P90X CHALLENGE (JAN 1ST) PHASE 1

Options

Replies

• happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Power 90 W2D4 - Tried to get my workout in during lunch but only got halfway through it before having to leave back to work. Ugh! Guess I'll be working out tonight at 10:30. Ugh!
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    I didn't workout today but, I am off tomorrow so I can do both workouts!!! I am actually looking forward to it!!!
  • 321Detonate
    Options
    Cardio X done for today! It went by super fast, thank goodness :tongue: Call me crazy, but I'd still rather do 60 minutes of Plyo than 43 minutes of Cardio! Excited for tomorrow, Shoulders & Arms/ARX - one of my faves!!
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    W2D1&2 complete!

-Core Syn & Cardio X-

I actually had to combine these 2 today since I was unable to get Core Syn done yesterday. Holy Wow!!
    Each one actually kicked my butt today...unlike my 1st go-around. My 1st week, I was disappointed....but I am seeing a difference in week 2. Perhaps that's because I was able to go with the flow of the dvd rather than having to get the hang of the movements first.

Oh....and my 1st week, trying to do a 'Dreya Roll'....ya right!! But this week I was able to do it, minus the popping back up part...that's still going to take some work, it isn't very pretty. :p

Looking forward to Shoulders & Arms/Ab Ripper X tomorrow....
    Anxious to see if I'll notice any progress there too! :)
  • quentien3
    quentien3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    W2D3 Dun!!!! Getter DUnnnniiing!

Man I feel good! Some times I watch the end of the DVD before I start it, Just so I can Visualize the end before actually finished. Its works. LMBO!

Have a good day folk, I still have a date with the Cybex Arc trainer later.
  • happinessblossoms
    Options
    Ended up staying home last night and completed W2D4. I'm happy that I got the extra calorie burn at lunch time though :o)
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Just got finished doing the last 20 mins of the YOGA X i couldn't do yesterday.

And i also finished W2D5 Legs and Ab Ripper x. I finally switched from doing the pull ups with the resistance cord to actually attempting to do the pull ups with one leg on a chair. When i orginally was told to start off like this, i thought the person was nuts because i really didn't believe you could get a burn and i thought it would be too easy. But you know what, doing those pull ups with a chair was pretty hard, i got in 8 at a time on average. But on the switch grip pull ups, i only got 6, those were really hard. All in all, i am very proud of myself.

BTW, hows everyone else doing on the Pull ups

Also, i finally got Insanity from the library today. I will probably start that after finishing p90x.
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    shoulders/back and ab ripper X and yoga today!!! Actually I did Xstretch with it instead of yoga....I really don't like either one, but you gotta do what you gotta do!! so, i am caught up and Ready for tomorrow!!!
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    shoulders/back and ab ripper X and yoga today!!! Actually I did Xstretch with it instead of yoga....I really don't like either one, but you gotta do what you gotta do!! so, i am caught up and Ready for tomorrow!!!

Way to go chelsi, i'm not a big fan of the yoga either but i do love
    the x stretch
  • 321Detonate
    Options
    Shoulders & Arms/ARX done for today! I LOOOOVE the upper body workouts. :heart: Still not quite able to do as many reps with the amount of weight I was using at the end of last round, but I'm getting there.
    BTW, hows everyone else doing on the Pull ups

They're still the hardest type of exercise for me, therefore I hate doing them, haha! I use a pullup bar and put one leg on a chair.
  • epeebes
    epeebes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I haven't felt motivated to exercise the past 2 days. :indifferent:

I'm gonna try tomorrow. I hate being in a funk:angry:
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    Options
    W2D3 complete!

-Shoulders & Arms/Ab Ripper X-

Used the heavier weights I just bought for this program...definitely got much more out of the workout! Still plan on getting even heavier weights since I'm looking to really PUSH myself! Felt spent afterwards, which is what I'm looking for! :)
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    Thanks so much!!! Looks like your kickin butt also!! Way to go!
  • happinessblossoms
    Options
    I haven't felt motivated to exercise the past 2 days. :indifferent:

I'm gonna try tomorrow. I hate being in a funk:angry:

You can do it girl. Just think about your inspirations for losing weight. Where do you want to be and why? OMG, I planned a trip to go horseback riding, I have to be under 225 lbs. or I have to call ahead for a special horse!!! Good thing my trip isn't until the end of April. I need to lose 15lbs. (10 really, but I'd like to be appropriately under) not to have a special horse. How embarrassing! So that's my goal and reward right now!

Think positive! :o) I'll check on ya!

@ Brenda - WTG girl! I just started using a resistance band to feel the burn. It's definitely an improvement.
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    I know everyone says muscle weighs more than fat, but I got on the scale this morning and weigh more than I did last week by about 1 1/2 lbs....Is anyone else having this happen??? I feel like I look better but I guess I thought I wouldn't start gaining muscle for several weeks and being that it is only week 2 I am a little surprised...I would like to know if anyone else has notice the scale going up instead of down since you started working out on p90x?!?
  • 321Detonate
    Options
    I know everyone says muscle weighs more than fat, but I got on the scale this morning and weigh more than I did last week by about 1 1/2 lbs....Is anyone else having this happen??? I feel like I look better but I guess I thought I wouldn't start gaining muscle for several weeks and being that it is only week 2 I am a little surprised...I would like to know if anyone else has notice the scale going up instead of down since you started working out on p90x?!?
    It's likely water weight. I'm by no means an expert, but from what I understand, your muscles will retain water as they repair themselves. It's pretty difficult (almost impossible?) for a woman to build that much muscle in a couple of weeks. Don't be discouraged!! :smile: Keep pushing play!!
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    Since I have been exercising I have noticed my water intake has probably doubled, which is great considering I wasn't drinking enough anyways!! Thanks so much and I love that we have so many people here to encourage everyone!! Hope everyone else has a great day!!
  • tuduis
    tuduis Posts: 67
    Options
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    Options
    W2D4 complete!

-Stretch X-

I substitued this for the Yoga X since my arhtritis prevents me from doing all that yoga. It was a nice, relaxing hour, but I have a hard time only burning about 125 calories for the day after an hour. So, to boost my calorie burn I added in about 40 minutes of running on my treadmill. Enjoyed my "runner's high"! :)
  • snowsflake
    snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I just saw this post. I started P90X Classic on Monday, 01/10/11 due to muscle spasms I was experiencing in my back I did not start on 01/03/10 like I wanted. I have stats and pics as well, so please let me know if I can still join! Thanks!