In Ketosis, but I didn't intend to be...

Options

Replies

• shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Just had a thought.... I know when I'm extremely dehydrated and have an infection I can see an "oily film" when I pee.
    This. You can't always tell you have an infection.

Also, I love all of you. Today's morning workout consisted entirely of LOLz.
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    OP...if you come to the MFP forums looking for medical advice (along with yahoo answers? Seriously, who goes there for anything?), you are going to be very disappointed, because we know nothing about you. WE would have no clue about what YOUR body is doing, because the interwebs are not so transparent and we can't analyze it. Although, based on your macros, it is very possible for you to be in ketosis if your carbs are from sources that provide a lot of fiber, as the ketogenic diet only counts carbs that come from sugary or starchy sources (as I understand it- correct me if I am wrong). Replace whatever carbs you are eating with ice cream, and see if you are still in ketosis. Other than that, I got nothing.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Also, ask for your damn money back from that "chemistry degree"

^^^this
  • Tydeclare44
    Tydeclare44 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    OP...if you come to the MFP forums looking for medical advice (along with yahoo answers? Seriously, who goes there for anything?), you are going to be very disappointed, because we know nothing about you. WE would have no clue about what YOUR body is doing, because the interwebs are not so transparent and we can't analyze it. Although, based on your macros, it is very possible for you to be in ketosis if your carbs are from sources that provide a lot of fiber, as the ketogenic diet only counts carbs that come from sugary or starchy sources (as I understand it- correct me if I am wrong). Replace whatever carbs you are eating with ice cream, and see if you are still in ketosis. Other than that, I got nothing.

^This.
    Fibre relates a loooot to being in Ketosis. Also, some people can jump into slight ketosis with a higher amount of carbs than others (I've heard of some around 50 net carbs, and one extreme case was around 80 net).
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Looks like my 10 page prediction from last night is going to come true.
    Ya'll are awesome.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Lol!! I so needed a laugh this morning!

Btw, OP go see a doctor ( just encase it hasn't already been suggested!) LOL!!!!!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Looks like my 10 page prediction from last night is going to come true.
    Ya'll are awesome.

We are trudging along to make it come true. :flowerforyou:
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Lol!! I so needed a laugh this morning!

Btw, OP go see a doctor ( just encase it hasn't already been suggested!) LOL!!!!!

It hasn't. But the OP should definitely see a doctor!
  • ChefSteveUrso
    ChefSteveUrso Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I didn't know that you can see ketones, I have used ketone test strips that are available at pharmacies when I was interested in that. Maybe you should try them instead. PS being obnoxious is not a good way to start a post asking for advice.
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Oh man, yall are bad.

Ketones are visible oil bodies in the urine. You don't need to test for something you can see. But go ahead and take that pregnancy test for funsies.

You can't see ketones in your pee, sorry.

/he says to a chemist, lol
    I would rather not send a picture. But, there's oil floating around in my pee. If it's not ketones, what, pray tell, would they be?

If you were that internet savvy you would have been able to do a quick search (like I just did) and see that you can not see ketones in your pee and that the only way to know for sure whether or not they are there is to do a test for it.

Also -- go see a doctor.

(edited to fix quote issue)
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I didn't know that you can see ketones, I have used ketone test strips that are available at pharmacies when I was interested in that. Maybe you should try them instead. PS being obnoxious is not a good way to start a post asking for advice.

To be clear...you CAN'T see ketones
  • Tydeclare44
    Tydeclare44 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    ...see...ketones?
  • ChefSteveUrso
    ChefSteveUrso Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Oh, forgot this: sign up for Obamacare, then go see a Doctor! I think I'm getting into the spirit of this thing.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    I feel like this thread is going to hit 10 pages, and the OP didn't intend for it to go for 10 pages.

If she doesn't like it...

...she can just boot us from the thread.

Secret Super Mod Powers ACTIVATE

gif-funny-japanese-weird-****-668877.gif

I like that the creature has boobs.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I feel like this thread is going to hit 10 pages, and the OP didn't intend for it to go for 10 pages.

Details matter.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options

Details matter.
    Looks like a giant pill bug or "rollypolly"! I ate one of those as a child, my mom was got the shell out of my mouth but not before I sucked all the protein out of it! Lol
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Details matter.
    Looks like a giant pill bug or "rollypolly"! I ate one of those as a child, my mom was got the shell out of my mouth but not before I sucked all the protein out of it! Lol

Bugs are a source of protein. Crickets and grasshoppers especially, from what I hear.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options

Details matter.

Bugs are a source of protein. Crickets and grasshoppers especially, from what I hear.
    Toast them in coconut oil and dip them in chocolate and we have a party!
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    That is exactly the kind of "input" that I explicitly said I don't need. I have the internet, I'm not stupid. READ before replying, thanks.
    Lol. I made it 3 post before hitting gold.

I wonder how many people got the BOOT.

ETA: Maybe someone already mentioned it, maybe, but you should see a doctor.

Also, am I to late for the party? You know what I'm bringing.

tumblr_lxph7r9iJH1qj1kr3o1_250.gif

party-time.gif

ice-cream-border-icecream-10.gif

Everybodydancenowmichael.gif