P90X CHALLENGE (JAN 1ST) PHASE 1

Options

Replies

• sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I just saw this post. I started P90X Classic on Monday, 01/10/11 due to muscle spasms I was experiencing in my back I did not start on 01/03/10 like I wanted. I have stats and pics as well, so please let me know if I can still join! Thanks!

i can add you to the list. Remember we have voluntary weigh-ins on saturday.
  • sarina87
    Options
    W2D6 KENPO X DONE!!!!

damn i am sweaty. Its pretty funny about this dvd because you don't really move much. In cardio x and core synergistics you are all over the place. But in kenpo you are in one stance but you really have to push your hips around to get the force for your jabs. Very interesting and fun i must say.
  • sarina87
    Options
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    W2D5 Done!!! did this in the morning instead of this evening...Glad I did too cause I really don't think would have had then energy after getting off work!!! Ready for some Kenpo X Tomorrow!!! Let's Bring It!!!
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Started getting dizzy during shoulders and arms last night... then it got so bad i had to stop.... i'm not sure whats going on I've had vertigo in the past and maybe thats it... however it has never bothered me in a workout... It feels like I'm drunk and the room is spinning.... except i'm not.... it's weird! I've had plenty of calories, i eat between 1600-1800 depending on the workout and how many calories i typically burn and i've also had 8-12 cups of water (also depending on if i'm over my sodium that day or not!). This morning it's a little better, but not great... maybe I'm getting a cold or something??? I'm supposed to do legs and back today... maybe I'll just lay low and see how i feel tomorrow... i can always just double it tomorrow if i'm feeilng better....

anyone ever had this happen to them before???
  • quentien3
    quentien3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My daugther's been really ill all day, so much so that both me and her mom took the day to nurse her physically and emotionally! Needless to say, we've been up since 2:30 a.m. last night. It got better about 7 am but need a little work... I say that to say this, It was impossible to attempt to engage in YOGA X with my baby girl screaming in pain! I scrapped the morning workout and just did 87 minutes of TURBO JAM to make up in the evening!!!

So it is with great pleaseure I say, W2D4 Done and W2D5 Pending... See you later.
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Completed! WhooHoo!!! Super excited!
  • tuduis
    tuduis Posts: 67
    Options
    I finally completed Yoga X and my major two struggles were Royal Dancers & Warrior Three... I'm SOOOO pumped I actually made it through the entire hour and a half and successfully completed poses that I couldn't last week :D I got you crane!
  • sarina87
    Options
    Just got through W2D7 Stretch X and then i ran on my elliptical for 30 mins on Level 10. That elliptical drenched me and says that i burned 530 calories. i don't believe that number is exact but i do believe it gives me an idea. I feel kinda a lousy that i am doing this program without a HRM but i lost 50 pounds without one and i don't wanna cave in now. PLUS they are really pricey.

*REMINDER*

Tomarrow is Week 2 Voluntary Weigh-in. I will post the chart tomarrow night and an updated one on monday as well because this week we did have some weigh-ins on Monday. I would really love to see everyone leave a message on how you are doing as well. We have some challengers who haven't posted anything in a while, i hope you all are still with us.
  • pghatc41
    pghatc41 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Done with Kenpo so one more day this week, chest/shoulders tomorrow morning. Diet is not as great as I had hoped but the energy during the exercises I have is increasing so if only I could get motivated to eat better. I am definitely eating more fruit than ever, just need to cut back on that daily soda/pop I can't seem to give up. Interested to see what my weight and body fat measurement is tomorrow.
  • Melisha82
    Melisha82 Posts: 243
    Options
    Did Core Synergistics last night, but I didn't feel like I gave it my all ( I was bad and had some pizza beforehand), so I am redoing it tonight!
  • snowsflake
    snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Yoga X DONE! I didn't like the yoga part of it at first, but I have come to really like it!
  • snowsflake
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I just saw this post. I started P90X Classic on Monday, 01/10/11 due to muscle spasms I was experiencing in my back I did not start on 01/03/10 like I wanted. I have stats and pics as well, so please let me know if I can still join! Thanks!

i can add you to the list. Remember we have voluntary weigh-ins on saturday.

Awesome! I'm so excited! Will be adding stats today! And will change my weigh-in date to Saturday.
  • snowsflake
    Options
    Here are my beginning stats...

Height - 6'1"
    Weight - 236
    Waist - 40
    Hips - 47.5
    Chest - 44
    Right arm - 14.5
    Left arm - 15
    Right thigh - 29.5
    Left thigh - 29

And away we goooooooo...
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    W2D5 complete!

-Legs & Back/Ab Ripper X-

Aaaand yet again...this disk WHOOPED my butt!! Legs were absolutely SPENT!
    I think I burn more on this day than I do for Kenpo OR Cardio...

Let me tell ya...there's so much to be said about motivation. And lack thereof. I got about 2 hours sleep last night because of schoolwork and had to get my kids up @ 5:30am, once they were out the door had to go grocery shopping then put it all away. By the time I was done with that, I was EXHAUSTED!!! The ONLY thing I wanted to do was SLEEEEEEP!!

I struggled....HARD.....fought with myself to NOT lay down on that bed....to walk over & push play. Even as I began the warm up, I just kept thinking...I don't wanna do this, I am exhausted, I need sleep! I had to keep telling that voice to shut it.....and I kept my body moving. By the time warm up was over, I found energy I didn't know was there and got wrapped up in the workout.

Feeling SO good for MAKING myself get it done and not giving in to ANY EXCUSES!!

Just wondering..........is there anyone else that has a hard time doing the pull-ups??

I've always thought of myself as a fairly strong (for a woman) person and have always been tone and fit, even when I'm over my ideal weight. But I have just always struggled SO much with pull-ups!! Hoping this program helps me progress in that area too!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
  • 321Detonate
    Options
    Legs & Back/ARX done for today! My legs feel like rubber and I'm totally soaked. :happy: I still don't like this workout and probably never will, but I suck it up and do it anyway because Tony said so.
    Yoga X DONE! I didn't like the yoga part of it at first, but I have come to really like it!

Yay, someone else who likes Yoga!! I think you and I are the only ones in this bunch who do, haha!
  • snowsflake
    Options
    Legs & Back/ARX done for today! My legs feel like rubber and I'm totally soaked. :happy: I still don't like this workout and probably never will, but I suck it up and do it anyway because Tony said so.

Yay, someone else who likes Yoga!! I think you and I are the only ones in this bunch who do, haha!

LOL...hopefully by the end of it more people will come to like it! I think when I can do The Crane...I will be one happy girl!
  • epeebes
    epeebes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm so disappointed, I haven't done any exercise since Monday. I was ready to catch up a do some today but when I got home after work but was struck with really awful pains in my stomach area. I could barely walk.

My diet as been ok over the past few days even though I haven't gotten a chance to log stuff in completely.

I will weigh in tomorrow morning, hoping the results it won't be that bad without the exercise. :indifferent:
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    Chelsi Burnett
    starting weight: 143.2
    Jan 8th weight: 139.0
    Jan 15th weight: 139.8 (Hopefully this is my muscles recovering!!! It isn't much but I don't like seeing it go up instead of down!!!)