200+ Recommitting for the New Year!

Replies

• anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Kendal: You must have been writing your response when I was writing mine, so I missed responding to you. I say "amen" to your advice to Victoria! Fast food does make you feel gross AND costs a lot of money! It's so cool that you know someone who's had such success with her weight loss! If she can do it, so can you! I do P90X with resistance bands and with dumbbells. Some of the exercises are too awkward with resistance bands for me (they bend my wrist in funny ways that I don't like).
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    You are all so encouraging to each other! I'm glad to be a part of this group. Sorry I haven't had time to really write much. I usually just check in quickly at work while I'm entering my food. Over the weekend I will have a little more time to catch up. I'm staying under my calories, but I have been snacking all day for the last few days and going over on other nutrients. I don't know if it's out of hunger or boredom really... probably both!

Hope you all have a great day!!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Work has already sent out the Health Incentives for next year's goals. Remember when I had to go to the dr and get my BMI, Blood pressure, Cholesterol and Glucose measured? Its that same thing this year, although they upped the BMI requirement to 27.5 instead of 25. For me to have a BMI of 27.4 (calculating my height at 5'6"), I need to weigh 170. Thats 50 pounds for me to lose. So I've changed my ticker to show my new goals. Time to quit seeing my ticker boast that I've lost 40 pounds, I need to focus on the 50 more I need to lose. The deadline to get it done is Sept 30th. If I don't meet my BMI by then, I will have to do the coaching thing again, which isn't horrible, but still. I could actually wait till Dec 31 to get it done, but they won't start paying me the money I earn till April of next year (if I get it done by Sept, I will get it in January).

I lost 45 pounds last year (granted I put 5 on in the past month or so)......50 is totally do-able.
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Geez-- a lot to respond to...

Lacey: great job on the workout! If you're not feeling at least a bit sore, you definitely should consider stepping it up, as it is called WORKING out. haha. And I'm sort of with you on the p90x... i would consider doing in the long-run, especially to help with toning and such, but I enjoy going to the gym (overall) and running, and it's a big time committment, and I feel like if I did that, I wouldn't have time/want to do anything else.

Victoria- nice job with getting the exercise in, and the water! Hope your appointment goes well today! do NOT eat fast food. I repeat do NOT eat fast food. Bring stuff with you, because the temptation will be there. If you stay away from it long enough, the cravings will eventually pass. If you cave in, you're going to continue to keep craving it.

Sarah- great job on the water... it takes time to get used to drinking a lot of water. Hope the 30 day shred is going well! I remember how much pain I was in the first week-- seriously never felt that time of soreness, but I enjoyed the video overall. Your sandwiches sound yummy. Cheese is my weakness-- definitely measure it out carefully cause it can really up the calories and fat. I usually use the 2% milk cheese (a happy medium between the full strength stuff and the god awful (in my opinion) fat free cheese).

Amber- the big thing is that you're back on track. Life issues (in your case with your family) can certainly contribute to stalling, as well as not seeing what you want to on the scale. Keep in mind that it's a long process and we all have stalled in this group at times, but the point is to stick with it. Talk to us when you feel like your "flatlining" with the loss and see if we can help with some suggestions, or just support you to power through the weight loss lulls. Remember, you often will lose mroe quickly at the beginning and your weight loss with often then slow or have ups and downs, which you need to be prepared for. Nice job with the eating yesterday though! If you have a high caffeine intake, try to wean yourself off, so the migraines aren't too bad. Nice job on the workout as well!

Amy- you totes get the gold star for yesterday for doubling up on exercise. *high fives* As for your sleep question, I really do best with 8-9 hours a night, but that often isn't possible. This week I've been getting 6-7, which isn't enough for me. During the week I tend to shoot more for 7-8. It's always taken me a long time to fall asleep. I try not to lay in bed in the morning after my alarm goes off as I tend to struggle more with getting up. Especially if I snooze, as I'm not really getting any more restorative sleep at that point.

Kendal- I'm looking forward to reading about your experiences with p90x. it is true-- it is a lot of money, and if that guilt of spending money on it helps you do it, by all mean, use it! And plus you've got that added inspiration from your friend who's lost so much on it. Fab! Kendal-- I like that you're looking ahead to the future. It sounds like having the coach thing wouldn't be horrible, but sounds like a great goal to have. You should definitely be proud of yourself for you 45 pound loss!!

Karen- glad you checked in. Tell me more about your snacking... are you still logging it? What sort of nutrients are you going over on? Some of fine to go over one (probably even better). Snacking is a sneaky way to add calories quickly, so make sure you're really hungry before grazing on anything.

As for me, today should be okay at least in terms of eating. Yesterday I ate well. Made a big portion of veggies and chickpeas over some brown rice, which was yummy for dinner. Also, I finally ran again. Hallelujah and I braved the 20 degree weather to do it. 3.27 miles at an 11:32 pace, which is pretty incredible considering it's been a month since I ran. I'm not feeling too sore today. I'm planning at this point to go to the gym after work and spend some time either on the bike or the elliptical. Oh, and I'm down to 180.4 on my scale this morning. YES! I'm thinking about changing my weigh in days to Mondays instead of Fridays... this is mostly to keep myself accountable over the weekends, where I have more of a tendency to cheat. Might make me more accountable.

Have a good day everyone!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    http://mikilasbootcamp.com/
    Gonna be trying this out within the next week some time. Girls at work are talking about going and I could use a little something different once a week to increase my work outs right?

Last night I increased my weights and the second portion of cardio and got the 11 cals per minute burn, so that was nice. I am sore today, not super sore, but comfortably sore.

Kristina- I too am going to change my weigh in days to Sunday morning...I think that I will weigh both Sunday and Monday and see which day is better, but it would work better with my 300+ minutes per week thing since that runs Sat-Sun. Good job on that run too!

Amy - ginger is not my thing but that tea sounds pretty tasty!! Wow on the work outs!

Victoria - I know how you feel..sometimes eating out just makes me feel better. I don't know why. I am sure its a super old, obviously bad, habit that I need to break by exercising, etc...but yeah. I get it girl! There are things you can do to at least cut the cals down if you absolutely HAVE to get something...like eat the burger without cheese, no mayo and no fries..that kind of thing. But I know you! You can keep away from it!!

Karen - keep coming back here and we will support you too. It really really helps.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Wow - I have a short break before I need to leave and have car worked on. Thanks for support everyone. I've been filling up on vege based food so I should be able to stay away from the fast food. Tomorrow is my weigh-in day and I'm sticking to it!!! I feel like I've drunk enough water to drain one of the Great Lakes... and putting it back down the toilet. I have to be flushing junk out of my system... My 8 glasses are done and it's only 1... I'll keep drinking more. I have a 3 cup container filled for my journey later...

Kristina - WTG on the run!!! You'll be back under 180 in no time. Why do I always for get about chick peas... I'll have to buy some and start using them - thanks for the reminder...

Lacey - Great job on working out with more intensity. The boot camp looks like fun - I wish I could go!!!

Kendal - 50 pounds is doable. Remember the money goal on those days/evenings with your man. I like the ticker change.

Karen - keeping active on MFP does take time but I've found the time is worth it. I've just had to limit myself to 3 threads and rarely read anything else - unless a friend posts a topic. I check in when I can. We'd love to give you even more support and hope you keep returning...

Amy - that drink sounds wonderful... How many calories with your version? You do get the gold star for yesterday's workouts. I wish I had more time to do more... My sleep hasn't been too good lately - staying up thinking of too many things. I normally go to bed about 9:30 and wake up between 5:30 and 6. But I find myself tossing and turning and seeing the clock at 1, 2, 4, etc...

Amber - great job on the better food choices. Exercising will cont to get better. I know caring for family is important but if you don't take care of yourself, how can you be there to take care of them? I hope you can find a happy medium.

Sarah - 391 cal is great for a dinner. Plus you should be getting well rounded meals that include dairy, carbs, protein and veges... Your meal sounds perfect. The 30 day shred was too hard on my knees when I started. I'm more of a low impact type person. Now that I've lost 48 pounds, I should try it again...
  • akasullengal
    Just a quick check in. Food sort of was altered. Wanted to catch up with a friend and we did lunch. Did get a kid-sized portion, but still more calories than I normally would eat. If I ate my planned dinner, I wouldn't be over calories by much, but I definitely should be fine later as long as I get to the gym.

Victoria- glad to hear that you've been eating lots of veggies. Hope it works as a fast food deterrent! And yes, chickpeas are fabulous. I add them to my salads and sauted/roasted veggies all the time for added protein that I need as a vegetarian. Also, they are AMAZING roasted (toss with a wee bit of olive oil, sea salt, and some cumin).
  • anvy0530
    Kristina: Good job keeping your calories at lunch within reason. And you ROCK, ROCK, ROCK for running out in the harsh elements and running fast!

Victoria: When I put the recipe in the recipe tool, it says there are 13 calories in the tea but it counts the ginger as being ingested and not just being boiled and thrown away so I'm pretty sure the calories are negligible. Good job keeping on track! You are rocking!!

Lacey: Boot camp workouts rock!

Kendal: You can totally meet your goal this year. Just keep on keepin' on!

Today was a weird day! We got up to walk the dog and the entire road and side walks were covered in a sheet of ice. We slid around for about 15 minutes before I gave it up and turned us around. It was horrible! I did my KenpoX workout and sweated my butt off and then went to take a shower where I discovered that the hot water was gone. Today is a German holiday so I wasn't hopeful that the water situation would be fixed. We spoke with the landlord who said he'd get someone to come out. Someone finally showed up at 5:30 pm (about the time we discovered that the radiators ALSO were not working). But it's all fixed. For the first time, I am planning my pizza meal (for tomorrow) out in my food log and I am going to make sure that what is usually my cheat day has been toned down to actually fit into my calories. Yay!
  • Laceylala
    Ohhh I'm going to have a major hard time not going way over on cals tonight...nothing sounds good for dinner. I've got pork chops out and they don't sound appealing..and I don't have many cals left. Ga!

Ok I got it I got it....mexican rice bowls with chunks of pork in it, avocado, sour cream, cheese, salsa and hot sauce. I'm going to be over cals if I don't work out so my goal is to get at least a 40 min work out in so I have the dern cals.

Sheesh. Lack of planning. Bleh. Meh. Ga. Ba. And Ugh.
  • Laceylala
    I made it through a quick work out and made some inventive dinner. We're calling it Mexican goulash. I steamed rice with water a ton of coriander, cumin and chili pepper... then chopped pork chops, onion, garlic and tomatoes and started cooking them in a pan. Once the rice was mostly done, I added it to the pork mix with a can of rotel tomatoes and some more spices and let it simmer down. once it was done I put it in bowls and topped it with cilantro, cabbage, cheese, sour cream and salsa. It was missing black beans and some lime juice, but it was pretty dern good!

I'm going to be over cals by about 100 if I eat the 10 peanut m&ms that are calling my name. Maybe I can just eat 5... Have to check.

Amy that sucks about the water and furnace on a holiday! Good thing someone was able to come out!!

Well the week is catching up with me..I'm tired. I think I will read a bit more and pass out! I'm reading American Gods by Neil Gaimon. He always writes the most interesting stuff!
  • dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    well today was sooooooooo not a good day for me (at least food wise). i went over my calories quite a bit. but i am about to go to the gym and try and work it off i think. i think what happened was when my boyfriend went out to dinner i gave in and ate dessert. i shouldnt have i know and i feel really guilty.:frown: :embarassed: but tomorrow will be a better day. i intend to eat bunny food for the next week if i have to. lol but seriously i hope i can make better choices tomorrow.

On a bright note, i have been weighing myself and i have been dropping like 2 pounds a day. probably water weight but i dont care. 2 pounds is 2 pounds in my book.

i forgot what every on had said now but it sounds like everyone had a great day and lacey that dinner sounds wonderful. can you send me the recipe? well off to change and then to the gym. good night!!!!
  • anvy0530
    Lacey: Niel Gaiman is my FAVORITE author. I've read everything he's written (including the Sandman graphic novel series). American Gods is sooooooo good (I've read it twice!). Have you read The Graveyard Book? It is his most recent novel and it's actually for young adult readers (as seems to be the fashion these days - I read a TON of YA stuff) but it was soooooo good too! I bought it and read it in hard cover and then downloaded the audiobook so the family could listen to it on a road trip last year (Trav & Gabe loved it too). Your dinner sounds delish, BTW.

Amber: We all slip up now and again, it's how we deal with the slip ups that makes us successful or not successful. I honestly don't think that a dessert every once in a while will hurt you. It when you go over your calories ALL the time that you stop losing weight. You're doing great! You're dropping pounds and this is a lifestyle change. It will take a while before it becomes a habit. You can do it! Just keep on keepin' on!

Happy Friday everyone! I weighed in this morning at 215.6 (which is a 4.4 pound drop this week!). I KNOW it's mostly water weight from my holiday bad-eating-ness but I LOVE to see a nearly 5 pound loss! :heart: :heart: :heart: I'm within spitting distance of 210, which is mighty close to One-derland! I just gotta keep motivated and keep on doing what I'm doing. For the first time ever, I have planned out and logged the calories that I'm eating today (Friday). I usually take a break from logging on Fridays as Fridays are Pancake and Pizza days in my house (I have NO idea why it's not the weekend but we celebrate Fridays in my house!). SO i logged my whole wheat & Chocolate Chip pancakes and my grilled pizza that I plan to eat for dinner and (with my exercise today and eating reasonably for lunch & stuff), I won't go over my calories today (Sodium is another story but I can deal with that for one day). Yay! Happy Friday everyone!
  • dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    thanks amy. your support and all the others here are whats kept me going this week. i have to admit it has been hard to drag myself to the gym. thanks again.

ok so i just got back from the gym about 20 minutes ago and i walked on the treadmill for nearly an hour and the did the elliptical for almost ten minutes. over all i exercised for 60 minutes and burned 748 calories. i am so proud of myself. now i dont feel so bad about dinner. im tired but i feel really good. ha ha it must be the endorphins. i will probably give myself a rest day tomorrow. i guess it all depends on how sore i am and if i can get my behind out of bed. have a great night everyone and i will check in tomorrow.:yawn: :happy: :happy: :yawn: :happy:
  • anvy0530
    Way to Go Amber! You rock! I know I feel really good after I exercise too. It's how I battle the low-level depression I have a tendency towards (I used to medicate with antidepressants but now exercise is all I need). Keep rocking it girl!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Woot Woot - my exercise is paying off. I'm down to 187.25 a drop of 1.75 from last week!!!

Congrats on your loss Amy!!!

Amber - I love how exercise makes me feel. Great job getting it done.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Amber- love the new pic!!

Lacey- I wish I was creative like you! I have no idea how to throw stuff together to make a new dish like that.

Amy- congrats on the weight loss!! Thats awesome!!

I'm checking in at 216.8 this morning, so the scale is finally going in the right direction.

I realized yesterday that I'm not getting enough protein and thats why I'm always going over on cals. So when I went grocery shopping last night I got some better snacks with more protein. (string cheese seems to be the best calorie-to-protein value)

My P90X is supposed to come today, so that will give me the weekend to read all the info so I can be ready on Monday.

I have a slight pinch in my ankle as I walk. I can't tell if it hurts as I'm flexing or pointing though. I'm wearing tennis shoes today so hopefully that will go away by Monday.
  • akasullengal
    Great to see all these losses ladies! *twirls for all of you* When I get home I'll record them to keep track of and will post peeps progress early next week. Remember, if you're planning on weighin in, please do it by Monday morning, so it'll be easier to keep track of. Also, I don't know if everyone posted their challenge starting weight. Please let me know that as well. Per usual, some newbies have dropped off, so the list should be manageable.

Weighed in this morning virtually the same as yesterday, which is fine. I still have 2 more days and if I keep in line, it'll be a decent loss week for me-- still won't be where I was pre-holiday, but working my way towards that.

I ate well last night after going out for lunch, and while I didn't go to the gym, I did a fitness program- Jillian Michaels Burn Fat Boost Metabolism, or something like that. Was free on demand. Shorter workout than I probably should have done, but I'm feeling it in my legs a bit this morning (or it could be a delayed response to my run). Plan to head to the gym straight after work today to get a good burn in, which I need. Food I think should be okay today.
  • akasullengal
    ETA:

These are peep's starting weights I was able to comb through the thread (I might have missed some). If I missed you/don't know your weight, when you weigh in this week, please post your starting weight as well:

The format is Name/StartingWeight/CurrentWeight(LOSS) i.e. Jane/250/247(-3.0)

Kristina 182.4/?
    Amy 220/215.6 (-4.4)
    Kim 203/?
    Kendal 219.6/216.8 (-2.8)
    Sarah 210.8/?
    Karen 266.8?
    Lacey 210.8/?
    Victoria 189/?187.25 (-1.75)
    Bethany ?/?
    Amber ?/?
  • anvy0530
    Kristina: WTG on getting some exercise in! I think I posted that my challenge starting weight was 220 but I'll tell you again to make sure you have it. I, too, am working toward my pre-holiday weight of (213) - I'm getting there!

Kendal: So happy the scale is moving in the right direction for you! I LOVE string cheese for a relatively low cal protein boost! I also use protein powder to supplement my protein intake (as I am almost a meat free person). Rest your ankle, I hope it gets better soon.

Victoria: I got the coupons you sent me. Holy cow, I had no idea there would be so many of them!! And they are all cut out all nice & neat (if I cut out coupons, it's usually just ripped out!). You rock! Thanks so much. I've been going through the pile, and I've already found a lot that I can use. I'll take the rest to the coupon table at the commissary.

Today I went for a walk with the dog. It was really slushy and the rain has caused most of the snow to melt. While Gabe & I were slipping & sliding in the slush, Sofie decided to roll around in a mud puddle. She was COVERED in mud. When we got home, I had the unexpected joy of having to wash her off in the shower. She actually tolerated it pretty well and mostly cooperated with me. She's been drying all day (I turned up the heat to help her out) and she smells pretty good! I also did a 40 minute run on the treadmill. No P90X today as it is my "rest" day. Do you guys actually rest on your rest day or do you move around? I had to get exercise in today in order to offset the calories from the pancakes and pizza. I'm still gonna come in under my cals today.
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    I weighed in at 263.1, so that is a 3.7 pound loss this week! I guess just getting back to logging my calories really does help! No telling how much I was putting into my body when I wasn't logging!

Amy- What a combination... pancakes and pizza! :wink:

Kendal, Victoria, and Amy- Congratulations to you all on your weight loss this week!!

Kristina- Thanks for keeping up with everyone's progress!

Amber- I totally went over my calories yesterday too! I didn't even try to control myself and I was craving Mexican food for dinner! At least you made it to the gym. I didn't exercise mine off. Luckily the scale still showed a loss for me due to doing good the rest of the week.

Have a great day ladies! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.