot of walking. the plant is HUGE. this time I wasn't all out of breath or sore or anything, like I was the last first day on the job I had there 3 years ago.
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Ahh... Sunday night... Sorry I haven't posted over the weekend, but you know what it's like: busy! I still managed to log my food and exercise.

Let's see... I'll give you a brief rundown...

Thursday night, my little one threw up in her crib... twice - as in the second time was after everything was cleaned up the first time. Hubby stayed home with her in the am, since I had a meeting, then we switched off and I stayed home with her in the afternoon. So that killed my plans to go to yoga at lunch, and get an official weigh in at the gym.

Saturday, my older daughter's ballet class was cancelled (snow related), so instead, we went to the gym (they have babysitting there, and the girls love it). So, I managed to get to my yoga class in, and get an official weigh in... drum roll, please...

Jan 1st - 159
    Jan 14th - 158
    Jan 22nd - 155 - YAY!! only 1 more pound to go for this month's challenge!

I will update my ticker after posting this.

Saturday afternoon, a friend of mine invited me to go for a walk, so I got another 45 minutes of activity there! Even with the exercise calories, I still went over on my calories for the day.

Today... hubby had arranged for his mom to babysit our girls, so that we could go out shopping and to a movie. Before we went out, I went downstairs on the treadmill for a Couch to 5k workout (Week 2, Day 1). I indulged in some movie popcorn (no butter). We went to see True Grit (kinda boring - but the popcorn was yummy). Again, over on daily calories, so I guess I'll have to work extra hard this week to be sure to lose that last pound for this month's challenge!!

Yes, the Couch to 5k has made a re-appearance again... I'm planning a trip to visit my sister, and I suggested that perhaps she could challenge me with an activity to train for, so she sent me a link to a marathon event that is going on in May - I'm thinking the 5k is certainly do-able, maybe even a 10k?!

Jenn, thanks for reminding me of the cottage cheese / pineapple combo. I haven't had that in ages. Congrats on your weigh-in. You were right - I couldn't catch up! But I'll keep trying!

Terri, I hope you are feeling better.

Tina, I agree that the fruits/veggies are more of a challenge in the winter months. But keep making the effort. I am loving bagged lettuce right now - it's the base for many different types of meal salads. Your bowling party sounds fun, Queen of the Pins!

Bru - I loved the link you posted about the same weight pics!! Very eye opening! Great idea on the random compliments - how did it go? Holy cow - Nick had a great weight loss! Give him a high-5 from me!

Kelly - wow! congrats on getting that 5k time down!! You're doing great! I may consider joining you and Bru soon. Another goal to work towards!

55tolose, come on girl - you've got to join Jenn and I at the 155 race goal line!! It's great here! You too, BJ, you're almost there!

barty - good for you for staying aware and continuing to work at staying at goal! Sometimes that's just as tough as getting there.

Michelle - wow! Great work doubling up on January's challenge!! Check out the Couch to 5k running program - it's certainly one of the best: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/index.shtml
  • kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Options
    Up a pound this week:( 155. Better try harder next week.