In Ketosis, but I didn't intend to be...

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    IN4 getting "the boot"

OP?

36cc5_ORIG-waiting_for_op.jpg

I want this boot!!!

das+boot.jpg

das-boot-o.gif
  • northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm just here to steal all the GIFs.

Also... this thread.... what a time to be alive.

Yeah, I remember exactly where I was the day this thread was started.... *sigh*
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Well think op has gone to bed.....guess I'll go to. Goodnight all.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I need OP to come back and be all mad and give us the boot. I'm avoiding going to bed at a decent hour (again) because there's potentially amusing things happening... that could go *poof*.
  • PrizePopple
    Options
    I need OP to come back and be all mad and give us the boot. I'm avoiding going to bed at a decent hour (again) because there's potentially amusing things happening... that could go *poof*.

no worries. im saving it all

This is a pretty awesome thread.
  • BadWolf_Rose
    BadWolf_Rose Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ah hell, I forgot how to post pictures. :/
  • PrizePopple
    Options

You had it almost right ... lowercase on the "img"
  • northbanu
    Options

You had it right, just use lower case img
  • BadWolf_Rose
    Options
    2ihb52w.gif

And here..we... go.
  • BadWolf_Rose
    Options
    Also, thank you @PrizePopple & @northbanu :)
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Now that I've re-read the OP's post and read through the commentary...I can't stop comparing the gross toilet bowl description to those Blingee things you used to be able to make online for your Myspace page.

All I can imagine is a shiny mess now.
    Love_Blingee_by_Helenthehedgehog.gif
  • Rain203
    Rain203 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Any diet that is excessively carb restricted for an extended period of time will produce an accumulation of ketone bodies in blood and urine. Usually diets that are high fat and high protein can cause this. It sounds to me that is the type of diet you are eating. Just check with a doctor to make sure your blood pH doesn't become to low and you have no underlying medical condition.
  • PrizePopple
    Options
    Now that I've re-read the OP's post and read through the commentary...I can't stop comparing the gross toilet bowl description to those Blingee things you used to be able to make online for your Myspace page.

Hot pink shiny mess...

nUuQKchl.jpg
  • BadWolf_Rose
    Options

2qiclll.jpg
  • northbanu
    Options
    Any diet that is excessively carb restricted for an extended period of time will produce an accumulation of ketone bodies in blood and urine. Usually diets that are high fat and high protein can cause this. It sounds to me that is the type of diet you are eating. Just check with a doctor to make sure your blood pH doesn't become to low and you have no underlying medical condition.

Not that it matters anymore, as the OP has bailed, BUT......

Ketones are produced when there is a restriction of carbs AND a minimum of protein. Protein must be maintained at reasonable levels because EXCESS protein will be converted to to glucose. Someone wishing to build muscle will be able to eat more protein because the protein will be used to increase/repair muscle, thus limiting the amount of extra protein.

Ketosis is not a result of a high fat diet, it is the result of a low carb diet and proper amounts of protein.

It is not a high protein diet.

I also take umbrage at "excessive carb restriction". The body does not NEED carbs
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    you probably should see a doctor though

+1
  • kerrymaas
    kerrymaas Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ketosis is the abnormal accumulation of ketones in the body as a result of excessive breakdown of fats caused by a deficiency or inadequate use of carbohydrates. Fatty acids are metabolized instead, and the end products, ketones, begin to accumulate. This condition is seen in starvation, occasionally in pregnancy if the intake of protein and carbohydrates is inadequate, and most frequently in diabetes mellitus. It is characterized by ketonuria, loss of potassium in the urine, and a fruity odor of acetone on the breath. Untreated, ketosis may progress to ketoacidosis, coma, and death.
    I would assume, if you are not pregnant or diabetic you are in starvation mode...maybe increase your caloric intake; once your body goes into starvation mode it will store anything you eat as fat as a way to protect itself. This isn't a mode you want to be in...it will make weight loss very difficult.