P90X CHALLENGE (JAN 1ST) PHASE 1

Options

Replies

• Melisha82
    Melisha82 Posts: 243
    Options
    I seriously just realized I never posted my measurements. I have to get these babies down lol...

Chest: 43
    Waist: 40
    Hips: 42
    Left Arm: 12.5
    Right Arm: 12.5
    Left Thigh: 22.5
    Right Thigh: 22.5
  • JWALL101
    Options
    Sw:299
    Chest:51
    Waist:48
    Hips:51
    R arm:17 1/2
    L arm :17 1/2
    L thigh:26 1/2
    R thigh:26 1/2
    Neck: 17 1/2

All of my starting measurements.
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Day 2...done!

-Cardio X-

For anyone doing P90, you'll be glad you started there! I have found that many of the movements for P90X originate from P90, which makes getting the hang of things much easier. PLUS it provides a great foundation to build on for strength and endurance. So far, I have found the 2 disks I've done much easier than I was expecting. After reading SO many reviews, I was nervous about just how difficult P90X would be. It's been a great relief! :)

Thanks for this Brenda! I'm super excited about starting with the Power 90 but when I see all those high calorie burns I feel like I'm not doing enough. Although, I'm really not so great at the Power 90 yet, so I know I definitely need to start from the beginning :o)
  • happinessblossoms
    Options
    Hi guys,

I have a question for some of you that are ahead of me, this morning was my day2 (Cardio X) and I was just beyond sore to complete some of the sets, specially my core. I walked in to work this morning and people are asking me why I'm limping LOL :blushing: .
    Any advise on how to get past the pain? I've been eating bananas since i heard that helps and all but is there anything else i can do?

Thanks in advance :smile:

AidaR - I think all you can really do is stretch more and drink more water. Hope that helps

W1D5 completed last night. So excited to get my workout on tonight as it's my last one of the week and I get a reprieve on Friday. WhooHoo! I really need to go to the grocery store and have been getting home way too late, then exercising. So without the workout, I'll have time to get some food in the house ;o)
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Day 2...done!

-Cardio X-

For anyone doing P90, you'll be glad you started there! I have found that many of the movements for P90X originate from P90, which makes getting the hang of things much easier. PLUS it provides a great foundation to build on for strength and endurance. So far, I have found the 2 disks I've done much easier than I was expecting. After reading SO many reviews, I was nervous about just how difficult P90X would be. It's been a great relief! :)

Thanks for this Brenda! I'm super excited about starting with the Power 90 but when I see all those high calorie burns I feel like I'm not doing enough. Although, I'm really not so great at the Power 90 yet, so I know I definitely need to start from the beginning :o)

No problem!! Glad to help! :)
    I just remembered seeing someone was doing P90 so I thought I'd offer that bit of insight. I've done 4 disks now and have found that each one so far is VERY similar to the movements found in the original P90....so I'm GLAD I completed that program 1st! It will DEFINITELY benefit you....just hang in there....it'll come to you, it's a work in progress ;)

So.......W1D4.....done!
    -YogaX-

Not very pleased with the outcome of this one. I can do yoga, but this disk has far too many movements that put way too much pressure on my wrists (I have arthritis in my hands/wrists). I kept going, thinking, HOPING the movements would change up at some point, but WOW....it was never ending....a LOT of the same moves over and over, just changing it up or adding something new, but the base movement was always the same. Until about the last 45 minutes.

My wrists cannot handle that! SOOO....I ended up getting some running in to make up for some calorie burn. I think once I lose some more weight I may be more successful with the Yoga disk, until then, I may have to substitute this day with something else. Bummer.
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    so i am sorry 2 say that i wanted 2 do this challenge w/u guys & was gonna start this past sunday. unfortunately i've been sick all wk & unable 2 start. i've finally gone 2 work 2day after several days of not bein here at all. :cry:

at this point idk what 2 do. either start this wknd or post 4 another phase 1 in feb. i'm sure there will b plenty of feb starters :happy:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Shoulders & Arms/Ab Ripper X

Was rather disappointed, I think my expectations became too extreme because of the reviews I read before starting this program. I was actually a little bored with this workout and since it seemed too easy, I am going to buy some heavier weights & see if that helps. Ab Ripper X was no joke, though! And my abs are farily strong so I was surprised at how hard this disk was. Good workout though! It'll take some work!

Thumbs up on the heavier weight. Like Tony says, whether you go for 8-10 or 12-15 reps per exercise, you should be struggling on the last 3 reps. That's when the magic happens. :smile:
    I totally felt the same about Shoulders and Arms. I only used a 5 pound weight since that's all I have. But I've heard using more than that for a woman will bulk you up and I'm not sure I want to be that muscular

Don't be afraid of a heavier weight! I use 10-15 lb for shoulders and biceps and 8s for triceps, and my arms are nowhere close to bulky. (see profile pic)

Happy Yoga day tomorrow (for some people)!! I've heard so many people say they hate it, but it's my favorite. :heart: I've been doing that disc for 7 months and it's STILL hard! It doesn't really get easier per se, but the more you do it the more you'll improve. :smile:

Thanks girls!!
    I had actually heard the same thing, most girls don't want to lift too heavy since they're not looking to bulk up (and I'm certainly in this group), but I also heard that a heavier weight won't bulk you up. Glad to hear picking a heavier weight may be what I need for this workout.
    I was using 3lb weights, since that's what I'd always used during my treadmill workouts. I was going to get 5lb weights, but after reading this I may pick up a variety so I'll have options and find what fits.

I do have Yoga today, haven't really been looking forward to it after reading what everyone's been saying about it....so we shall seeee! :happy:

Ladies....PLEASE don't be afraid to grab the heavier weight. It is physiologically impossible for you to bulk up like a man does because we don't have the same amounts of testosterone. I use anywhere from 8 to 20 pounds on my arms and I am FOR SURE not bulky. I wish this old wives tale would take a hike!
  • epeebes
    epeebes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If I skip a day will it off set the routine? I don't think I can do Day 5 tonight, there's a water leak in my apartment that needs fixing ASAP. :noway:

What if I double up tomorrow? or have day 5 as my rest day instead of Day 7?

Sucks that I have to deal with this at the moment! :ohwell:
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    so i am sorry 2 say that i wanted 2 do this challenge w/u guys & was gonna start this past sunday. unfortunately i've been sick all wk & unable 2 start. i've finally gone 2 work 2day after several days of not bein here at all. :cry:

at this point idk what 2 do. either start this wknd or post 4 another phase 1 in feb. i'm sure there will b plenty of feb starters :happy:

Oh don't worry about it, if you want to start a week late, that is fine, If not, i will be looking forward to your phase 1 board in February.
  • sarina87
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I just wanted to check in with everyone on how i am doing. I had a really rough day on tuesday, my diet was bad and i missed one day of p90x. This was do to the fact that i ran out of my ADD medicine which really helps me get basic nessesities done. As of wedsday i have been good and pumped up again. Today i did Legs and abs which was hard as hell, i cannot do one pull up on my bar and the ab dvd is still pretty difficult for me. Its a working progress so i am not getting down or anymore upset about this. Tomarrow i am planning to do 2 dvds to catch up. Kenpo and stretch. I know i will be fine.

*REMINDER*

This saturday we are going to have our voluntary weigh-in for WEEK 1. Don't expect a big loss because this basically was the week that we woke up muscles that have been sleeping for a while. I really do hope all you guys participate but again it is voluntary.
  • heabear
    heabear Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Lean Program

sarina87 - jan 1st
    bethvandenberg - jan 3rd
    mafery
    Melisha82
    epeebes - jan 2nd
    AIMEE23
    cdngrl81 - jan 3rd
    pghatc41
    mschelle - jan 1st
    CombatVet_Army - Jan 3rd
    quentien3 - jan 3rd
    amnski - jan 1st

Classic Program

maexxy - jan 1st
    jordan1221 - jan 3rd
    kc4173
    jbeans67
    kappy2hot - jan 2nd
    healthy_is_best - jan 1st
    think48
    bohochick - jan 1st
    newman - jan 1st
    Raplaa88 - Jan 3rd

Other Programs (insanity and p90)

shellync - Dec 31
    happinessblossom - jan 1st

Dec 31-power 90 i posted my stats on the previous thread i believe
  • heabear
    heabear Posts: 23 Member
    Options

It's the "worst" time of the year for the gym. Everyone is making their New Year's resoltion to lose weight and be healthy. It usually only lasts till the end of February. Sad to say, but it's the truth. Try to go on a different time schedule if you can. Good luck!

I completed W1D4 yesterday, so excited to have again worn my HRM. It's so awesome to get an accurate reading immediately. However, during the strength training, I burned much less than the cardio days. So...I think I really need to add another video to the line up along with the Power 90.

I have some other beachbody workouts like hip hop abs and turbo jam I occasionally mix in with my power 90!!
  • happinessblossoms
    Options
    If I skip a day will it off set the routine? I don't think I can do Day 5 tonight, there's a water leak in my apartment that needs fixing ASAP. :noway:

I'd say to use day 5 as your rest day and continue tomorrow. That seems like it would be really hard to push yourself that hard for 2 hours. Good luck if you do! :o)
  • happinessblossoms
    Options
    It's the "worst" time of the year for the gym. Everyone is making their New Year's resoltion to lose weight and be healthy. It usually only lasts till the end of February. Sad to say, but it's the truth. Try to go on a different time schedule if you can. Good luck!

I completed W1D4 yesterday, so excited to have again worn my HRM. It's so awesome to get an accurate reading immediately. However, during the strength training, I burned much less than the cardio days. So...I think I really need to add another video to the line up along with the Power 90.

I have some other beachbody workouts like hip hop abs and turbo jam I occasionally mix in with my power 90!!
    [/quote]

I haven't tried those two workouts. But I have zumba and slim in six to add :o)

Completed my first week of Power 90! Super excited. Going to do zumba tonight! :o)
  • 321Detonate
    Options
    Holy crap, yoga last night was UGGGGGLY!! :laugh: I figured it would be after being sick over Christmas and only getting in a workout twice in the last three weeks before starting this round, but man oh man! I was dying by Warrior Two! I'm shocked by how much my endurance went down the toilet... the balance postures weren't so bad, a little wobblier than usual but otherwise that part went well.

Legs & Back and ARX today. My least favorite workout of the bunch... oh who am I kidding, I hate it, haha!! I dreaded Fridays all last round. At least this time I don't have to do it at all during month 3 since I'm doing Lean, muahahaha!!! Happy Friday! :happy:
  • jordan1221
    jordan1221 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I did Shoulders & Arms on Wednesday, but no ARX. And yesterday I swapped out Yoga X and did X Stretch instead since it is shorter. Ran really short on time since I didn't even leave work until 8:30 p.m. Not to mention it takes an hour to get to and from work. But still got my workout in!!! That's what matters to me!
  • sarina87
    Options
    Hi everyone, As for the charts, i want to appologize that i havent updated it yet. I had a very busy week. I want to let you all know that i will be off work this weekend and have time to look over the board and update everything. I also wanted to let the challengers know that i am looking for a volunter to help out with the board. Some weeks are really busy for me and some are not. If someone would like to help me out with updates or running the challenge with me, i am open to it. I do read the board everyday, but i am not the fastest typer and thats why i don't get to check in everyday in the board. Regardless if i get a volunteer or not, there will be an updated list tomarrow and our 1ST Weigh in.
  • sarina87
    Options
    I just finished Kenpo and Stretch. I feel fantastic and ready for the day. Kenpo was really easy to follow shockingly. I really thought this dvd was going to be an issue because i have bad cordination but i did it. Stretch X was ten times better than YOGA X in my opinion. During the yoga i was falling asleep but with Stretch your brain is really there. Overall i feel i had a great 1st week. I didn't do too great on tuesday but i finished strong in the end and got all the dvds for week one in because i did 2 today. Can't wait for weigh-in tomarrow and the time to update the chart.
  • sarina87
    Options

I had to do double up today because i lost a day on tuesday. Today i did kenpo and stretch. A very long 2 hours
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    W1D5 done!

-Legs & Back/Ab Ripper X-

Wow. Terrific workout...loved it! And even though this was only my 2nd time doing the Ab Ripper X...I was surprised at the little bit of progress I'd made from the 1st time I'd done it. Good to know that you DO work your way up to the level of these workouts...like Tony says, do your best & forget the rest....

Tomorrow is Kenpo....been looking forward to this one! Keep going guys...we got this!! :bigsmile: