In Ketosis, but I didn't intend to be...

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Hi

If you type "A Guide to Ketosis Joseph Arcita" into your search engine I think the available information will be of interest and may answer some of your questions. I am sorry that much of the response is......... well...... what can I say....?

I hope the above is helpful and apologise for being unable to give the direct link to the site.

Best wishes & good luck.

notSureIfsrs.jpeg
  • jasati
    jasati Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi

If you type "A Guide to Ketosis Joseph Arcita" into your search engine I think the available information will be of interest and may answer some of your questions. I am sorry that much of the response is......... well...... what can I say....?

I hope the above is helpful and apologise for being unable to give the direct link to the site.

Best wishes & good luck.
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Just to help all those folks that believe the OP is able to see ketones in her urine, I have posted a visual comparison of ketosis urine and non-ketosis urine:

tgjg4j3.jpg

Really!?!? That picture helps me make so much more sense of it now!

tumblr_m8g796sn3k1qihztbo1_250.gif
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options
    Just to help all those folks that believe the OP is able to see ketones in her urine, I have posted a visual comparison of ketosis urine and non-ketosis urine:

tgjg4j3.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I totally see the difference!
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I can't be bothered reading the whole thread but i can see there are a few idiots on it.

I know why the OP has ketones in her wee. And she doesn't need to see a doctor. It is to be completely expected. Has she been eating more carbs, she would not have them but her diet must be fairly low carb.

And even if its not that low, after a while of eating lowish carbs and high fat, your body will produce them since it will turn to fat for its energy source. I also wonder if i've got ketones in my pee though i'm not even doing paleo so i probably do eat more carbs than the OP.

She probably thinks that ketogenic has to be as low as 30 or under 50 but its not the case.

Yeah, we're idiots and she doesn't need to see a doctor...

56158-Doctor-Who-10-laughing-gif-d1CI.gif

See what I did there Pika?? :laugh:
  • mcpostelle
    Options
    I can't stop laughing, I'm in for the par-tay!!!!! Yeah, have you seen a doctor?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

MattSmith.gif

How this didn't turn into a Doctor Who thread sooner is beyond me.

Okay, okay. I'm going to have to sit down and watch Dr. Who since everybody makes references to it. I'm on no-man's-island not having watched it.
  • northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options

tgjg4j3.jpg

Really!?!? That picture helps me make so much more sense of it now!

tumblr_m8g796sn3k1qihztbo1_250.gif

Glad I could help! :happy:
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I can't be bothered reading the whole thread but i can see there are a few idiots on it.

I know why the OP has ketones in her wee. And she doesn't need to see a doctor. It is to be completely expected. Has she been eating more carbs, she would not have them but her diet must be fairly low carb.

And even if its not that low, after a while of eating lowish carbs and high fat, your body will produce them since it will turn to fat for its energy source. I also wonder if i've got ketones in my pee though i'm not even doing paleo so i probably do eat more carbs than the OP.

She probably thinks that ketogenic has to be as low as 30 or under 50 but its not the case.

High-Five-Fist-Bump-GIF.gif
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I can't stop laughing, I'm in for the par-tay!!!!! Yeah, have you seen a doctor?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

MattSmith.gif

Okay, okay. I'm going to have to sit down and watch Dr. Who since everybody makes references to it. I'm on no-man's-island not having watched it.

giphy.gif

Yes. Watch it. WATCH IT. NOW!!!!

:tongue:
  • PrizePopple
    Options

High-Five-Fist-Bump-GIF.gif

And now to watch Star Trek ..... again ..... I think DH is really effing sick of me watching it. :laugh:

giphy.gif
  • mcpostelle
    Options
    Are you currently on any medication that could have caused a change in the urine?

Have you had any significant weight loss since you started noticing these symptoms?

The most common cause of oily urine is ketones in urine. These appear in individuals with uncontrolled diabetes and also during periods of starvation or a stringent dietary regimen.

Presence of oily substance in urine along with orangish or dark yellow-colored urine can be attributed to biliary disease or jaundice.

You will need to increase your intake of water and intake a minimum of 2000 ml per day.
    Avoid caffeine and alcohol.

Also ... hows your gallbladder?

She claims she's in good health, "healthy", in fact. So, diseases, kidney damage/infections, and what not are out of the equation according to OP. And assuming that she's not talking about the ketones associated with diabetes or ketoacidosis, she shouldn't be seeing ketones in her urine. Also, there are various types of proteins and others that can be filtered into the urine that shouldn't be. This all means that she should... go to the DOCTOR's. Who would've ever had thought of that!? The doctors? Man, we've been missing out on this all along. :bigsmile:
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Are you currently on any medication that could have caused a change in the urine?

Have you had any significant weight loss since you started noticing these symptoms?

The most common cause of oily urine is ketones in urine. These appear in individuals with uncontrolled diabetes and also during periods of starvation or a stringent dietary regimen.

Presence of oily substance in urine along with orangish or dark yellow-colored urine can be attributed to biliary disease or jaundice.

You will need to increase your intake of water and intake a minimum of 2000 ml per day.

She claims she's in good health, "healthy", in fact. So, diseases, kidney damage/infections, and what not are out of the equation according to OP. And assuming that she's not talking about the ketones associated with diabetes or ketoacidosis, she shouldn't be seeing ketones in her urine. Also, there are various types of proteins and others that can be filtered into the urine that shouldn't be. This all means that she should... go to the DOCTOR's. Who would've ever had thought of that!? The doctors? Man, we've been missing out on this all along. :bigsmile:

Go see a doctor?

Genius_gif.gif
  • mcpostelle
    Options

MattSmith.gif

giphy.gif

Just rub it in, why don't cha? :tongue: I'll be watching it now.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

MattSmith.gif

giphy.gif

Rubs it in....

yes+rub+it+in+rub+me+like+a+big+girldo_32473d_4245851.gif
  • northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm looking for educated advice or perhaps links to send me to some further reading on the subject. If you jump in with the dogmatic "eat more carbs" nonsense, I'll boot you from the thread.I have internet, I know how to use it, and I'm looking for more advanced input than what I can get from Yahoo Answers....

Waiting....

6BYpSr1.gif
  • PrizePopple
    Options

MattSmith.gif

giphy.gif

It's good stuff. My eldest saw a port-o-potty today (it was blue) and yelled "Look!!! It's a TARDIS!!!" .... No honey ... it's just a portable s**tter.
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm looking for educated advice or perhaps links to send me to some further reading on the subject. If you jump in with the dogmatic "eat more carbs" nonsense, I'll boot you from the thread.I have internet, I know how to use it, and I'm looking for more advanced input than what I can get from Yahoo Answers....

Waiting....

6BYpSr1.gif

:laugh:
  • mcpostelle
    Options

Go see a doctor?

Genius_gif.gif

Why thank you! Thought I'd tie in a little tag-a-long off of Dr. Who with Jim Moriarty off of Sherlock.
    giphy.gif
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    Options

tgjg4j3.jpg

One is darker
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    Options
    Also, why on earth were you doing a test for ketones when you're not trying to eat low carb? Did they have a special on random irrelevant tests at the local drugstore? If so, what other tests did you pick up?
    Exactly