_HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    344e8n5.gif

1868865_o.gif
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mmxloiapfq1s1k3jho1_500.gif

Glazed?? LIke donuts? Those are healthy right? I mean.....no one can dispute that, right???

Donuts will resign you to an unhealthy life, and I urge you to eliminate or minimize their consumption.

May I introduce you to a healthy alternative? Glazed Yeast Rings:

yeasters_zps74ad3720.png

I am led to believe that these healthy glazed yeast rings come in all sorts of flavors and shapes, but this is the only handy image I have handy.

I had a glazed yeast ring with a protein shake this morning

That's worth like 20 healthy points right?
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have a serious question that has nothing to do with clean eating or eating whatever you want as long as you stay within your range.

If weight loss is an exact science of calories in vs calories out, why do plateaus happen? Shouldn't you technically just keep on losing until you reach your goal weight, as long as you keep adjusting your calories as you shrink?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I have a serious question that has nothing to do with clean eating or eating whatever you want as long as you stay within your range.

If weight loss is an exact science of calories in vs calories out, why do plateaus happen? Shouldn't you technically just keep on losing until you reach your goal weight, as long as you keep adjusting your calories as you shrink?

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html/
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Most people forget that last part. Or they start snacking without logging after extended periods of being in a deficit.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

Plateaus don't really happen though…If you plateau it goes back to you are eating at maintenance for your weight at that time. Every 10-20# lost you should reconfigure your TDEE.

Which I believe this may be discussed in one of those links skull posted for you. They really are helpful. But I might be thinking of another MFP link that discusses this.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

I'm going to quote an article from the Mayo Clinic. Link will follow for more info. :)

"A plateau occurs because your metabolism — the process of burning calories for energy — slows as you lose muscle. You burn fewer calories than you did at your heavier weight even doing the same activities. Your weight-loss efforts result in a new equilibrium with your now slower metabolism.

At this new equilibrium, calories eaten equals calories expended. This means that to lose more weight, you need to increase activity or decrease the calories you eat. Using the same approach that worked initially may maintain your weight loss, but it won't lead to more weight loss. "

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/weight-loss/in-depth/weight-loss-plateau/art-20044615
  • lwhite0503
    lwhite0503 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    In!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I want to go back and eat like they do in the wild...To be an animal. ..

302qix4.jpg

First page and I'm already busting out laughing.
    dis gon b gud
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    wtf-is-going-on-here.jpg
  • jazzie_red
    jazzie_red Posts: 180 Member
    Options

I find this question quite interesting. .. Have no clue! But it does make me go.... hmmmmmm...
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    so this thread is pretty cool
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Real mature guys...laugh it up at my weight loss struggle.
    I'm not struggling. I am doing quite well, thank you.

Is you is, or is you ain't?
  • mz_getskinny
    Options
    I totally understand water retention and fluctuations. I just know that my coworker has been working her butt off, logging everything and exercising like she has been for the last year, yet she has been at a complete stand still for over a month. I have researched the subject myself, but I was just curious about everyone's opinion...since opinions running rampant this evening I figured now would be a good time to ask :)
  • mz_getskinny
    Options

I thought I made it clear in previous posts that those were past struggles. I apologize.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    I totally understand water retention and fluctuations. I just know that my coworker has been working her butt off, logging everything and exercising like she has been for the last year, yet she has been at a complete stand still for over a month. I have researched the subject myself, but I was just curious about everyone's opinion...since opinions running rampant this evening I figured now would be a good time to ask :)

Is she measuring the food she eats with a food scale? Is she eating at maintenance or TDEE-15%? There are a lot of variables in her situation that could explain it. I'd venture to guess she's eating more than she thinks or is at maintenance because if you aren't losing weight you are not in a calorie deficit.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

I thought I made it clear in previous posts that those were past struggles. I apologize.

May we laugh at things in the past or not?
  • mz_getskinny
    Options

Is she measuring the food she eats with a food scale? Is she eating at maintenance or TDEE-15%? There are a lot of variables in her situation that could explain it. I'd venture to guess she's eating more than she thinks or is at maintenance because if you aren't losing weight you are not in a calorie deficit.

That could definitely be it. I'm not sure about her specifics, she just shares her frustrations with me at work. Thanks for your input :)
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

Hah what I posted was pretty much what I would have said myself, but most don't care about opinions so I decided to find a reputable source. :flowerforyou:

I've been lucky and even when I'd lost over 50 pounds (still mad at myself for going back to bad habits) I'd never plateaued, but I had increased my exercise and lowered my calories consumed along the way so I guess that helped me. :smile:
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Can I get some cliffnotes? Ain't nobody got time for 18 pages of this but I am so IN.