They forgot my birthday

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Meowsauce
    Options
    Happy birthday sweets!

Sorry that they didn't know/forgot. I was actually in Target today shopping for a card for my sister her birthday is tomorrow and I'm going there to surprise her (she moved a few hours away afew years ago). I asked my mom if she bought her sister a card knowing that their's is in the same month and I asked when it was.. she said the 6th... and she didn't send a card.. I told her I would cry if my sister didn't at least send me a card.. lol. Needless to say I guilted her into buying a belated one for her sister.

Hope you have a great birthday, and you should be happy that a bunch of strangers here care more than the people you work with :) haha ;D
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    2m5xs12.jpg

Get over it! They are co-workers. Who cares if they remember. Who cares if anyone remembers at that. Enjoy yourself. Oh, I forgot. Happy birthday.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Nobody remembered mine today either.....

I remembered, even without your attention-whoring avatar. :wink: :smooched:

Awwe. :)

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream eating afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options

jac-mr-mfp-o.gif

You had to add the gif... didn't you?
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options

jac-mr-mfp-o.gif

Now that's smooth.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

jac-mr-mfp-o.gif

You had to add the gif... didn't you?

I love that gif!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    It's your work. They pay you to be there. It is not their job to make you feel speeeshhhhulll on your birthday.

You sound extremely entitled.
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    You feel how you feel. In my office, birthdays are quite pro-forma. I'm the guy who is always on the road -- I put in 1 day a week at the office, but I get a card every year. It's a nice thing to do, but I know how these things happen. Nobody remembered except the computer that puts my name on a list every May, and so the person that circulates cards circulated one with my name on it.
  • abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I prefer that no one knows it's my birthday.

^^^this - I wish my family would forget it as well!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday :)

enjoy ice cream....and cake and forget about those who forgot. Celebrate it yourself and have fun :)
  • Mikkimeow
    Options
    It's your work. They pay you to be there. It is not their job to make you feel speeeshhhhulll on your birthday.

lol'ing at your snap judgement. lol'ing allllllll night long.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • JojoW8183
    JojoW8183 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, hope there's plenty more in store for you. :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Just a few things:

1. no one is obligated to know or remember your birthday, especially not at work
    2. if you didn't make it known that you EXPECTED something for your birthday, you can't really be upset
    3. it's just another day on the calendar

Did you put it on your boss' calendar? That's what I do. All of my attorneys know it's my birthday because they have a calendar reminder. If it was so important, why didn't you "casually" mention it as the date approached? My office sent out an email today that they'll be doing monthly birthday celebrations again...perhaps you can suggest something like that is done in your office?

You seem offended over this response, but you did say...
    Do I tell myself to buck up, or do I ask why every one else gets at least some sort of recognition for their birthday? Please tell me how many levels of spoiled brat I am being.
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    Options
    My coworkers forgot my birthday this year, even though it was on the department calendar that I knew that everyone looked at because they check it every single day. I waited until the end of the day before I said anything. They felt so bad that they got me presents and took me out to lunch later in the week. To be fair, I'm really cute when I'm sad.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    I turned 50 two weeks ago and honestly was expecting some kind of party or something from my family as they had made such a big deal when their Father turned fifty four years ago!

I must say that I was deeply hurt since fifty is quite a milestone and I have been working so hard and doing great this year, and I'm in better shape than I had been these past 23 years! :cry:

I guess spending more time on me for once instead of putting 100% on everyone else like I always had in the past isn't going too well for me :ohwell:
  • Mikkimeow
    Options
    Happy Birthday, hope there's plenty more in store for you. :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Just a few things:

1. no one is obligated to know or remember your birthday, especially not at work
    2. if you didn't make it known that you EXPECTED something for your birthday, you can't really be upset
    3. it's just another day on the calendar

Did you put it on your boss' calendar? That's what I do. All of my attorneys know it's my birthday because they have a calendar reminder. If it was so important, why didn't you "casually" mention it as the date approached? My office sent out an email today that they'll be doing monthly birthday celebrations again...perhaps you can suggest something like that is done in your office?

You seem offended over this response, but you did say...
    Do I tell myself to buck up, or do I ask why every one else gets at least some sort of recognition for their birthday? Please tell me how many levels of spoiled brat I am being.

Just to clarify, if anyone was capable of understanding satire, they would not have actually thought I was offended in the least by my coworkers. Of course I don't care. Nothing could make me care less than people that I am paid to put up with not buying me cake. This post was a caricature of every, "poor me" post we have nowadays. Now that the air is cleared, have a good day.