Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - January Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• Roobean33
    Roobean33 Posts: 104
    Options
    Oh yes, thanks Finn! I appreciate your thoughts. I didn't realize I had yet another pro to turn to! ;-) How many reps are you doing during your sets? I'm trying to find that balance between light enough that I can do 3 longer sets, but still get the burn. I don't want to go too heavy and get bulky...
  • briar_rose
    briar_rose Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Can i join?

briar_rose: lose 5 pounds, exercise 3x/week, no potato chips
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    Oh yes, thanks Finn! I appreciate your thoughts. I didn't realize I had yet another pro to turn to! ;-) How many reps are you doing during your sets? I'm trying to find that balance between light enough that I can do 3 longer sets, but still get the burn. I don't want to go too heavy and get bulky...

Oh hush with your pro business! Just what I have found works for me. I am actually doing 2 sets of 15 reps. On my last set I should have MMF (momentary muscle failure) between rep number 12 and 15... Its really just one theory of lifting. There are many out there some that I buy into a little more than this one, but this works for my schedule right now. You should check out the book "New Rules for Lifting: For Women" It really breaks down a lot of the myths that are out there about lifting and women and bulking up etc. Puts a new persective on healthy living :smile:
  • finncmh
    Options
    Can i join?

Welcome briar_rose. Great group that can be really motivating and some weeks the dialogue moves really fast! Welcome :bigsmile: I added you to the running list of our goals for the month.

Can you tell I am having a slow day today- I have been on here non-stop all day... haha!

skiptomylou32--scale goal: 125, non-scale goal: stop waiting till tomorrow, making excuses, and being complacent with my fitness goals
    Lauratx22-to lose 6 pounds! Weighing 165!
    Roobean33 - cardio 5X/week, lifting 3X/week, try out CrossFit, lose 2lbs, H20 guzzle, take measurements.
    kvr414- 1 hr cardio 3x a week, try 3 new recipes, 12 cups water/day, lose 6 lbs.
    meagalayne- curb late-night snacking and emotional eating, limit carbohydrate consumption after 4pm and experiment with new Low-GI recipes once a week, maintain under 130lbs, and complete first 4 weeks of Hal Higdon's Half Marathon Training (Novice)
    emmarie1630- lose 4 pounds, 4x a week workout, use wii fitness games a ton, MORE WATER!
    wardiemelissa-continue to maintain between 120-125lbs; plan healthy family meals at least 5 nights a week; begin training for half marathon (just need to find one in May or June)
    tjradd73-lose 8lbs, 80oz H20 per day, and cardio 3x per week.
    Mike (CaptainJim) lose 5-8 lbs, 3x (30-60 min) cardio per week, fit into size 32 jeans (I'm 34's right now)
    Finncmh- see a loss on the scale, continue strength training 2x's a week and update the routine at the end of Jan, continue running training- increase to 5 min running intervals, 1 new healthy recipe a week, and get back in to yoga/stretching routine in the am and/or pm
  • euca
    euca Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 (turning 29 at then end of the month - eek!) and I'm new here. I'm hoping to stay within my 1200 net calories every day this month (except for my bday - when i'll be allowed cake and champagne!) and hope to get below 150 by February.

CW - 156 lbs (2/01/2011)
    GW - 149 lbs (1/02/2011)
  • maru09
    maru09 Posts: 7
    Options
    Such a inspiration!
    today 1 shaun t
    w 160 lbs :(
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    meggonkgonk: Reach 150 lbs, complete 1 unabridged week of training, Week 4 of pushup challenge and 1 unassisted pullup

So December didn’t see me reach all of my goals- none of them were complete, in fact, but I purposely set my goals high and still landed among the stars as far as I’m concerned. I lost 4.4 lbs, and though I slacked in my workouts, for a month which was a black hole of goodies, I am pretty happy!

Instead of a month recap, I would like to post my measurements from LAST YEAR which I took at my last new year resolution time
    Jan 10
    Weight: 182
    BMI: 32
    Waist: 34.5
    Stomach: 39
    Hips: 44
    Arms: 13.5
    Upper Thigh: 26.5
    Lower: 22

JAN 2011
    Weight: 151.4
    BMI: 27
    Waist: 29
    Stomach: 34
    Hips: 37
    Arms: 12
    Upper Thigh: 23.5
    Lower: 17

So total inches lost (all over, incl. non listed) for the YEAR: 34.5 . Total Lbs lost for the year: 30.6 Freaking SWEET.
    Goals for January: Reach 148lbs, Restart the pushups challenge, Complete 1 unabridged week of my ½ marathon training (not just the runs).

THE LIST! :
    skiptomylou32--scale goal: 125, non-scale goal: stop waiting till tomorrow, making excuses, and being complacent with my fitness goals
    Roobean33 - cardio 5X/week, lifting 3X/week, try out CrossFit, lose 2lbs, H20 guzzle, take measurements.
    kvr414- 1 hr cardio 3x a week, try 3 new recipes, 12 cups water/day, lose 6 lbs.
    meagalayne- curb late-night snacking and emotional eating, limit carbohydrate consumption after 4pm and experiment with new Low-GI recipes once a week, maintain under 130lbs, and complete first 4 weeks of Hal Higdon's Half Marathon Training (Novice)
    emmarie1630- lose 4 pounds, 4x a week workout, use wii fitness games a ton, MORE WATER!
    wardiemelissa-continue to maintain between 120-125lbs; plan healthy family meals at least 5 nights a week; begin training for half marathon (just need to find one in May or June)
    Mike (CaptainJim) lose 5-8 lbs, 3x (30-60 min) cardio per week, fit into size 32 jeans (I'm 34's right now)
    Finncmh- see a loss on the scale, continue strength training 2x's a week and update the routine at the end of Jan, continue running training- increase to 5 min running intervals, 1 new healthy recipe a week, and get back in to yoga/stretching routine in the am and/or pm
    euca: stay within my 1200 net calories every day this month (except for my bday - when i'll be allowed cake and champagne!) and hope to get below 150 by February
    Meggonkgonk: Reach 148lbs, Restart the pushups challenge, Complete 1 unabridged week of my ½ marathon training (not just the runs).

Euca- I added your goals to the list- we compare to this weekly/monthly- so be sure to check in at your next weigh in and let us know how you are doing!
    Maru- I can’t tell what your goals are, but just copy the list above and ad your own in the same format- try to include 1 goal that’s not dependent on the scale (aka- a non-scale goal, or an NSG)

Welcome Newbs and Holla at my regular Kickin’ *kitten* buds!!! SUPER 2010 everyone!!! Here’s to an unstoppable 2011. Now onto boy time and HW- my other resolution, to GRADUATE in May!!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I truly love this thread!!! Everyone did so great on their December goals which is a huge motivation for me to keep doing well at mine!! So thanks to all the ladies (and Mike) for the continued awesomeness and encouragement!!!

Of course welcome to the newbies!! aglad to have ya and great goals set :)

AFM-since it is only the 2nd not too much! i did get in my 1/3 cardio for the week...I did 27 minutes of Michael Jacksons dance game for the wii! its no wonder he was so skinny!! LOL i also did target resistance training on my arms for 10 minutes. so overall, happy with workout 1 for the year :) and I got in my 80 oz of water for yesterday and have started my water for today as well! I am slightly concerned for our last holiday potluck...and i think that i am gonna bring in a fruit tray and a veggie tray just to be sure that there are a few healthy alternatives!! wish me luck! :)
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! What great goals so far from everyone!!!

I had a very busy day today!!! My 2 yr old decided that she didn't want to sleep last night and woke up around 2 am screaming for me at the top of her lungs while standing in the hallway...why may you all ask???? She wanted me to put her hair back in pony tails!!!! Seriously?!?!?!?:sad: that is why you woke me up??? She finally fell back asleep around 3 am.

I woke up and had YUMMY steel cut oats with blueberries and started going through the cupboards, fridge, and pantry making my list for the grocery store. Also found some different recipes for dinners this week that look pretty good. :bigsmile:

2 hours at the store and close to $300 later....GEESH!!!! It sure isn't CHEAP to eat healthy!!!:grumble:

Didn't get a "true" workout in today but did clean the house and prep all my veggies for the week and made a thai peanut bulgar salad with spinach leaves...never had bulgar before...was pretty easy to use!!!

STOKED to start 1/2 training tomorrow but NOT excited to go back to work tomorrow!:noway:

Have a great night everyone!!!

:heart: Melissa
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Bump! Miss you guys! I will be back tomorrow with some ideas! Hope all is well, I can't wait to catch up!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Gonks - Amazing freaking results for 2010, girl! WOW :noway: You kicked *kitten*! Love your goals for this month and can't wait to start Half training with ya! Tomorrow's the big day!

Melissa - Sounds like a lot of deliciousness going on at your place -- Is my invite in the mail? haha Love using bulgur for salads and chilis. Let me know if you find any other uses. What did you put in the salad? Sounds incredible!

Aly - Looking forward to having you back in the full rotation!! :bigsmile:

Newbs - Nice to have you! :flowerforyou: Welcome

Wish I could spend more time but my whole day has been a write off and I need to get to bed. I ate nothing but carbs today, apart from a small healthy dinner with the boy, because it was all I could keep down. Was sick post-breakfast then ate some trail mix, chocolate and licorice in the afternoon w/ an apple because I was starving but I figured anything meal-ish would make me sick again (the choc was just a cop-out because I love chocolate), at night I had another apple, which made me insanely nauseous again, and then some tea and more carbs late at night. Definitely *NOT* meeting my Jan goals so far. Carbs and late-night snacking galore. FML.

Whatever I have right now is honestly horrendous. We spent 8+ hours in bed today (literally the whole day) just curled up having quiet time because I felt so terrible. It wasn't just my stomach though - my back was so sore and aching that I couldn't move. I felt more worn out today than I have in recent memory and I am still really dragging. I have no idea what's going on with my body but it was just awful today. We ended up calling Ontario Tele-Health to speak with a registered nurse about it... That was a wonderful waste of time. She had no recommendations for us. Great.

OK enough b*tching. If things stay the same overnight and into the morning I am going to hit a clinic tomorrow. If not, I'll be hitting the gym to start some Half training! I am tired of this "resting" bullsh*t. I want to get working!
    Meag:heart:
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Melissa-good luck on your training!! you are gonna kill it!!

Meag-feel better girly!!
  • Roobean33
    Roobean33 Posts: 104
    Options
    Finn - I checked out that book and it looks great! I just read the previews on amazon and I have learned a lot already! Hitting the gym to lift like a DUDE! lol ;-)

Meag - Feel better! Sounds awful. Making your coconut/cocoa oatmeal for breakfast today!

TJ - Good luck at the holiday potluck and great job starting off January right!

Melissa - Every little princess need pigtails!! Even if it is at 2am. lol I'm sure it is funnier now than when it happened. Great job stocking up for healthy eating! I hear you when you say it isn't cheap...

AFM - Feeling skinny today and it's awesome. I couldn't help it and jumped on the scale and I am indeed lighter. I am in a groove at the gym and I'm kicking @ss. Can't see what my official WI says. I am really starting to get into lifting which may alter my number on the scale, but I'm looking toward NSV too as I am nearing my goal weight. Hope everyone has a great week!
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies- I have been periodically reading your threads from previous months and see how supportive you all are so I would love to join.

I am excited to start a new plan and stick to it with the new year. Good luck to everyone!

mkingraham: lose 15 pounds by Feb 1., exercise 5/6 x a week with 3/4 days of strength training, eat breakfast everyday (a healthy one), two servings of fruit a day.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies- I have been periodically reading your threads from previous months and see how supportive you all are so I would love to join.

mkingraham: lose 15 pounds by Feb 1., exercise 5/6 x a week with 3/4 days of strength training, eat breakfast everyday (a healthy one), two servings of fruit a day.

mkingraham - we're really psyched to have you on board, but I just want to throw this out there: 15 lbs in a month is a LOT. To have something so high as a goal is really setting yourself up for failure-- With 4 weeks until 2/1, I would recommend aiming for 6-8lbs (I even feel 8 is kind of high). 15 lbs would be nearly 4lbs a week, which is just not realistic and if you don't hit that pace the first couple of weeks, you run the risk of losing sight of any progress at all and not seeing how great even a 4lb loss in a month is.

Anywho, that's just my $0.02. Welcome to the group and we look forward to your posts.

~Gonks
  • finncmh
    Options
    Meag- thanks for all of the encouragement and motivation you have given to me on here! You have NOOO idea what a huge help and support you have been to me and I am sure many others. I hope you feel better today! Either way take care of you and give your body the rest it is craving even though it is driving you nuts!!! Keep us updated!

Mike- way to go on the loss! Keep up the great work

Mary- Im psyched that you like the book and even MORE psyched that you are getting in to lifting. I have seen a halt in my numbers for WL over the past few weeks and it can be frustrating especially since I have a lot more to loose BUT I am noticing HUGE differences in my body so that’s awesome. Go to the books website- they have the first chapter on there that you can read. I got the book for around $6 or $7 on amazon. I think that when I reevaluate my lifting routine at the end of January I may move to doing their workouts- INTENSE!!!

Euca and Maru09- WELCOME! It’s an AMAZING group

Gonk- you are ABSOLUTELY incredible!!!!!!! I always love your attitude about weight loss and getting healthy. 34.5” is insane! Great work lady- 2011 is going to be another rocking year

TJ- I am with you on this thread. It is what keeps me going some days and also what gives me the kick in the tush that I need on other days. You are already rocking your goals for the new year LOVE it! Love that you are drinking so much water. I have been really pushing to do 80oz on regular days and another 20-40 on workout days. Good luck with the potluck way to be proactive with healthy snacks!

Melissa- LOVE that you went through and came up with a grocery list. I need to start doing more of that- planning healthy meals ahead for the week. Its tough though with money sometimes- I TOTALLY hear that!!!

mkingraham- Welcome! It truly is an AWESOME group! I agree with gonks though. 15lbs is a lot in one month. You know your body best but it can be a lot on you emotionally and on your body to try and loose that much that fast. My philosophy is slow and steady- it can be frustrating at times. But it’s the only way I have been successful!!! I would definitely friend people on this thread. There are some ladies that have been at this over a year and have had a lot of success and are a huge motivating factor and knowledge base!!!

AFM- no workout yesterday as planned. Worked all day then grabbed food with the fiancé (a lot of calories at dinner time. Was still under my total for the day but really didn’t need to be that high for dinner. Oh well). It’s hard sometimes to break that old dieting habit of beating myself up when I eat something that is so much like that even though I planned for it and everything. We also went grocery shopping and picked up food for the week. Tried to really plan- but some weeks are harder than others.

Feeling AMAZING today. Definitely noticing the difference in my clothes. Anyway- going to run again tonight at the gym. Will keep you updated on how that goes

Cait
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    gonk and finncmh- I will definitely take your adivce into consideration. I know its a high goal, I am just really trying to push myself, and I have already knocked into the 15 pounds. I started on my 15 pounds by Feb 1 just after christmas so its a little more then a January goal. So that gives me about 5 weeks, which I know is 3 pounds a week and is high. Any who- thanks for the advice and as I keep pushing this month I will definitely keep in mind that 15 pounds is a high goal and if I hit 8 pounds lost that would be just as awesome!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone (just barely, since it's nearly noon already)...!!

Ok well I slept a good 8 hours or so last night which was much needed. The weekends are always rough for me because of working late and then several early mornings (usually only 4-5 hours sleep) so it was nice to catch up a little. My back is feeling about 60% better today, but definitely not good enough to start my Half training. It's extremely difficult for me to just sit around and "rest" without feeling like I am making excuses and letting myself down. I know that my body is *not* happy with me right now, obviously, but I hate feeling like I am not giving 110% right now.

In lieu of working out, I am going to take care of some of my other Jan healthy goals today... For starters, I've decided that to curb my artificial sweetener use I will no longer be taking any in my coffees/lattee EXCEPT for my first cup of coffee in the morning. I don't think I could stand to totally cut it out yet, because I would for sure cheat, so I'll give myself a weening period for the month. I have also stopped sweetening my oatmeal entirely. If I want it sweet, I'll add fruit or a natural sweetening agent. No more chemicals in breakfast. I'm also going to make it my goal this week to find a General Practitioner. Despite our awesome, incredible health care system up here that y'all should ALL be jealous of, I actually don't have a family doctor and haven't for the last 4 years... I left my old doctor because he made me VERY uncomfortable and I didn't trust his medical opinion, due to some serious medical issues I had several years ago, I am extremely hesitant to see a doctor to this day as a result, but I know that it's in my best interest to be regularly checked and that I should have a GP to see if I need to, so that's on my list of To-Dos for January's health and wellness goals. I'm also going to find a tasty recipe to make for dinner that is healthy and low-GI and hopefully the whole family will enjoy.

mkingraham - Welcome!! :flowerforyou: This group is amazing and I hope that you find the support and motivation that you are looking for through this thread :happy: Have to agree with Gonks and Cait. 15lbs is really shooting for the stars, and not a sustainable weight-loss goal over 1 month if you want to be losing fat and not sacrificing muscle loss. I found that I ended up having to double my efforts after losing a lot of weight because I hadn't been practicing "quality weight-loss" -- I ended up just looking like a smaller fat person, to be honest, and was not happy with my body shape at all. I am still struggling with it to date and working on increasing lean muscle and re-shaping my body to make it less flabby and more fit looking.

Losing fat takes time, plain and simple, and it takes eating a good quantity of really healthy foods, a balanced diet including good fats, lean proteins, and complex carbohydrates (rich in fiber). It also takes a lot of hard physical work, including strength training to build your lean muscle and help burn fat, and cardio work to improve your heart health and burn calories. Aiming to lose 1-2lbs of quality weight and keep the weight you want - lean muscle, mostly - is a great goal and while it might take somewhat longer to lose the weight, it will pay off in the end when you have a strong, fit and healthy body that you are truly happy with. Hindsight is 20/20 and I really wish I had known this from the start of my journey, so I hope that you look into it for yourself and make sure that you are fueling your body well and not depriving it of good, healthy foods in order to lose the weight fast. You will probably find that while it takes a bit longer to see results on the scale, NSVs will be plentiful using this approach and you will be very happy with what you see in the mirror. Good luck and welcome to the group! :bigsmile:

Cait - Thanks girl :happy: I really appreciate your kind words. I am going to be resting up and will hopefully be back full-tilt tomorrow. I guess we'll see! Definitely feel you on the old "dieting" mentality... It's so hard sometimes not to feel guilt even when you are managing a balanced diet, just from eating over some days, or eating heavier meals. It's weird but just have to work through it. I struggle a lot with this because I have always drilled it into myself that dieting = deprivation and that there are no excuses for eating poorly. It's just a mental block that we have to overcome. Balance means allowing ourselves some "sometimes food" in moderation and when we make room for it in our cals. But it's not always easy to justify when you are so committed and determined to meet your goals. Have to just reprogram and see the whole affair as a journey and not a finish line. The balance that keeps us from pulling out our hair in frustration and keeps us happy and healthy in the longterm, is worth far more than the final # on the scale -- I can tell you from experience, since reaching my GW hasn't felt like that big of a victory compared to everything else I have accomplished in the last year. Can't wait to see more of your running goals accomplished, Cait. You are such a wonderful motivator and inspiration and I am PSYCHED to hopefully run the Warrior Dash with you and the other ladies here :happy: We are going to have SUCH a blast and it's going to be such a wonderful way to measure the results of all our hard work this past year. Doing something active with some of my favourite MFP ladies and celebrating in your victories first hand is going to be such a wonderful experience, and I am sure it will fill me with so much pride to see how far you have all come :happy: I am really looking forward to it already!

Roo - What Cait said! Sorry I missed this question/post earlier... I only list 2-3 days a week, depending on my schedule. I find that with my running I usually am too burnt out to lift more than that, and my muscles are just far too tired to dedicate any more time to it. I would suggest taking a day for your muscles to recover after every heavy lifting session. One day on, one day off. Even if you are rotating your muscle groups, each muscle group only really needs to be worked out once ever 5 days or so in order to see muscle growth. Keep in mind that aerobics, stepping, running, elliptical and other such exercises, although they are technically cardio workouts, also work your muscles and will help to strengthen them and build lean mass. So if you are doing those along with your weights every day, it's not a wonder you are feeling sore and somewhat burnt out. You definitely need to give yourself a rest! This is why they suggest not doing the same workout every day - since you muscle groups need a recovery period in order to heal and grow, you should try to switch it up every other day or so. This will help you avoid burn out and will make sure that your body is being toned in a more balanced fashion. So instead of the elliptical every day, so it 3 or 4 times a week and then maybe take up an exercise class or video 2 times a week, or try interval and body-weight circuit training 2 times a week instead of lifting... Just my thoughts! I hope more than anything you find a regimen that works for you, keeps you happy and motivated, and gives you tangible results so that you stick with it! From the sounds of it you are really enjoying your new workouts and I love that you are feeling skinny today - There is really NOTHING more rewarding than feeling like you're making progress and looking good! :bigsmile: Those are always my fave days.

OK Finally signing off. Have to find a recipe and get myself moving. Perhaps I'll do some house-work to get myself up and going, even if its not a real "workout"... Hope to be back at it tomorrow. Have a great Monday everyone!
    Meag:heart:
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - lose 5 pounds before 2011. Work out twice a week. Continue with my C25K training.

I don't think I got anywhere near my scale goal. I tried to weigh myself this morning but I think the battery was dead in the scale and I needed to get my daughter to the bus stop so I didn't have time to change it. I will just wait until my official WI on Thursday to find out. I think I met my workout out goal at least 2 weeks out of the month...which is progress so I'm not gonna beat myself up about it. I didn't get a chance to touch the C25k training this month. I had originally planned to do that at the gym but since getting to the gym always turns out to be a mission, I think I will need to work something out so that I can get it in at home.

As for January...I am not gonna focus on the scale at all. This morning was the first time I have hopped on the scale this year and I think the fact that it wasn't working was the confirmation that I needed to not depend on the scale for my health. I will offficially WI on Thursday using my mom's scale and wait until February to put the new battery in mine. So all of my goals for the month will be NSG. #1. Eat at least 2 servings of fruit and/or vegetables every day. #2. Try one new recipe per week. #3. Plan my meals each week. #4. Get in 120 minutes of exercise per week....the amount of days doesn't matter to me, just as long as I fit it in. #5. Get back to C25k traning...which will be much easier when it stops raining here.

This will be a busy month for me though...going to San Diego with the boy this weekend for a wedding, going on a cruise 2 weeks after that, and then his birthday is the following weekend.

GuamGrly (Bethany) - DO NOT focus on the scale. Focus on changing my lifestyle by incorporating fruits and vegetables in my diet more, drinking my water everyday, planning my meals, working out 120 minutes per week, and getting back to C25k traning.
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Losstalykat:* Do one nice relaxing thing for myself once a week. (massage, bath with wine and book, new workout class....)* Focus on Triathlon Training, workout as close to the training schedule as possible. * Only eat 2 sweets a week(it is the holidays after all)*Measure at the beginning and end of the month.

Well I have to say as for my December goals they were mostly met. I did the best I could and I gave myself a break during the holidays, a little too much as the scale might know. I over did it with food, but kept mostly good about my workouts. I had an injury which made me eat and drink more than I should have. But honestly, I had a great holiday. Not caring about dieting for a week was a lot of fun, but it came at a price. I am prepared to lose the weight I gained and get back down to my lowest weight and then some by my triathlon in April. I could sit here and list all the things I think I did wrong, but I am not going to do that. Last year and many years before it I am so good at beating myself up I will not let that trend happen. I did a fair amount of emotional eating, or justification eating saying that I deserved it. But my body did not like it. So I started off the new year with a hangover lol as usual but got up yesterday to go to training. I ate healthy all day and also did a new workout video I bought (Jillian Michaels shred it with weights) I plan to get back into eating things that make my body feel good with lots of fresh vegetables. I will be active in some way every day. I will also do some sort of weights or strength training 3 times a week so here are my official goals for January.

GuamGrly (Bethany) - DO NOT focus on the scale. Focus on changing my lifestyle by incorporating fruits and vegetables in my diet more, drinking my water everyday, planning my meals, working out 120 minutes per week, and getting back to C25k traning.
    LostAlyKat (Aly) : Be under 170lbs for the end of the month.