P90X CHALLENGE (JAN 1ST) PHASE 1

Options

Replies

• pghatc41
    pghatc41 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    W1D3 done, did PlyoX. Wow, was a bit disappointed in how I felt while doing it as it was a lot harder than when I previously was doing it. I didn't realize I was that out of shape. However, it is one of my favorite workouts (and all the comments from Tony make me laugh while doing it as well).
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    So, I actually made it to the gym and on the treadmill to action-off my yoga session from earlier this morning. And - wow :noway: - the gym was over-crowded! Every single treadmill was taken (and there are around 30 treadmills). When I was there last week, there were only a couple of guys working out, but now... Where do all these people come from - and where do they hide the rest of the year? I wonder for how many weeks this phenomenon will last....

It's the "worst" time of the year for the gym. Everyone is making their New Year's resoltion to lose weight and be healthy. It usually only lasts till the end of February. Sad to say, but it's the truth. Try to go on a different time schedule if you can. Good luck!

I completed W1D4 yesterday, so excited to have again worn my HRM. It's so awesome to get an accurate reading immediately. However, during the strength training, I burned much less than the cardio days. So...I think I really need to add another video to the line up along with the Power 90.
  • 321Detonate
    Options
    Alright, I've finally got my act together! Here are my stats.

Starting Weight: 123.4 lbs
    waist: 26.5
    hips: 33
    chest: 33.75
    right arm: 10.25
    left arm: 10.5
    right thigh: 20.5
    left thigh: 20.25

Should we post fit test results too?
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options

Should we post fit test results too?

If you would like to, you can. It wasn't a requirement though
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I need some advice. I just finished W1D2 (lean). It starts off with some Yoga moves (Warrior One, Two, etc) and during all of these moves my feet are in pain. So I usually end up getting up and walking around and then trying to keep going but halfway through the next move it happens again. Does anybody else have this problem?

It was like this for me when i started doing yoga last year. The advice i can give you is to not copy the people on the dvds to its perfection. Your really gonna have to listen to your OWN body on this because if you really try to copy what they are doing, you can get a really painful injury. Just keep working on it little and little everyday and it will get there. i would suggest a 30 second hold everyday and boost up that time when you feel stronger. To this day i still cannot do a proper "chair pose" and i have talked to several yoga instructors in my neighborhood about it. I just can't seem to get very low on that pose, my legs won't let me. One of my instructors told me that there are some poses that some people just can't do. She gave me an example of one move she couldn't do and she's an instructor. Hopefully it won't be that way in your case. For me personally, i do yoga 3 times a week on average and i still attempt to go childs pose each time. Its been a year, but i'm not giving up.
  • epeebes
    epeebes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just finish Day 4 Yoga X, I found the first 45minutes difficult with constantly going into Vinyasa and Runner's pose after every move. I actually gave up 40 mins in. I sat out and let the dvd play, but the second half with all the balance yoga I really enjoyed!

Also I finally got my HRM so I can accurately track my calories burned.:bigsmile:

I'm off to do a Zumba class in a little bit, Gonna test and see how mnay cals that burns!:happy:
  • Jsnbabb1
    Jsnbabb1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 3 .... Tomarrow is yoga x! Anybody have good recipies ideas?
  • happinessblossoms
    Options
    Just finish Day 4 Yoga X, I found the first 45minutes difficult with constantly going into Vinyasa and Runner's pose after every move. I actually gave up 40 mins in. I sat out and let the dvd play, but the second half with all the balance yoga I really enjoyed!

Also I finally got my HRM so I can accurately track my calories burned.:bigsmile:

I'm off to do a Zumba class in a little bit, Gonna test and see how mnay cals that burns!:happy:

Awesome! I love my HRM! :o)
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    W1D3 done!

Shoulders & Arms/Ab Ripper X

Was rather disappointed, I think my expectations became too extreme because of the reviews I read before starting this program. I was actually a little bored with this workout and since it seemed too easy, I am going to buy some heavier weights & see if that helps. Ab Ripper X was no joke, though! And my abs are farily strong so I was surprised at how hard this disk was. Good workout though! It'll take some work!

Hope everyone is still BRINGING IT & sticking with us! :wink:
  • epeebes
    Options

Awesome! I love my HRM! :o)

I am SOOOOO in love with my HRM! I got the Polar ft7, what kind do you have?
  • epeebes
    Options
    W1D3 done!

Was rather disappointed, I think my expectations became too extreme because of the reviews I read before starting this program. I was actually a little bored with this workout and since it seemed too easy, I am going to buy some heavier weights & see if that helps. Ab Ripper X was no joke, though! And my abs are farily strong so I was surprised at how hard this disk was. Good workout though! It'll take some work!

Hope everyone is still BRINGING IT & sticking with us! :wink:

I totally felt the same about Shoulders and Arms. I only used a 5 pound weight since that's all I have. But I've heard using more than that for a woman will bulk you up and I'm not sure I want to be that muscular:frown:

But yea Ab ripper is no joke! Good luck tomorrow, the Yoga is looooooong :noway:
  • 321Detonate
    Options

Thumbs up on the heavier weight. Like Tony says, whether you go for 8-10 or 12-15 reps per exercise, you should be struggling on the last 3 reps. That's when the magic happens. :smile:
    I totally felt the same about Shoulders and Arms. I only used a 5 pound weight since that's all I have. But I've heard using more than that for a woman will bulk you up and I'm not sure I want to be that muscular

Don't be afraid of a heavier weight! I use 10-15 lb for shoulders and biceps and 8s for triceps, and my arms are nowhere close to bulky. (see profile pic)

Happy Yoga day tomorrow (for some people)!! I've heard so many people say they hate it, but it's my favorite. :heart: I've been doing that disc for 7 months and it's STILL hard! It doesn't really get easier per se, but the more you do it the more you'll improve. :smile:
  • JWALL101
    Options
    Sorry that i have not posted which program. I will be doing the doubles program also. I will try to get the measurements and weight posted asap. I am just starting my 1st session tonight, my work schedule has been crazy.

Sw:299
    Waist
    Hips
    Chest
    R-arm
    L-arm
    R-thigh
    L-thigh
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options

Thumbs up on the heavier weight. Like Tony says, whether you go for 8-10 or 12-15 reps per exercise, you should be struggling on the last 3 reps. That's when the magic happens. :smile:
    I totally felt the same about Shoulders and Arms. I only used a 5 pound weight since that's all I have. But I've heard using more than that for a woman will bulk you up and I'm not sure I want to be that muscular

Don't be afraid of a heavier weight! I use 10-15 lb for shoulders and biceps and 8s for triceps, and my arms are nowhere close to bulky. (see profile pic)

Happy Yoga day tomorrow (for some people)!! I've heard so many people say they hate it, but it's my favorite. :heart: I've been doing that disc for 7 months and it's STILL hard! It doesn't really get easier per se, but the more you do it the more you'll improve. :smile:

Thanks girls!!
    I had actually heard the same thing, most girls don't want to lift too heavy since they're not looking to bulk up (and I'm certainly in this group), but I also heard that a heavier weight won't bulk you up. Glad to hear picking a heavier weight may be what I need for this workout.
    I was using 3lb weights, since that's what I'd always used during my treadmill workouts. I was going to get 5lb weights, but after reading this I may pick up a variety so I'll have options and find what fits.

I do have Yoga today, haven't really been looking forward to it after reading what everyone's been saying about it....so we shall seeee! :happy:
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    Hi!! I would like to join!!! I am on day 5 today...doing the lean.. I will post all my measurements tonight after I get off from work. I love that someone started a group!!!! Thanks! oh by the way my weight is 139.6.
  • happinessblossoms
    Options
    I am SOOOOO in love with my HRM! I got the Polar ft7, what kind do you have?

epeebes: I have the Polar FT4. It's my new BFF. I like how the watch actually works and looks good too! :o)

W1D5 completed! Sweet! My elbows kinda hurt from all the punching and push-ups. I didn't feel like I overextended my arms though.
  • Jsnbabb1
    Jsnbabb1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Please add me to lean... I started on the 3rd of January so I just did yoga today here's my measurements

weight: 168
    chest: 38.5
    waist:40.5
    hips:40
    R thigh:22.75
    L thigh:22.75
    R arm:12.5
    L arm:12.5
  • AidaR
    AidaR Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

I have a question for some of you that are ahead of me, this morning was my day2 (Cardio X) and I was just beyond sore to complete some of the sets, specially my core. I walked in to work this morning and people are asking me why I'm limping LOL :blushing: .
    Any advise on how to get past the pain? I've been eating bananas since i heard that helps and all but is there anything else i can do?

Thanks in advance :smile:
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Ok yesterday was a REALLY bad day!!!! Not food wise, but just in general! Anyway... I did my morning cardio workout... and then i worked a 10 hour shift.... and then had a rough evening from there! Therefore... I didn't get my P90X workout in... I'm doing shoulders and arms today instead of yoga and then hopefully going to make up yoga somewhere this weekend! I'm annoyed beacuse I really didnt want to start out this way, however sometimes things happen and theres nothing you can do about it! Today is a NEW day!!
  • JWALL101
    Options
    Protein helps with the sorness. To repair muscle fibers. There are some protein powders that have amino acids in it that help with post workout soreness. Drink lots of water and stretch, stretch, stretch.