In Ketosis, but I didn't intend to be...

Options

Replies

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Just to help all those folks that believe the OP is able to see ketones in her urine, I have posted a visual comparison of ketosis urine and non-ketosis urine:

tgjg4j3.jpg

One is darker

Looks fine on mine... and I do photo editing.
  • northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hell hath no fury like the calorie deficient.

JBZvluMgOwW4.gif
  • northbanu
    Options
    Just to help all those folks that believe the OP is able to see ketones in her urine, I have posted a visual comparison of ketosis urine and non-ketosis urine:

tgjg4j3.jpg

One is darker

mcMNAiDvn9tTO.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

tgjg4j3.jpg

One is darker

105144d1393963889-rebuild-all-salvage-miatas-*kitten*-notsurehusky-jpg
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options

tgjg4j3.jpg

One is darker

mcMNAiDvn9tTO.gif

Clearly, you should have taken a picture of a toilet bowl with urine in it, and then squirted some cooking oil, taken a picture of that and then done the side-by-side. This was too complicated for some. =)
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I can't stop laughing, I'm in for the par-tay!!!!! Yeah, have you seen a doctor?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

MattSmith.gif

How this didn't turn into a Doctor Who thread sooner is beyond me.

Okay, okay. I'm going to have to sit down and watch Dr. Who since everybody makes references to it. I'm on no-man's-island not having watched it.

giphy.gif

Yes. Watch it. WATCH IT. NOW!!!!

:tongue:

Just rub it in, why don't cha? :tongue: I'll be watching it now.

Rubs it in....

yes+rub+it+in+rub+me+like+a+big+girldo_32473d_4245851.gif

Sulks...

tumblr_m0m9txbg8B1qdtznt.gif
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Not really sure I should be answering as you've not been that pleasant to people who've given you advice already.

Ketones can be present in your urine if you've not had carbs for a good few hours. I'd still say 30% carbs constitutes low-carb though :/

You can't actually see ketones btw.

Not what you want to hear but if you are in ketosis and don't want to be - eat some carbs. If you've done that and are still in ketosis and don't want to be - see a doctor (or spend more time on the internet, whatever.)
  • mcpostelle
    Options

tgjg4j3.jpg

One is darker

Honey, it's supposed to be. And, why so serious, love?

tumblr_mia8or0i0l1rbv8zzo2_500.gif
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I love when people think they need to restrict carbs to such a low level to lose weight. I eat like 200-300g carbs a day and I'm 69lbs down

oh and Op... go to a doctor WHILE eating carbs.. Oh yeah I said it.

4PlQ9u5.jpg
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    Options

tgjg4j3.jpg

One is darker

Honey, one's supposed to be.

omgtooreal.tumblr.com

Yes definitely darker
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    Options

tgjg4j3.jpg

One is darker

Honey, one's supposed to be.

omgtooreal.tumblr.com

Yes definitely darker

I better head to the docs
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the thread, but has anyone brought up the idea that maybe the OP should see a doctor if she's peeing oil?
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    That is exactly the kind of "input" that I explicitly said I don't need. I have the internet, I'm not stupid. READ before replying, thanks.

...Rude.
  • mcpostelle
    Options

tgjg4j3.jpg

Really!?!? That picture helps me make so much more sense of it now!

tumblr_m8g796sn3k1qihztbo1_250.gif

Glad I could help! :happy:

Oh, thank you!
    giphy.gif

Too bad the bar graph was too simply simplified for some.

giphy.gif
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Are you currently on any medication that could have caused a change in the urine?

Have you had any significant weight loss since you started noticing these symptoms?

The most common cause of oily urine is ketones in urine. These appear in individuals with uncontrolled diabetes and also during periods of starvation or a stringent dietary regimen.

Presence of oily substance in urine along with orangish or dark yellow-colored urine can be attributed to biliary disease or jaundice.

You will need to increase your intake of water and intake a minimum of 2000 ml per day.
    Avoid caffeine and alcohol.

Also ... hows your gallbladder?

Copied directly from the first link that pops up when you google "oil in urine".

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Urology/OILY-SUBSTANCE-IN-URINE/show/566387

Srsly.
  • northbanu
    Options
    All roads should have lead OP back to bed...

Though perhaps I missed a scenario.

fgWByIP.jpg
  • andeey
    Options
    Are you currently on any medication that could have caused a change in the urine?

Have you had any significant weight loss since you started noticing these symptoms?

The most common cause of oily urine is ketones in urine. These appear in individuals with uncontrolled diabetes and also during periods of starvation or a stringent dietary regimen.

Presence of oily substance in urine along with orangish or dark yellow-colored urine can be attributed to biliary disease or jaundice.

You will need to increase your intake of water and intake a minimum of 2000 ml per day.
    Avoid caffeine and alcohol.

Also ... hows your gallbladder?

Copied directly from the first link that pops up when you google "oil in urine".

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Urology/OILY-SUBSTANCE-IN-URINE/show/566387

Srsly.

3G0KjIo.gif
  • mcpostelle
    Options

fgWByIP.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Too funny! Did you make this? Mad skillz there! :happy:
  • northbanu
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Too funny! Did you make this? Mad skillz there! :happy:

Nope. Found it stock on imgur

:wink: :wink: :wink:
  • andeey
    Options

fgWByIP.jpg

cq0DEdA.gif