200+ Recommitting for the New Year!

Options

Replies

• akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Kendal- doing anything is better than nothing. Perhaps your gym won't be horrid. Even if all you do is your Wii, it's still better than not exercising at all. MOVE IT, chicka!

Christina- interesting thought about doing a challenge during BL commercials. Something like doing some sort of exercise during each of those intervals? I'm a a DVR watcher-- I always join the show late in progress, so I'm able to skip ahead, but those who watch it live, that can be a great idea. Nice job reaching your goals yesterday. It's okay to eat more than expected for breakfast. Remember, it's better to front load your calories versus eating more towards the end of the day. I love popcorn as well. Definitely a fan of the 100 calorie packs. Perfect amount and with some i can't believe it's not butter spray on top? Perfect!

Hcmsunshine- welcome! I'm glad you're back on the train to lose weight. Depression can really put a damper on anything, and it's extremely hard to motivate yourself to exercise, when you don't want to do anything--- even enjoyable. The good news is it's proven that "behavioral activation", such as exercise is a major mood lifter. I've struggled with low-moderate level depression for many many years, and a consistent exercise routine has improved my baseline mood greatly. Think of it as a natural antidepressant.

Victoria- nice job on the run. I really want to get one in today and see how painful it is. I haven't run in a month, and while I was pretty speedy for my 5K, I'm out of shape (it doesn't take long!). Will be curious to see how fast I can go. Only planning 2-3, but certainly need to start upping the distance again soon for our half (excited to run with you again!!). Get that eating in line!
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Kendal: I hear ya about the Wii, I often write it off as "not worth it" but it's a helluva lot better than nothing. I also miss jogging outside. I see people here do it but they must have some kind of German voo doo that I don't have because everything is iced over (sidewalks, streets and trails). I slip & slide when out walking my dog in the snow, I would kill myself if I attempted to run in it! I'm excited for you to get you P90X!!!!!

Christina: Way to go on cutting back on your coffee and meeting your other daily goals! I've never tried popping corn in a paper bag - how cool is that?!?! I'd take you up on your BL challenge but I live in Germany so I have to find the newest episodes of BL on the Internet the week after they air and their are no commercials. But enjoy the show for me!

Sunshine: Welcome! I know how debilitating depression can be. I was on medication for depression for several years. I'm glad you've gotten help and the medication you need.

Victoria: I am coveting your falafel! I have a great (and not too high calorie) falafel recipe but I'd need to get fresh herbs from the store and bust out my food processor....maybe next week... WTG on the running! I hate the treadmill but it's a necessary evil in wintery places (I just spent the past 5 years in California and got used to NOT using the treadmill...Germany is definitely more wintery than CA!)

I got a walk with the dog in this morning, did Yoga X (SOOOO HARD!) and then did a bit of rowing on the rowing machine. My everything is sore for starting back up on P90X and I'm already looking forward to a rest day :). Have a great one!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    OMFG LMFAO!!! For those of you who are my FB friends, you can see the pic...I got a present from a mining customer located in South Africa today! A personal facial care micro-trim groomer...aka nose hair trimmer!!! I am DYING LAUGHING!

Ahhh...I totally needed that!
  • _Sarah_
    _Sarah_ Posts: 63
    Options
    Great job everyone!

Day two of the 30 day shred. I had an easier time today with the cardio side of it but my arms are killing me! Just goes to show that I've been using less of my upper body muscles than I thought.
  • Okclbates
    Options
    I believe tonight's episode is 2 hours so I was thinking about maybe breaking it down into 30 minute segments. So say for the first 30 minutes, you would do cardio during the commercials. The next 30 minutes you would do lower body (squats, lunges); the next 30 minutes you would do upper body; the last 30 minutes you would do core work. Any thoughts or takers?
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    I believe tonight's episode is 2 hours so I was thinking about maybe breaking it down into 30 minute segments. So say for the first 30 minutes, you would do cardio during the commercials. The next 30 minutes you would do lower body (squats, lunges); the next 30 minutes you would do upper body; the last 30 minutes you would do core work. Any thoughts or takers?

Sounds good to me! :smile:
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Lacey: I SAW the pic on facebook. LMFAO!!! Why on earth did your client think THAT would be a nice gift??
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Sarah- thats fantastic that Day 2 is easier than day 1!! Yay for you!!!

Christina- thats such a great idea about BL. I'm not sure I'm going to watch or not but if I do, I will try this! BL is a show that inspires people to get healthier.....I've been inspired enough, now I need to do something about it.

I got an email that my P90X has been shipped. It'd be awesome to have it by the end of this week but I'm not getting my hopes up. I can't track it till tomorrow.

ETA: can I just say that I love having new people! I love how the board has picked up so much activity lately!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Yes please tell me how one comes to a decision to give a personal grooming tool to a female supplier whom you've never met? I mean I do work in the mining industry and maybe they think I am some hairy warty chick that drives the equipment down in the shafts or something, but yeah! We've been pondering this question all day.

I just threatened to use it on the head mechanic if he didn't behave though...so it is coming in handy!

So far today I've been good on the eating front. I am not working out tonight, rather replacing the crackberry. Hopefully it won't take me too long...and hopefully they will give me a new phone to play with for the $50 that isn't a crack berry.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    okay, I'll try the BL challenge... Just talked DH into watching it live. we normally DVR it and start later. I need to make up for the food I've had today. I am getting better but will admit I stopped at McD's today (*blushes*)... Then I realized I need to get to the store and prep more advance food. So $150 later, I have tons of stuff and 2 crock pots set to go for the morning - taco cabbage soup and pork tenderloin with potatoes and carrots... plus I cooked left over rice with mushroom, carrots, tomatoes, and yellow peppers for dinner. Also had a serving of frozen shrimp with horseradish/ketchup - it may be a Polish thing but a treat we have at holidays. DH got a thing of super hot horseradish for Christmas from the Polish village in Detroit - to die for.... Christina - Thanks for the BL challenge - even if I curse you as I do it...jk (*winks*) I plan to hula during first 1/2 hour, use theraband for lower body and upper body ex and finish with core work - the dreaded crunches, bicycles, planks, reverse curls, maybe I'll even throw in some banana/boat work (P90X torture), etc...

While I'm in the mood, I need to pack tomorrow's lunch..

I talked mom into extra exercise as well so overall, I may be under in cal but didn't track today.

Lacey - that was funny... Maybe they just don't get it... LOL...

If I'm up for it, I'll check in during BL...

Kendal - GO P90X!!!! I hope you get it this week....
  • dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    hello ladies. i have been gone a long while. i have made a new years goal to get back to eating right and exercising and sticking to it this year. i want to lose weight again and keep losing. i am not setting a number goal for the end of the year as long as i lose something and get healthy.

i hope it will be okay with you laides if i join this group again. you guys really helped me last time until i gave up on myself. i have vowed to myself to not give up this time.

On a more positive note, i did manage to walk 1.5 miles in about 31 minutes today. i was so proud of myself. i am going to do some aerobics later i think, or maybe go up and get on the elliptical for a while. it depends on how i feel after dinner. well i will talk to you guys later!! bye!
  • cheryllynette
    Options
    I would like to join, I'm new at this site, so I might need help I have about 20 lbs to lose, This profile picture is my motivation that is last years picture, and I want to look like that again.
  • cheryllynette
    Options
    I would like to join your group, I use this profile pic. to motivate me . It was taken a year ago.
  • cheryllynette
    Options
    how do i get the slider chart for my weight loss
  • dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    go to tools an then click on the "tickers" button. that where i got mine
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Victoria- McDonalds?? Girl!! But I agree-- when you don't have food at the house/prepared, it is so easy eat fast food. That's like the one thing about being vegetarian-- I never got into McD's, Burger King, etc, but there are plenty of non-meat junk food. Hello pizza my friend! Work off that food tonight!

I didn't run today. ARGH! *(&# Like I expected, I got back from work late and it was dark. Was STILL considering running but it snowed, not a lot, but enough to coat the sidewalks. Will either gym it up or run tomorrow. Eating was pretty good though, so the non-exercise isn't a killer!

Dixiegal- welcome back! We missed you! What happened? I know it sounds like you fell off the wagon, but what were the circumstances surrounding it? It can help to recognize those early warning signs so you don't "relapse" again.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Amber - its so nice to hear from you!!! Welcome back!!!

Welcome Cheryl!!! We do enjoy the energy of new people..

So I'm working on the the BL challenge but have had to modify it. DH is cleaning the garage and we started late. But the DVR has time codes so I timed the commercials and did 2 bouts of 3 min of hula for the first 1/2 hour. I plan to do an extra 3 min of hula and start the next 3 min bout of leg exercise with my black theraband when we resume watching the show. At least DH doesn't complain when I exercise as the show is playing...
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    so far 9 min cardio and 6 min leg ex with black (level 5 of 6) theraband exercises... I'm still going strong... Well crap this last set is 4 min but I'll do it - it just means more leg exercise - squats, lunges, calf raises and more - oh goody.... I really do need to do them despite my kvetching....
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    Ok, I did The Biggest Loser commercial challenge. I did double cardio though because I have trouble doing lunges and squats. Hopefully that will improve as I lose weight! I tried, but it hurt my knees. It was a fun way to get some exercise in! Thanks for the idea!
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Loved the idea of the BL challenge. Perhaps I'll join in next week! What did you all think about the episode?

*SPOILERS FOR BIGGEST LOSER BELOW* (mostly for Amy, as she can't watch it live *sadface*)

Do you have any favs? Would you have chosen Bob/Jillian or gone for the immunity with the new trainers? Why can't they just show them. The whole not showing them is silly. I think it would have been a pretty tough decision. I can see why you could pick each side.

Some of my initial thoughts are of course yellow team is going to bring it... they have a gold medalists for pete's sack-- he knows how to compete.

i LOVE that they have 2 people on the show who have already lost weight at home and want to continue their journey. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Of course, I would love to do that myself but I know I'm too small for that (hah!). I think aqua gal who lost 100 lbs at home could be a competitor, as she still has a lot to lose. I'm not surprise she lost a fair bit, but not a crazy number the first week. She has the most to lose for the girls, but if she's already exercising and eating better, it might not be quite as much of a shock to her body (i.e. losing all that water weight that first week you commit yourself), but I'm so glad she's still around. An early fav of mine. Blue team is funny-- the dad is pretty amusing. And the son (the 500+ guy) has so much to lose, but he already lost 150 at home. It's amazing. Can't wait to see his transformation. As my stream of consciousness continues, I have to think, there is no way that they aren't going to have so much excess skin. What's funny is you'll notice on the show as they get skinnier, they have guys and girls back in shirts (tees/compression tanks)-- wonder if it's so the audience can't see all the skin that's hanging. Obviously all the strength training is going to help immensely, but you can't lose that much weight that quickly and have it all bunch back. That's just nothing they ever talk about on the show and something I think about. Trying to think of the other teams. Team purple (I think they were friends, one's the opera singer) were pretty dang amusing as well. I'm hoping there won't be as much gameplay this season, but we'll see. Of course I teared up a few times, but there were less sob stories (i.e. family tragedies) this season than last, which I appreciate, cause it's just so over the top dramatic, and I just want to get back to the losing weight.

/SPOILERS

ETA: I think I'm going to set my alarm for an hour early tomorrow and try and get a morning run in. I don't know if I'll actually do it (versus working out after work), but I want to give myself the option. 5:15 will come all too soon. I'm off to bed. Night ladies!