In Ketosis, but I didn't intend to be...

Options

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Hello. is this thing on?
    I guess not.

maybe LIPURIA, maybe CHYLURIA. Even proteinuria may result in filming.

It's likely NOT diabetic ketoacidosis. When is that ever asymptomatic?

offtopic: but, sweet, you made the data download thing from MFP to excel?

Yep. Jack of all trades, master of none. Thanks!
  • northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hello. is this thing on?
    I guess not.

LOL. I heard ya, and couldn't agree more. Chyle was my guess, but hell, what do I know?

Oh, and I just found you're excel export tool for MFP looks awesome and thanks! (Just grabbed it)
  • northbanu
    Options
    Hello. is this thing on?
    I guess not.

offtopic: but, sweet, you made the data download thing from MFP to excel?

DAMN IT ZACH!
  • kellysg12
    kellysg12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi OP! I know this thread has gotten a little out of hand, but I wanted to put my two cents in. These people have no idea what they're talking about! If you know your body and think you're in ketosis and you're sure you're just seeing ketones in your urine see a f***ing doctor.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options
    Hello. is this thing on?
    I guess not.

LOL. I heard ya, and couldn't agree more. Chyle was my guess, but hell, what do I know?

Oh, and I just found you're excel export tool for MFP looks awesome and thanks! (Just grabbed it)

Here is the funny thing - eat some eggs, urinate an hour to two afterwards without drinking much, let urine sit fro 5 minutes. Instant oily film. That's excess albumin. Normal.

It shouldn't be visible at urination in a normal diet with sufficient water intake as the micelles remain in emulsion. Separation is both concentration, temperature and mixing dependent. Micelle stacking is the bomb.
  • northbanu
    Options
    Micelle stacking is the bomb.

Aww hell yeah. I been sayin' that for years!

(nope, never said it once, and it only makes vague sense to me)

:laugh:
  • northbanu
    Options
    Hi OP! I know this thread has gotten a little out of hand, but I wanted to put my two cents in. These people have no idea what they're talking about! If you know your body and think you're in ketosis and you're sure you're just seeing ketones in your urine see a f***ing doctor.

Hmmm... ya don't say...

Edited to tone down my indignation.
  • hortensehildegarde
    Options
    OP if you come back can you share your recipe for arugula potato soup? it sounds yummy
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Oh man. That chicken fat thread. Awesome :laugh:
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Ha this thread is aces, although it has gotten a little serious so here's some more Charlie Sheen

200.gif
  • trinatrina1984
    Options
    Ahh what the ...

200.gif
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I can't be bothered reading the whole thread but i can see there are a few idiots on it.

I know why the OP has ketones in her wee. And she doesn't need to see a doctor. It is to be completely expected. Has she been eating more carbs, she would not have them but her diet must be fairly low carb.

And even if its not that low, after a while of eating lowish carbs and high fat, your body will produce them since it will turn to fat for its energy source. I also wonder if i've got ketones in my pee though i'm not even doing paleo so i probably do eat more carbs than the OP.

She probably thinks that ketogenic has to be as low as 30 or under 50 but its not the case.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    i am totally in KETOSIS i am cracking up so hard.

it seriously put me in ketosis.

thats how ketosis works right?

ketones!

ps. op, see a doctor. or dont.
  • trinatrina1984
    Options
    This is how OP views herself:

breaking-bad-coffee.jpg

Reality:

tumblr_inline_mt8ds6Tchu1qd66dt.gif

chuck-norris-approves-o.gif
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options
    Micelle stacking is the bomb.

Aww hell yeah. I been sayin' that for years!

(nope, never said it once, and it only makes vague sense to me)

:laugh:
    a list of videos on micelles and liposomes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ILSsW3tXr8&list=PLCGvKoXd8XYY726hk1hc538PZQtV4EvGH

lipids are what cell walls are made up of.
    in many transport situations like digestion - very small balls of lipids are necessary to transport proteins, fat and certain nutrients to the liver. These are called liposomes and made from little micelle balls and are biophysical magic. Think of tiny drops of oil becoming basketballs to carry food, etc.. to cells.

What I find fascinating is how micelles form - then create bilipid layers - or films spontaneously depending on pH, etc.

In the case of lipids in urine that sits - its the unfolding to make films and aggregate layers that is interesting - going from an emulsion to separated solution.

(yeah, I'm weird)
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Ketones are visible oil bodies in the urine. You don't need to test for something you can see.

Err, no. You can't "see" the trace levels of acetoacetate in urine, though you might be able to smell them. They aren't oily, either.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    This thread reminds me of the chicken fat pee thread. Ahhh memories...

Please, enlighten me. :happy:

Enjoy.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/438315-when-is-a-pound-lost-and-where-does-it-go?hl=chicken+fat+pee&page=1

That thread is pure comedy gold! I love when the crazies get to a thread first!
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Did anyone get booted yet? I can't tell, there's no kaboom or anything.

Sometimes it pays off to arrive very late to the party, this one's one of them. It's like the Christmas gift that keeps on giving when the thread has reached star status on page 4, yet there's four more pages to read. Thanks for all the contributions.