lost 34.4 pounds (underwear pics, sorry!) 165.5 to 131.2

Options
hi everyone, this is my first post but i've been stalking this board since that start of my journey Aug 11, 2010. i'm 24, married for 1 year and finally realized i want to be the HOT WIFE and not the frumpy wife. i'm 5'7.5 and started at 165.5 pounds. i'm now at my GOAL WEIGHT WAHOO!!!!! (actually i'm about 4 pounds below) and i feel awesome. i couldn't have done it without myfitnesspal! and reading all of your success stories and pictures (that's definitely what kept me going!). so, here are my pics (i figure undies are no worse than a bikini so ehh)

v4p5jp.jpg

30u30xg.jpg

theses pics were of me at about 164. i didn't take starting pics cause i was grossed out at my lumpyness!

2rehdn7.jpg

5e8voh.jpg

n44rs.jpg

the biggest loss i've noticed is in my legs (who knew they could be so thin!) and in my face/neck. i still feel like i could lose a little in my hips BUT i'm afraid it will come off other places first and i'm not up for losing another 10 pounds to get 1 inch off my waist. this website definitely shows us how it is a LIFESTYLE change, not just a diet. i have had chocolate EVERY SINGLE DAY since beginning my journey, and drink a bottle of wine a WEEK (now in a night now) and i've also still eaten out once a week as well but i make sure i'm eating a healthier meal or not eating the entire thing. now onto maintaining, which is a scary thing...

Replies

• driscollmc
    Options
    oh my god, you look GREAT!! you're actually the same height as me, and i want to get down around where you are soon. it's actually cool to see what someone's body looks like for where i want to be and now i'm super excited!! congrats again!
  • debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    That's a great job! You look amazing!!! I started at 163 (maybe 164, not sure, I go with 163, because it's 1 pound difference) and am currently down to 157 (as of yesterday morning, 6 pounds gone!) and hope to get down somewhere around 125-130! But I'm 5'3, not 5'7 lol Feel free to check out my "before" pictures.

I'm doing P90X and watching what I eat and calorie counting, but not being super-strict on diet (hard to do when you cook for yourself and a husband)
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    wow you've done a great job! you looked good before but wow! good job!!!
    and yeah once i get to the maintaining part im kinda frightened too!! eeek!
  • urang3l
    Options
    OMG! you give me the confidence to continue ! Congrats!!!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Excellent work my dear. You look great. Course we can't see the differences in the face and neck because your camera was blocking :tongue:

but we'll take your word for it. :wink:

Ahh, to have the metabolism I had at 24 again, just for a month, I'd be Dan O'Brien circa 2006

7878f797f9fe70faba9143dcb8496234.jpg
  • shawty55
    Options
    YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL, YOU SHOULD MODEL. You look absolutely stunning. Your stomach is AWESOME!
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hello Hour Glass!!!:drinker:

I'm so glad you posted!! Congrats!!!
    Make lots of friends and stick around!! =)
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    You look incredible. Seriously, so hot. I'm proud of you!! (and wish that I wasn't so shortwaisted so that it was physically possible for me to have your waistline!! :wink:)

Congratulations!! :flowerforyou:
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    hi everyone, this is my first post but i've been stalking this board since that start of my journey Aug 11, 2010. i'm 24, married for 1 year and finally realized i want to be the HOT WIFE and not the frumpy wife. i'm 5'7.5 and started at 165.5 pounds. i'm now at my GOAL WEIGHT WAHOO!!!!! (actually i'm about 4 pounds below) and i feel awesome. i couldn't have done it without myfitnesspal! and reading all of your success stories and pictures (that's definitely what kept me going!). so, here are my pics (i figure undies are no worse than a bikini so ehh)

v4p5jp.jpg

30u30xg.jpg

theses pics were of me at about 164. i didn't take starting pics cause i was grossed out at my lumpyness!

2rehdn7.jpg

5e8voh.jpg

n44rs.jpg

the biggest loss i've noticed is in my legs (who knew they could be so thin!) and in my face/neck. i still feel like i could lose a little in my hips BUT i'm afraid it will come off other places first and i'm not up for losing another 10 pounds to get 1 inch off my waist. this website definitely shows us how it is a LIFESTYLE change, not just a diet. i have had chocolate EVERY SINGLE DAY since beginning my journey, and drink a bottle of wine a WEEK (now in a night now) and i've also still eaten out once a week as well but i make sure i'm eating a healthier meal or not eating the entire thing. now onto maintaining, which is a scary thing...

We are the same height and I would love to get down to where you are right now. I am about 14 lbs away from getting there. I have a pretty small frame so I feel even at 145ish I have a little too much excess right now! I've been married for 3 months now and I some times feel my husband can be my biggest saboteur. I know its not intentional but I have very little will power and he loves to eat sweets and drink LOTS of wine! Which are two of my definite weaknesses.
  • willow_watson
    Options
    seriously, thank you guys so much for your wonderful compliments! i know i loved seeing other be successful and that's what was the MOST IMPORTANT thing in my journey, seeing that it could absolutely be done. i still plan on logging every single day, making wise food choices (and some bad choices to keep myself happy and on track!) and continuing exercising 3-4x weekly in order to stay HEALTHY and fit.
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    WTG, you look great!
  • jeebsah
    Options
    Good job! I bet shopping for new clothes is much more enjoyable now. Thanks for sharing your success with us.
  • jeebsah
    Options
    Good job! I bet shopping for new clothes is much more enjoyable now. Thanks for sharing your success with us.
  • OGFleabag
    OGFleabag Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! congratulations!
  • FitnessTim
    FitnessTim Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    At first I thought the picture on top was your success picture but then I scrolled down and was really impressed. Great work.

Normally, posting pictures in your underwear is not appropriate but here in MFP showing your progress is what it is all about. I also feel shy about posting shirtless pictures but I can't talk about losing fat without showing what I'm dealing with.

As for maintaining you can try setting new goals. Now that your body fat is relatively low you could maybe focus on weight training. You are about as close to perfect as a person can expect to get but you could develop some more muscle without compromising your feminine figure. I'm not saying you need to, but having additional goals can keep you from gaining back fat.
  • Allison128
    Allison128 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    YOu look absolutely beautiful and HOT! congrats!
  • willow_watson
    Options
    At first I thought the picture on top was your success picture but then I scrolled down and was really impressed. Great work.

Normally, posting pictures in your underwear is not appropriate but here in MFP showing your progress is what it is all about. I also feel shy about posting shirtless pictures but I can't talk about losing fat without showing what I'm dealing with.

As for maintaining you can try setting new goals. Now that your body fat is relatively low you could maybe focus on weight training. You are about as close to perfect as a person can expect to get but you could develop some more muscle without compromising your feminine figure. I'm not saying you need to, but having additional goals can keep you from gaining back fat.

yeah i definitely think i could work on gaining some muscle, as i'm not sure losing fat is a feasable goal anymore since i may start to look like a scary person. to gain muscle should i decrease my cardio workouts? (i have been doing 30-45 minutes 4x weekly) and just focus on spending time doing weights? i'm not really sure how to even lift weights, how much i should do, how many reps. i've been doing 2 reps of 12 at a weight that hurts by the time i'm done and i def don't feel like i could do another but is that enough? should i get p90x? take strength classes at the gym?
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    you look awesome!!!! so motivating...good luck on maintaining :-)
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Ugh! Okay, you are SOOOO my inspiration, cuz I started out at 161!!!
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    You were a HOT wife before but now you are absolutely stunning! I thought your first pics were your success pics too, then I scrolled down. You have a beautiful curvy slim and sexy body and you should be proud of all your hard work! Congrats on sticking with it and getting the results you want!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!