In Ketosis, but I didn't intend to be...

Options

Replies

• farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I can't stop laughing, I'm in for the par-tay!!!!! Yeah, have you seen a doctor?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I feel like this thread is going to hit 10 pages, and the OP didn't intend for it to go for 10 pages.

If she doesn't like it...

...she can just boot us from the thread.

Secret Super Mod Powers ACTIVATE

gif-funny-japanese-weird-****-668877.gif

I like that the creature has boobs.

Details matter.
    Looks like a giant pill bug or "rollypolly"! I ate one of those as a child, my mom was got the shell out of my mouth but not before I sucked all the protein out of it! Lol

Bugs are a source of protein. Crickets and grasshoppers especially, from what I hear.
    Toast them in coconut oil and dip them in chocolate and we have a party!

tumblr_mn0fiqBi9p1sqcmquo1_500.gif
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I can't stop laughing, I'm in for the par-tay!!!!! Yeah, have you seen a doctor?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

MattSmith.gif

How this didn't turn into a Doctor Who thread sooner is beyond me.
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Oh man, yall are bad.

Ketones are visible oil bodies in the urine. You don't need to test for something you can see. But go ahead and take that pregnancy test for funsies.

You can't see ketones in your pee, sorry.

/he says to a chemist, lol
    I would rather not send a picture. But, there's oil floating around in my pee. If it's not ketones, what, pray tell, would they be?

No, you can't see ketones. It could have been protein that you were seeing in the urine. Protein excretion occurs with kidney problems and some infections.

Hope this helps.

^This. I didn't read the replies until after I posted.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    And finally..page 10. I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY NOW!!!
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    That is exactly the kind of "input" that I explicitly said I don't need. I have the internet, I'm not stupid. READ before replying, thanks.
    Lol. I made it 3 post before hitting gold.

I wonder how many people got the BOOT.

ETA: Maybe someone already mentioned it, maybe, but you should see a doctor.

Also, am I to late for the party? You know what I'm bringing.

tumblr_lxph7r9iJH1qj1kr3o1_250.gif

party-time.gif

ice-cream-border-icecream-10.gif

Everybodydancenowmichael.gif

4liT0.gif

280sw007883.gif
  • mcpostelle
    Options
    This thread reminds me of the chicken fat pee thread. Ahhh memories...

Please, enlighten me. :happy:

Enjoy.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/438315-when-is-a-pound-lost-and-where-does-it-go?hl=chicken+fat+pee&page=1

Fan-freaking-tastic! :bigsmile:

:huh: :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: Too funny. Glad, I kept reading the replies. :laugh:
  • mcpostelle
    Options
    Did anyone get booted yet? I can't tell, there's no kaboom or anything.

Sometimes it pays off to arrive very late to the party, this one's one of them. It's like the Christmas gift that keeps on giving when the thread has reached star status on page 4, yet there's four more pages to read. Thanks for all the contributions.

Somewhere the OP is pleased as punch that she's booted us all out of this thread with her mad internet skillz. She'll be disappointed when she hits that power button again.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mcpostelle
    Options

Nope, I think we need more pages giving out our opinions. Especially since the OP's hasn't replied yet. :wink:
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Nope, I think we need more pages giving out our opinions. Especially since the OP's hasn't replied yet. :wink:

Our next goal should be to roll this thing.
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options

tqaQlUa.gif

Just kidding, I'm totally in for the roll!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    How can you know you don't have diabetes if you haven't been to a doctor? I'm just saying if you're not on a ketogenic diet and if you're not diabetic, having ketones in your urine is not normal.
    I'm going to continue giving you advice you don't want. Go to the doctor.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

tqaQlUa.gif

High-Five-GIF-1.gif
  • northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Just to help all those folks that believe the OP is able to see ketones in her urine, I have posted a visual comparison of ketosis urine and non-ketosis urine:

tgjg4j3.jpg
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Are you currently on any medication that could have caused a change in the urine?

Have you had any significant weight loss since you started noticing these symptoms?

The most common cause of oily urine is ketones in urine. These appear in individuals with uncontrolled diabetes and also during periods of starvation or a stringent dietary regimen.

Presence of oily substance in urine along with orangish or dark yellow-colored urine can be attributed to biliary disease or jaundice.

You will need to increase your intake of water and intake a minimum of 2000 ml per day.
    Avoid caffeine and alcohol.

Also ... hows your gallbladder?
  • mcpostelle
    Options

like this? Rolling, rolling, rolling... Ah! Rolling!
    tumblr_n3uexwYxVI1s96utdo1_250.gif

:glasses: Yep, keep it rolling guys.
  • jasati
    jasati Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi

If you type "A Guide to Ketosis Joseph Arcita" into your search engine I think the available information will be of interest and may answer some of your questions. I am sorry that much of the response is......... well...... what can I say....?

I hope the above is helpful and apologise for being unable to give the direct link to the site.

Best wishes & good luck.
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options

Maybe the OP rage quit, or maybe she went to the doctor's.

tqaQlUa.gif

High-Five-GIF-1.gif
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Just to help all those folks that believe the OP is able to see ketones in her urine, I have posted a visual comparison of ketosis urine and non-ketosis urine:

tgjg4j3.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: