P90X CHALLENGE (JAN 1ST) PHASE 1

Options

Replies

• AidaR
    AidaR Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    SW: 158
    CW:159

I have a lot more energy and I can finally do a proper push up LOL...
  • heabear
    heabear Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    sw:143
    CW: 139
    :)
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Here's the chart for the week

Lean Program SD SW CW

sarina87 Jan 1 172 170.8
    chelsiburnett Jan 1 143.2 139
    bethvandenberg Jan 3 197.6 197.1
    epeebes Jan 2 204.5 203.5
    AidaR Jan 5 158 159
    melterp Jan 3 163
    Aintnet Jan 3 229.8
    Jsnbabb1 Jan 3 168
    cdngrl81 Jan 3 161
    CombatVet_Army Jan 3 169.8
    jUstd0iT31 Jan 3 150
    Mello_Jello Jan 2 123.4
    Melisha82 Dec 28
    mschelle Jan 1
    quentien3 Jan 3
    quadrun250 Jan 5
    amnski Jan 1
    mafery
    AIMEE23

Classic Program SD SW CW

maexxy Jan 1 178 176.6
    pghatc41 Jan 3 191.2 192.8
    kc4173 128.6
    newman84 Jan 1 125.4 124.8
    kappy2hot Jan 2 175
    healthy_is_best Jan 1 165
    bohochick Jan 1 166
    mschelle Jan 1 168
    jordan1221 Jan 3
    tuduis Jan 3
    sixpackgoal JAN 1
    jbeans67
    think48

Doubles Program

Raplaa88 Jan 3 183.2 185.4
    JWALL101 Dec 27 299

Other Programs (Insanity and P90)

happinessblossom Jan 1 237.6 235.6
    heabear Dec 31 143 139
    shellync Dec 31 207

Unknown Program

asjo901 - Jan 2 154
    andreab84 Jan 10
    aweigh2go Jan 4
    maru09 Jan 3

Just so you guys know
    SD - Starting Date SW - Starting Weight CW - Current weight

I really wanna congratulate everyone who participated in the voluntary weigh-in this week. i am very surprised about the turnout. Everyone should be proud of your gains or losses this week. Even if you gained and feel down about it, that gain is most likely muscle.

I also wanna give a big round of applause to chelsiburnett on her 4.2 pound weightloss this week. You are our biggest weightloss of the week.

As of today, we are at week 2 of our P90X journey. Just keep on the same schedule you are doing. We wont be changing it up until week 4 recovery week.

WEEK 2, HERE WE COME!!!!!!
  • sarina87
    Options
    Wow, i spaced out the chart so it would be easier to read but it didn't do it when i posted it. Very weird
  • sarina87
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I really wanna share with everyone a blog that one of my friends wrote about P90X here on myfitnesspal today. It was very inspirational for me. His name is roylawrence87 and the title of the blog is

Bring it

I’m talking about the words Tony Horton gave life to. What does it mean to you? Well I’ll tell you what it means to me. When I “Bring it” I bring to life all the things I hate. I put all this hatred into the moves that Tony Horton gives me. I put all the things in this world that don’t need to be in my heart and I gift wrap them and give them to him. I give them to him in my sweat blood and tears. I am not working out for Tony Horton at this time, but for myself. Tony Horton already has what I am working for. My self stands on the line now. I must now “Bring it” Now, make no mistake, I will do everything, short of dying, in order to bring to life all the things that I believe that are worthy of beneficial work. I will destroy the boundaries of fear. I will “Bring it”. I will destroy the boundaries of weakness. I will “Bring it”. I will destroy the boundaries of selfishness. I will “Bring it”. I stand to benefit the most from this simple couple of words and yet those simple couple of words hold such power. They fill me with desire. Desire to become better. Desire to hope. Desire to DO! I will DO!!!!
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    Thank you so much for the applause!!! I am looking forward to this week and I am being realistic..cause I know the first week is the easiest!!!! Good luck to everyone this week!!!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ClaireElanB
    ClaireElanB Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    SW 166, CW is 163!
  • sarina87
    Options
    YAY, We have more weigh-in's. I guess i will update the list again tonight.
  • sarina87
    Options
    Just Finished W1D2 Cardio X

I am drenched and gross and the sick part about it is that i am loving it. Last week when i did cardio x, i sweated but was not drenched. This week i can tell that i remembered the moves and really brought it. My Dreya rolls are even getting better but there still pretty sloppy. I really think this week is gonna be a good week for me. Also, yesterday when i did core synergistics i used a resistance cord and boy was that crappy, i got more of a burn using my weights. Kind of a bummer.
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    I did core this morning for the second time and upped my weights a little and I definately felt the burn!!!! I am ready for tomorrow!! I hope this week is my week also!! Feels awesome to sweat!!
  • 321Detonate
    Options
    X Stretch for me today. It was absolutely heavenly!! I am one seriously hurtin' unit after this week, haha!

Also, I'm wondering who is following the nutrition plan... last time I did Phase 2 of the diet for the first two months, and this time I'm trying Fat Shredder. It's only been one week, but holy moly, I am so sick of protein!! It feels like too much, and I think it's making me a little ill, like feeling nauseous and icky stomach-wise, but I'm trying as best I can. There is no possible way I could eat as much protein MFP recommends if I customized my numbers according to P90X's plan - I'm Level 1 at 1800 cals/day, and at 50% protein MFP says that's 225g a day!!! The best I've done is 150g which sounds like plenty enough. Anyways, I was just curious what everyone's eating and how that's going! :happy:
  • epeebes
    epeebes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    W2D1, I brought it this time. Still having trouble with a lot of the plank moves. Still can't do a dreya roll. But I modify what I can to keep me moving. I've noticed over the past few days that I feel healthier, making better food choices and just feeling good. I actually look forward to exercising! :smile:

I hope everyone has a great 2nd week! Bring it!!
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I really wanna share with everyone a blog that one of my friends wrote about P90X here on myfitnesspal today. It was very inspirational for me. His name is roylawrence87 and the title of the blog is

Bring it

I’m talking about the words Tony Horton gave life to. What does it mean to you? Well I’ll tell you what it means to me. When I “Bring it” I bring to life all the things I hate. I put all this hatred into the moves that Tony Horton gives me. I put all the things in this world that don’t need to be in my heart and I gift wrap them and give them to him. I give them to him in my sweat blood and tears. I am not working out for Tony Horton at this time, but for myself. Tony Horton already has what I am working for. My self stands on the line now. I must now “Bring it” Now, make no mistake, I will do everything, short of dying, in order to bring to life all the things that I believe that are worthy of beneficial work. I will destroy the boundaries of fear. I will “Bring it”. I will destroy the boundaries of weakness. I will “Bring it”. I will destroy the boundaries of selfishness. I will “Bring it”. I stand to benefit the most from this simple couple of words and yet those simple couple of words hold such power. They fill me with desire. Desire to become better. Desire to hope. Desire to DO! I will DO!!!!

Why thank you very much! I hope someone is inspired to do something, anything. If it does, then I have completed my mission.
  • MommaSherryB
    MommaSherryB Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that just joined MFP and was wondering if anyone can add the P90X exercises and calories burned to the database. Is there a chart that shows how many calories burned with each exercise?

Thanks
  • epeebes
    epeebes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Forced myself up this morning, you know Monday back to the daily grind, and did Cardio X. Thankfully its the shortest video:laugh:

Feeling good, but definitely hitting the gym tonight after work for some more cardio. Bring it!

Have a great day everyone!:bigsmile:
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    X Stretch for me today. It was absolutely heavenly!! I am one seriously hurtin' unit after this week, haha!

Also, I'm wondering who is following the nutrition plan... last time I did Phase 2 of the diet for the first two months, and this time I'm trying Fat Shredder. It's only been one week, but holy moly, I am so sick of protein!! It feels like too much, and I think it's making me a little ill, like feeling nauseous and icky stomach-wise, but I'm trying as best I can. There is no possible way I could eat as much protein MFP recommends if I customized my numbers according to P90X's plan - I'm Level 1 at 1800 cals/day, and at 50% protein MFP says that's 225g a day!!! The best I've done is 150g which sounds like plenty enough. Anyways, I was just curious what everyone's eating and how that's going! :happy:

I am trying to follow the fat shredder plan... however it really is A LOT of protein.... I'm doing the best I can with it and I'm kinda using the portion approach to things.... just eyeballing my 5 proteins.... 2 dairy....1 carb.... etc. and following the chart the best I can!! I have been adding some extras in... often I'm having an extra fruit... or an extra dairy ... I will say that I'm NOT doing the diet perfectly... but I am doing my best!! :-)

Week 2 for me today already!!!! Here's to a great week everyone!!!
  • quentien3
    quentien3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I completed W2D1! In the words of Yo Gabba Gabba (My daughter's favorite television show on Nick Jr.) After working out to p90x is AWESOME!!!!
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    W2D1 and W2D2 completed over the weekend. Going to try to make it to the gym in the mornings and crank up week 2 onward :o)

Happy Monday!
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that just joined MFP and was wondering if anyone can add the P90X exercises and calories burned to the database. Is there a chart that shows how many calories burned with each exercise?

Thanks

Can your friend purchase a HRM? Everyone's burns are going to be different.