200+ Recommitting for the New Year!

Options

Replies

• Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd stop by and check in for the day! It's Wednesday, yay! I spent the whole day in meetings and that means I brought home a laptop and will be working on my presentation tonight/tomorrow morning. How exciting. Got in a good workout today, although the spaghetti for supper was pretty calorie-tastic. Tasted okay, though, and my husband didn't feel up to making anything more strenuous. I at least made sure to pair with veggies, and the rest of my food choices for the day weren't bad.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    sarahthes: Last night was "taco salad" night in our house mostly because it just involved throwing together black beans, lettuce and condiments for a salad. Today I shall actually have to cook. Blah.

Kendal: Bored is an improvement over sick, right?

Lacey: I've always wanted to look in to the 30 min shred, I think they'd be great for the mornings.

Deb: Yay for being back down in weight! Boo for being tired. I dragged through the entire day Wednesday feeling beaten and exhausted.

I think today will be a better day than yesterday. The sun is already out (it's not quite 8 am) so it almost feels like spring is coming. My scale is still being pissy at me but not as bad as yesterday so I still have hopes of some kind of loss this week. (Yeah, I TOTALLY blame it on the scale!) Have a great day peeps!
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Where is everybody??
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I'm lurking.

I will say this....the 75 minute work outs are kicking. my. *kitten*. this week. Damn! Two more to go and a hard lessoned learned to not slack. At least I'm sticking to my goals though and I'm proud of it because tis the first time I've really stuck it out on MFP.

Amy apparently there are work out vids on On Demand on my cable so I'm gonna check it out...but Im pretty sure I'm going to pick up the 30 day shred video too and just do it.
  • KaeChelle
    Options
    Hey everyone. I have been sick. I went to bed early last night. Woke up long enough to call my boss this morning to tell her I wasn't going in, then I have slept all day til now.

I haven't exercised all week. I normally weigh on fridays, but I think I'm going to wait til Monday this time.

Hope you all are doing great!
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I am having a really great week! I have been tracking and weighing and measuring everything, something I have no done in many months consistently.

Kristina, I forgot to put my weight in last week and the week before because I was so bummed I didn't want to think about it. Both weeks I was 200 lbs even. So you can add that to the chart if you would like. I know how it is trying to get back to your routine. I think constantly reassessing is the key.

When I posted my big post last week on the forums I have stuck to what I said and it really really gave me the boost I needed. I have had a great week but don't want to ruin the surprise of how much I have lost until tomorrow, let me just tell you its significant. I have not exercised this week due to my husband being out of the country and having no one to take over my kids while I go to the gym, but thats ok, ill get back at it next week. Actually I'm scared to get back to it even though I want to work out more than anything because I seem to loose weight when I do not exercise and end up at a stand still when I do. *shrugs*

Also, I went to get the ring I got in november resized this week. It was a 9.25, and now a 7.5! Holy crap I about fell over when that size fit me, I was never smaller than an 8 and for the past 15 years have been a 9+

Lacy: You are doing great at being consistant with your workout! I commend you for that. Great job sticking with things, its admirable.

Amy: I am here, I'm always reading the posts I just dont have much to say too often, trying to get better at that though. I wish the sun would come out here...winter is really depressing, especially because around here there are not many sunny days in the winter, lots of cloud. I hope the scale is kind to you this week.

Sarah: Nicely done on the workout. When I have spaghetti I usually just fill my place with 3/4 salad and 1/4 spaghetti, usually works out pretty good calorie wise. I also noticed you are just about under the 100 lbs left to lose mark. I remember being excited not to see triple digits still to go on MFP. Way to go!

Kendal: I get bored a lot too, its why I end up reading so many posts lol. I hope your X is not stalking you, thats freaky! Be nice if he would just leave you alone. :(

Debra: Ya for making it back to 215 I have weeks where I take it lightly as well as long as you always refocus when you feel your getting too far from where you need to be everything will work out.

Anyways, I'll be back tomorrow to weigh in, I know its a loss this week, I'm so excited to tell you have much, yay!

Victoria: I wish I had a bugg! Do you find its helping at all? I hope your having a blast on your trip!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Just a quick post, I need to get busy this morning...but wanted you to know that I appreciate each and everyone of you sharing your struggles and all of your encouragement...it really keeps me going!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Kim, I can feel your energy....You go girl!!

Lacey, I got a new video that I have been doing this week, it's called "yogini", with the instructor Ellen Barret...I love it, it's only 43 minutes and it's yoga with a little cardio...it feels amazing, kinda works tummy hips and abs. I got it on amazon for around $13. I love the side stretches and it also really stretches out the lower back...which is always really tight on me, by the end I feel great and also work up a pretty good sweat, not a big calorie burn, but I love it....just thought I'd tell ya, I have shred too and that's a good one too, she really gets the heart rate up quick!!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Deb- I will check out yogini, sounds great!!!

Well I am not going to finish my challenge of 1800 minutes on time. I still have 156 or so to go. I didn't work out last night, went out to pizza and didn't track cals.
    This coming week I need to decide what my new challenge for the new time frame will be. I do know that I am going to start juicing again and get my diet back on track.
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Well after a week of being completely focused I have weighed in. I am now 196.5 lbs a loss of 3.5 lbs this week! OMG, I feel great and like I finally accomplished what I set out to this week. Oh and can you say hello Onderland! I have not been here for 15 Years! 2 months at hovering between 202 and 200 and finally with one week of total commitment to my goal I have gotten there. Can you tell I'm over the moon?! Next goal is my halfway to goal weight, which is 193 lbs, not too far off if I can stay focused like this. I will post updated body shots later I have to go take them. Be back later, thank you all for you support over this past 10 months.
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    Well after a week of being completely focused I have weighed in. I am now 196.5 lbs a loss of 3.5 lbs this week! OMG, I feel great and like I finally accomplished what I set out to this week. Oh and can you say hello Onderland! I have not been here for 15 Years! 2 months at hovering between 202 and 200 and finally with one week of total commitment to my goal I have gotten there. Can you tell I'm over the moon?! Next goal is my halfway to goal weight, which is 193 lbs, not too far off if I can stay focused like this. I will post updated body shots later I have to go take them. Be back later, thank you all for you support over this past 10 months.
    !!!
    That is FANTASTIC!!!!! SO happy for you!!!!
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Congrats kimmrdodge! Yep, I'm pretty excited to be into double digits soon.

I'm pretty sure I accidentally went under 1200 net on calories yesterday... I record my lunch and snacks before I go in to work and realized when I got to work this morning that a couple of my snacks were still sitting on my desk. Oops! Things were hectic at work yesterday--they laid off the receptionist/junior admin and since I was once receptioninst, I'm taking some of her duties over (but not reception itself--more the general admin stuff). So it's not surprising I forgot to stop and have my snack. Today was busy too and I only ate one of my snacks and not the other, but I'm definitely not going under today because I'm having cheesecake later tonight. It might be a small piece, but still... CHEESECAKE.

Not sure what my new goal is going to be. I should hit roughly 240 by Sunday/Monday, if I'm lucky and not too bloated from TOM. Looking at my rings and how puffy my hands are I am retaining water already, though.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Hi all. I weighed in at 211.2 (exactly the same as last week). I was really pissed about it yesterday because I stuck with my exercise and healthy eating all week but I've mostly gotten over it today. I know that I'm shrinking. My rings are starting to fall off my fingers and I found my collar bones the other day. I can't really complain (but I want to since I did "everything" right this past week and nothing happened). I'm gonna let it go. I think I've lost over 8 pounds total on this challenge which is the best showing I've had in a challenge so far- I'm good with that. I also got the mostly great news yesterday that Travis' deployment to Iraq scheduled for later this year was canceled. I was Uber happy about that until he told me that now his name goes in to a pot for filling in on short notice deployments. :grumble: And they DO mean short notice. A girl he works with found out yesterday that she's deploying in 2 weeks. She had to cancel her wedding reception and everything. So, he isn't going to Iraq in July like planned but he'll probably end up going somewhere and on short notice. I guess it was a good news/bad news kinda thing.

sarahthes: I hate when work days get so hectic you forget to eat. Enjoy your cheesecake.

Kimm: Congrats on the weight loss and being under 200. That's freaking awesome!

Lacey: I've often considered juicing but I kind of don't know where to start. What do you juice? Do you still get the fiber of the fruits/vegetables? Do you replace a meal with juice or just augment your diet with it? How does it work for you?

Deb: Yogini sounds interesting, I'll have to look into it. I used to think that yoga wasn't "real" enough exercise but I think that was just because I hadn't really done it. It's HARD! I did YogaX yesterday and it kind of amazed me that even though I was just moving around a tiny yoga mat, I was sweating like a pig, my muscles were shaking and my heart rate was up (not like, cardio-style up, but definitely elevated). Yoga is real exercise.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Happy saturday!! We need a new thread and a new challenge name but we are all do busy these past couple of weeks!! Since this upcoming challenge ends in march...what about "marching forward for fitness!"?

Amy I think the base is apple, cucumber, carrot and celery. But you can really do anything. I'm not sure how the whole fiber thing plays out, but I know its almost like a jolt of fresh energy when you drink it. I'm going to juice in the morning when I get up to do my shred DVD starting Monday.
    that sucks about travis's deployment.

Well Gracie had th flu lasst night so we were up three times cleaning up puke. Grossssssssssssss. I need to get to the gym today and Clean the house up a bit. We were going to go see gnomeo and Juliet tonight but we 'll have to see how shes feeling.
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    Lacey, I hope Gracie is feeling better..... take care of yourself too!!

Amy, I am really lovin this new dvd...actually it is something I would like to transition into as daily, regular exercise. This one really stretches my back out for me and I just feel really good afterwards. I am glad I treated myself. I really enjoyed it with p90x, but it was just way to long and it didn't flow for me as much as I like this one....but my hubby likes tony better...
  • dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    hi everyone. i too have been lurking. i weighed in this morning at 237.5 officially. i lost 1.5 pounds this week. i am definitely please with that. i set a goal of 5 pounds for this challenge and not only did i reach it but i exceeded it. yay! i lost 8.5 pounds this challenge. well gotta get back to work. see yall later.

why is it so quiet this weekend?

lacey: i thike the name for the next challenge!!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Spent most of my day cooking or prepping dinners for the week, my feet hurt. I don't know what the deal is with my feet lately.

Anyways I've got my 30day shred DVD in and my 5 lbs weights next to the tv so I can get up at 5am (ohlord) and get my endorphins going. Then after work I will go and do 45 minutes of cardio.

Amy I juiced the following stuff and got two cups of juice...with some super fine pulp in it, so you definitely get fiber:
    1 apple, 1.5 celery stick, 1/3 English cucumber, 1 carrot, 1 blood orange.

It took me about two plus hours to drink it all and it filled me up..I didn't need a lunch. Im going to go for half that tomorrow morning and see how it treats me.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Good morning ladies. For the past couple of weeks, I've had a hard time checking in here on Sundays and I see that I'm not alone. This board has been super-quiet! I hope you are all off having adventures. Me: not-so-much. I spent most of my weekend running errands and watching Spartacus: Blood and Sand (a friend lent us the first season and it's really good, once you get over all the boobies).

Lacey: What kind of juicer do you have? Good luck with getting up at 5am to exercise. That makes me tired just thinking about it but it's soooo great to start your day with the blood pumping - it makes the rest of the day go smoother!

Amber: Congrats on the loss!

Deb: I'm glad you are liking your yoga DVD! I have recently begun doing an AM/PM yoga DVD as well as an AM/PM meditation DVD and they really make me feel energized. Not really very exercisy but they limber me up and make me feel relaxed and happy.
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    Happy Valentine"s Day!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I'm still around. No clue what I weighed this week and I really don't care. I'm still sick. Not as bad as I was, but still coughing up crap. TOM is supposed to show up this week. I think I'm going to skip exercising this week too. I've been eating whatever I want all week....thats another reason its so easy to not weigh myself lately.

Hope everyone has a lovely Valentine's Day! Even though its most common to focus only on that "special someone" in your life, take time to appreciate all the friends and family who love you too.

.......its 9am....can I have a nap now?
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Kendal: Just focus on getting better and then you can worry about getting exercise and stuff. And definitely stay away from the scale.

I did my KenpoX for my real exercise but I also did 20 min of AM Yoga and another 20 min of AM meditation and then followed the Kenpo with AM Tai Chi. The result of all that was a really relaxed start to my day and the ability to keep my shi# together when Gabriel lost his at several points during the day.